Sign in to follow this  
bum71

Horrible Performance...

"2. Not sure what you are talking about here, ive no texture loss because the HDR, ive seen the HDR going too bright a few times but when a moved it was back to normal again.

The HDR going too bright/dark happens to some people constantly though, but no real relation between them in system specs."

than what is on my screen above with soldier + FAL?

sometimes this happens inside buildings

sometimes soldiers or weapons are "silver-grey" when you are near because of HDR

turn this sh*** off

many people wanna have possibility to turn of this sick HDR

really - it is only game that is unplayable after 30 minutes because of memory block up

engine is not cleaning unused textures or something

if game is good for first 20 minutes of play and after reloading to "m", or mission retry there are textures and LODs missing

than this is due to wrong engine of game

Thats not texture loss, its the HDR going to the brightest setting, ive experienced it a few times aswell, but in your case its ruining the game.

Quote[/b] ]this is due to wrong engine of game

Well, that would be true if everyone experienced it, but there are only a few reports about it and there seems to be no relation between your PCs (just checked it again).

If everyone would have it it would surely be caused by the game, however only a few people have it, so its probably a HW+game conflict, but because all the hardware is different we cannot find a pattern here and noone knows where to start looking for a fix.

However, if you have some kind of hardware gamma (or any other kind of gamma/brightness setting) in your videocarddriver options, try turning them of or setting them to default. (as a possible fix for the HDR)

EDIT: Oh, and i wish we could turn of the HDr aswell, its the only thing preventing me enjoying this game for 100%, its way overdone and hurts my eyes after a while... tounge2.gif

only few reports ?

in Poland many

but how was it with start ( http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=56216 )?

i wrote to them 3 e-mails without any answer, so now they cannot say "we have no report" (i mean polis distributor LEM)

you know what helped ? at the end i instaled alcohol and run game from deamon tools

i had clear system - and game was telling i have emulating software, but i hadn't any

after i installed this all works ?

of course you can turn back, but i doesn't change reality behind your back

or maybe polish distributor (that not reads emails) just doesn't report BIS ?

i live in country where is full game not demo, many tests were carried/conducted with different software - on p olish forum there was topic

man used Everest software to test RAM

at the beginning of gaming 300 MB used, after some 40 minutes 950 MB (next mission)

i know people that have 7950 GTX card with a lot of RAM and they have problems too

if people with strong and powerfull PC have problems than ... ?

this is "game" so it should work on home PC not a super graphic stations with many VGA, many processors

but this game acts like ***

many people have problems, but how many of them is registered here on this forum ?

game works good for 20-30 minutes in case i dont use "map", or retry mission after fail or beeing shoot

I had no idea this game was do diffrent from 1 pc to the next.

It funs fine on mine

2560 x 1024 16:9 on dual 19"

everything up, view distance at default.

My Specs.

SILVERSTONE SST-TJ05B-X Black ATX Mid Tower Case

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939 oc to 2.38GHz

ZALMAN CNPS9500Cooling Fan

2x Seagate Barracuda 80GB 7200 RPM SerialATA HD (RAID-0)

stripe

CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) TWINX2048-3500LLPRO

SILVERSTONE ZEUS SST-ST65ZF 650W Power Supply

BFG Tech. 7800GTOC 256MB Viedo card

Creative SOUND BLASTER X-Fi Fatal1ty

SONY DRU800A 16X DVD±R DVD Burner

Koutech IO-FPM220 3.5" Floppy Drive & Multi Card Reader

2x Samsung 930B 19" lcd monitor

Nostromo N52 Gamepad

Longitech G5 Laser mouse

Longitech G15 Gaming keyboard.

Vilas, go into the game's video options and set both brightness and gamma to 1.00. Some people have solved their HDR problems like this.

I hope bis is reading this.... this game has the greatest potential, the 505 version should be the "real" copy, we've, in my opinion, have been playing a beta...

Just to let you know that some of the tips and tricks do work.

My Comp.

CPU 3G

Ram 1G

HD 250G SATA

Graphics 7950GT 512M

Yesterday was my first serious MP experience and I have to say that untill then my brief look at the Demo made me wonder what the hell every one was complaining about.

After about 1hr 45min on CTL I noticed things started looking jerky and some textures started dropping out.

Today I turned down the AA and AF to low, set every thing else to NORMAL and didn't notice any textures drop out till after I'd gone more than 6hrs.

Now I know this still is'nt quite perfect,(esp for a good Graphics card) but I have to admit I've noticed only a small hit to appearance compared to previous settings, and I'm unlikely to ever go more than 6hrs in a sitting.

Still BIS if there is enything you can do?

We'd all be very gratefull

I found it strange that the game sometimes loads faster when my graphics are set on a higher setting, then when it's on a lower setting it takes longer.

Might just be my imagination or a real odd coin flip

Can anybody please suggest some settings which work smooth with the following spec, I was getting a slide show last night near bushes especialy.

Suggested ingame settings, resolution, driver settings etc would all be very much appreciated thanks smile_o.gif

-----------------------------------------

ThermalTake Armor Liquid Cooled Case

QX6700 Quad Core Duo 2

EVGA 680i Mobo

2gb Corsair XMS2 Dominator 8500 C5

XFX 8800GTX using forceware 97.92 WHQL

Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty

24inch Dell 2407WFP with a native res of 1920x1200

------------------------------------------

Can anybody please suggest some settings which work smooth with the following spec, I was getting a slide show last night near bushes especialy.

Suggested ingame settings, resolution, driver settings etc would all be very much appreciated thanks smile_o.gif

-----------------------------------------

ThermalTake Armor Liquid Cooled Case

QX6700 Quad Core Duo 2

EVGA 680i Mobo

2gb Corsair XMS2 Dominator 8500 C5

XFX 8800GTX using forceware 97.92 WHQL

Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty

24inch Dell 2407WFP with a native res of 1920x1200

------------------------------------------

Looking at your system specs i can't see any settings which

would cause a slide show anyways.

There must be a problem with your system somewhere

else if you don't get smooth gameplay.

Though lots of people with G8800 reported having issues

so it could be caused by that and the only thing you can

do in this case is to wait for a fix.

One thing: try to set everything to high or very high but

keep a realistic viewdistance (below 3000).

If you want to turn down some things, try to disable shadows

and in nvidia control panel disable v-sync.

Also check that in nvidia control panel all relevant settings

are set to: aplication controlled.

~S~ CD

Disable AA, and AF, Turn off shadows and Post Processing, and play. It will work great! If it does, from there, slowly bump those settings back up until you find a nice balance.

If bushes and such are a big problem for your FPS

go into your drivers control panel and search for something like 'Transparancy Antialiasing' change the setting to 'multisampling' instead of 'supersampling', for me it even works beter than setting it to 'none'.

After this you will still have a slight drop but not as much as with the other settings, this works for me with a nVidia GeForce Go 6800

I'd be interested to hear how you get on since I'm about to purchase a very similar system (dual rather than quad core) and have the same monitor. Earlier posts have suggested that the latest Nvidia drivers might actually give worse performance so you might want to roll back to earlier drivers. For reference, I have also seen posts from RN Escobar suggesting that he runs at high frame rates with an 8800 GTX and core duo 6600 overclocked to 3.2GHz, albeit at 1600x1200.

Good luck !

If bushes and such are a big problem for your FPS

go into your drivers control panel and search for something like 'Transparancy Antialiasing' change the setting to 'multisampling' instead of 'supersampling', for me it even works beter than setting it to 'none'.

After this you will still have a slight drop but not as much as with the other settings, this works for me with a nVidia GeForce Go 6800

But he got a G8800, which shouldn't have problems with AA or AF at all - same with postprocessing.

The most problems being reported in combination with

G8800 were about VRAM not being refreshed properly

and thus leading into non-playability until alt-tabbe'd twice.

Noone so far reported having had to minimize his settings

to make it playable - look at Phantom's specs - it's not

a low end system we're talking about.

Again i say: keep in mind that there is probably something

wrong in your system's configuration or setup rather than

in game setup if you experience performance drops right

from start.

~S~ CD

Thanks.............

Will spend some time fiddling around with it again tonight then.

pistols.gif

Better wait for the patch....

Every minute you spend with configuring ArmA is wasted time.

MfG Lee

Quote[/b] ]Again i say: keep in mind that there is probably something

wrong in your system's configuration or setup rather than

in game setup if you experience performance drops right

from start.

~S~ CD

My system pulls 16500 3d marks in 3dmark 05.......

Pulls over 125 fps in cockpit in GTR2 max details 1920x1600

Pulls over 100fps in RACE max details 1920x1600

Even funs FSX at a reasonable detail level, in fact runs pretty much everything I throw at it no problem at all.

Just seems to be a AA problem for some reason, im not so stuck up to believe my system may be setup absolutely perfect but I have a fair indication everything is running pretty well at least.

I develop games for a living aswell, so I do have reasonable know how on setting up my system, again that doesnt mean I havnt missed a trick somewhere down the line  help.gif

Again thanks for your help in an attempt at squashing this problem smile_o.gif

Well, like i already said in my first post:

you could be one of the winners who have the best GPU

but it's having issues in combo with ArmA.

Also many dual core users experiencing unreasonable

problems in relation to their expected performance.

It's just that there's nothing to compare with ArmA when

it comes to performance questions since there are a lot

of aspects taking influence on it, which in almost every

other game isn't the case (at least that massive).

Your graphics card should have no prob at all dealing with

AA in ArmA, since my G7950 GT KO also hasn't.

Like Lee already mentioned it could be that you have to

wait for a fix - only problem i can see is that there is still

nothing been discovered that has to be fixed besides

simply performance problems. But the source hasn't been

found yet so it could take a while until it's getting fixed.

I dunno who but someone posted a few pages before that

it's BIS responsibility to get in contact with NVIDIA about the

issues with G8800. I'm not really sure if this is that true since

there are three sides;

The user who bought the game and the graphics card.

BIS who developed a game and want to sell it.

NVIDIA technology based hardware manufacturers who also

want to see their product being sold.

Now the question of who is responsible to get in contact with

who i can't see written anywhere - but i think somewhere

in the middle.

Noone gains anything if he's just waiting for the other side

to do their duties. smile_o.gif

~S~ CD

I dunno who but someone posted a few pages before that

it's BIS responsibility to get in contact with NVIDIA about the

issues with G8800. I'm not really sure if this is that true since

there are three sides;

The user who bought the game and the graphics card.

BIS who developed a game and want to sell it.

NVIDIA technology based hardware manufacturers who also

want to see their product being sold.

Now the question of who is responsible to get in contact with

who i can't see written anywhere - but i think somewhere

in the middle.

Noone gains anything if he's just waiting for the other side

to do their duties. smile_o.gif

It was me who said that and I stand by it. Why?

Nvidia handles driver developement and bug reports "in-house". End-users CAN´T directly contact Nvidia and forward bug reports. Sure end-users can report problems to card manufacturers but I highly doubt they properly forward bug reports as its not their job to develop (driver) software or the games.

This puts the job of bug reports back in BIS hands and their publishers who are selling the game and want people to keep it and not get returned copies of the game.

Nvidias job is to work out problem that are related to their cards (drivers), and if that doesn´t fix the problem, work with the devs and possibly even send them the hardware (8800 cards) and encourage/support them to find a solution.

The end-users are responsible to make sure its not a hardware issue, and obviously the problem with Arma and the 8800 is not hardware but software (drivers and/or Arma) since basically all 8800 owners have the problem and this takes the "end-user error" out of equation.

It´s true that its a common interest for both Nvidia and BIS and their publishers to work out possible issues together. If nobody takes control and their responisiblity, they don´t have to be surprised if sales for whatever product (the hardware or software) decreases. I certainly hope the "waiting for the other side" policy is not happening right now, because I can clearly see the potential of Arma and good it looks and performs on the 8800 (during the limited time frame until the problem shows).

It would be a shame if this problem couldn´t get fixed because of some dumb politics. I´m willing to wait until March/April, but I surely hope we see a solution earlier. smile_o.gif

Well, it looks as if next-gen AMD processors may indeed be a contributing factor, as I've read quite a few posts where AMD users experience problems. This could explain why myself, when reinstalling the OS and changing the GPU, had little effect.

Then explain why my AMD x2 4200+ (and im not the only one) has no problems at all.

The problems appears to be totally random, which isnt really logical for PCs.. confused_o.gif

I hear ya, brother!

AMD 64 X2 5000+

3G RAM

Radeon 1900XT

I will say that is seems that more AMD users experience more problems than others.

I have this problem on my PC where everything runs just fine, in forests even, but when I enter cities the texture loading seems to get screwed up. My HD is at those moments loading all the time, when I look to one side, look away, then look back again the textures are gone and need to be loaded in again. Very annoying since it makes it practically unplayable.

Using the -maxmem=1024 command I got rid of this to some extend, there's still some loading going on in these instances however it's definately not as bad as without the maxmem command, and it's actually quite playable again. However the downside is that the game starts to CTD a lot, in multiplayer as well as in singleplayer which is not happening without the maxmem command.

It's like my PC is defragging or scanning for virusses in the background or something, which is definately not happening. I find it weird that textures of for example nearby walls are being reloaded when I look away for only a second or so. Now I don't know much about all the technical details however this seems quite inefficient to me...

Specs are AMD 64 4000+, 2GB RAM, A8N SLI premium mobo, Raptor 10.000 rpm HD and Ati X1950XTX video card, using 6.12 drivers. Also, PC has been formatted a day ago and the HD defragged. Playing the German download version, 1.02, no extra addons or language patches installed.

Well the maxme=1024 is known to cause CTD's wink_o.gif

Try using 768 instead and see what happens then.

~S~ CD

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums but not to pc gaming. I have a 3 year old alienware pc atm and I cannot afford to buy another rig atm. I just purchased a home and I'm strapped. Here are my specs on my old pc.

3ghz ht intel

2gigs of ram

6800gt 256mg.

I would like to atleast upgrade my card, but my mobo only handles x4/x8 cards. This is the only I could find that will work with my mobo.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814161069

x1950pro 512mb

Is it worth spending $300? Will I get a noticeable performance?

Thanks,

Soulfly.

Well the maxme=1024 is known to cause CTD's wink_o.gif

Try using 768 instead and see what happens then.

~S~ CD

With maxmem=786 you just need a bit longer, but I was able to reproduce the same problems as with maxmem=1024. After that I decided to stop using this parameter.