Sign in to follow this  
blix2006

Demo Troubleshooting thread.

A required security module cannot be activated.

This program cannot be executed (5016).

That's one of securom's fantastic features, if you happen to run filemon you need to reboot to get any securom game working again banghead.gif

I thought it might be that but its a but crap that you have to reboot, sure the fact that it isnt running should be enough for it.

This is the kind of crap that drives people to cracked versions.

Everytime I download the demo and try to extract the files I get this error:

" ! C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\ArmADemo103FINAL.zip: CRC failed in ArmADemo103\ArmaDemo103Setup.exe. The file is corrupt "

I have tried downloading from multiple mirrors and websites and get this error ever time. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

About the connection issues with servers etc...

Please double/tripple check you aint running multiple firewalls...

In many antivirus suites, security suites (doh), and other related tools are many times firewalls built in, so make sure non of those are enabled or at least not blocking the arma process... as this has lead to lock ups or unable to connect situations for many.

Even nvidia chipsets have built in firewall (not sure if it's hardware or software) but it activates when you install the chipset drivers and don't say "no" to the network security manager installation. This firewall has been known, at least in the early days, for many many problems even when disabling or "opening it up" completely.

Goodluck!

It's not any of that. I opened all my routers and I have no firewall on. The only protection system I have is AVG and I turend it off and no joy.

Well, Im done trying. Ive attempted nearly everything suggested to improve perfomance a bit with this game and so far nothing has moved the FPS more than 1-2 in either direction. There is something seriously wrong when extreme setting changes have little impact on perfomance. After reading many posts in this forum and others, no patterns are showing on how to make adjustements. It seems every setup has its own solutions or tweaks that works best. For example: I get crappy fps but when I go into woods it doesnt get any worse for me, yet others say woods and grass kills there FPS. Another guy who i play with has the same vid card, equal processor and same memory, yet he gets about 5 frames more than i do at higher settings??? Yet every other game we play I usually do better than he does in perfomance.

Im ready to give up but hope someone can figure out this before I do. goodnight.gif

system specs

P4 2.8 (OC) 3.1

2 gigs pc3200 mem

X800XT 256mg AGP

Make it look like this:

shaders @ Normal or High

shadows @ OFF

objects @ Low

terrain @ Low

textures @ Normal or High

blood @ Low

anisothropic @ OFF

postproc @ Low

it will be the best balance of looks and gameplay. shadows will rape your computer no matter what kind of setup you have...trust me

thanks for your replies guys, I'll try that settings

Is just that with the shadows teh game looks awesome!

Make it look like this:

shaders @ Normal or High

shadows @ OFF

objects @ Low

terrain @ Low

textures @ Normal or High

blood @ Low

anisothropic @ OFF

postproc @ Low

it will be the best balance of looks and gameplay. shadows will rape your computer no matter what kind of setup you have...trust me

thanks for your replies guys, I'll try that settings

Is just that with the shadows teh game looks awesome!

It does add a lot to the game with shadows on, but it's just the fact that it ridiculously eats away at FPS. It's just not worth it if you're looking for balance.

" ! C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\ArmADemo103FINAL.zip: CRC failed in ArmADemo103\ArmaDemo103Setup.exe. The file is corrupt "

I have tried downloading from multiple mirrors and websites and get this error ever time. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

So no one is familiar with this issue?

" !   C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\ArmADemo103FINAL.zip: CRC failed in ArmADemo103\ArmaDemo103Setup.exe. The file is corrupt "

I have tried downloading from multiple mirrors and websites and get this error ever time.  Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

So no one is familiar with this issue?

How big is your setup file?

@shadows: Yeah they looks great, even on low. I put a 'max shadows=X', or a 'shadow radius=X meters' option on the wishlist, i hope it gets implanted. Because even 5 shadows is better then what we have now, i have to turn them off even though i could run the game smooth with a few shadows turned on. confused_o.gif

Remeber this remark from Marek Spanek:

Please note that if by any chance you download a demo build 5108 it's not the final version which is supposed to be 5109.

I took this from the Expected Release Dates thread...

I think i have build 5108 as it appears on the main menu at the bottom. Version 1.03 5108... Is this an issue? Whats the difference between build 5108 and 5109? Im playing multiplayer fine (admittedly with a low FPS..)

Anyone know anything about this?

Here are my stats:

Asus P4P 800 Deluxe

2.8c GHZ (Intel)

Saphire X1650 Pro (AGP)

PC3200 2 X 512mb

Audigy 2zs

I can host a game fine, but when I try to join a game it acts really weird. I have to hit OKAY to see everyone on the server, then I have to be dragged into a slot. When the host hits continue I get stuck on the recieving mission file screen. But I can host fine...

huh.gif Any help huh.gif

It's funny how things change. First i hated the ArmA demo for being so unstable (crashed with bluescreen + reboot within 10 minutes EVERY time), now that I've gotten it more stable, i love it smile_o.gif

Things I did to get it stable that you can try out for yourselves:

1. Install the latest DirectX9 december update (link found earlier in this thread)

2. Uninstall OpenAL and install the latest OpenAL drivers (link also in this thread)

3. Running the game on only one processor if you have a dual-core

I'm not sure about point 3, but last time I tried it, the game crashed to desktop instead of giving me a bluescreen. Will try to verify if that's the case.

Don't use download mangers to download it.

try downloading it from here: GamingSA.com

Darn sad_o.gif

xfx 8800 GTS

Athlon64 3800+X2

2 gig crucial RAM

raptor hd 200 gb

a shiny mouse

And the game runs like crap, even on low settings. Is it just the demo or is the full game even worse? Guess my years of waiting have been for nothing. At least im lucky the game isn't out yet here in Europe as now i could try out the demo first.

In a tactical shooter you need good performance because shooting running people is already harder then in a arcade-game like BF2. And with low performance it's like shooting ducks when your drunk.

Edit: Ok, i turned off the shadows and the game runs fine now.

What i miss however is like in OFP where you could look

around inside a tank when in commander mode or when in gunner mode in the tank. Now it's more like (dare i say it) yes, it's more like BF this way. Also i don't like the green icons appearing when standing near a vehcile.

But i think i will forget about these when i enjoy multiplayer

When i try to join a server it loads for a little bit then it says Receiving.... then it locks up.

An when i try to create a server it says Sending data.... then it locks up.

Anyone else get this?? banghead.gif

You will. smile_o.gif

You will.  smile_o.gif

maybe some day i will too huh.gif

I have two PCs here.

The first is an AMD3500/2gigRAM/GForce7900GS-256mb running Windows XP64bit. This runs the Demo no probs.

Then I copied the Demo setup file to my other pc : AMDAthlon2400/512MB/GForce6800LE-128mb running Windows XP32bit.

On this machine (as with some other people here) the demo installs but refuses to launch. It shows the panel with tickbox's then gives a windows error, which I have Included below. I have updated my GFX drivers to latest. I have Installed the August 2006 DX update, and then the December 2006 update. I have also tried putting the DX9 dll in the ArmAdemo folder, but nothing works. just keeps on giving me this error. I am at my wits end. I understand this is a bad time to be trying to get some help for the demo from the BI guys. When ever you official guys can shed some light on this it will be much appreciated wink_o.gif

Well happy Christmas guys, have a good one.

Cheers

Sean

Contents of ArmADemo.RPT :

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Games\ArmADemo\ArmADemo.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Sat Dec 23 18:38:37 2006

Cannot register unknown string STR_MSG_RESTART_NEEDED

=======================================================

Date: 12/23/06 Time: 19:08:14

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 004DE230

Version 1.03.5109

Fault address: 004DE230 01:000DD230 C:\Program Files\Games\ArmADemo\ArmADemo.exe

file:

world: SaraLite

Prev. code bytes: 8D 44 01 01 89 85 14 FF FF FF 8B 85 14 FF FF FF

Fault code bytes: 0F BE 00 85 C0 0F 84 05 04 00 00 FF B5 14 FF FF

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:00000000

ECX:01ECDAD4 EDX:00000000

ESI:00BEB215 EDI:01ECDD64

CS:EIP:001B:004DE230

SS:ESP:0023:01ECD88C EBP:01ECDB48

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00010246

=======================================================

Ok, apart from having some of the problems other members of this board have experienced, I happened upon a rather interesting bug.

While playing on a server the soldier I played all of a sudden started running around by himself. I couldn't run, but I still could shoot and reload. But the player was acting logically, not just running like a plucked hen as can be the result of extreme lag.

After a while we figured out that another player was playing the running part, and I played the shooting part of the soldier!

And it seemed like we weren't the only 2 that had that bizarre problem on that server.

As for 2 suggestions to improve the multiplay part of the game, first I'd like you guys to replace the 1-3 boxes under "Ping" with real numbers.

Second, a option for server hosts to limit people with high ping to not be able to join the server.

As it was now I couldn't find a server with only low ping players gaming. Even if we were 4 with low ping, there could be a 5th player with 460 in ping. Wich, needless to say, ruins for the rest.

Merry christmas.

Edit: Typo.

The new demo doesn't work for me. Specs:

AMD XP Athlon 3200+

ATI Radeon x1600, Catalyst 6.12, 512mb

Realtek onboard AC97 soundcard, driver ver 5.1

1.5gb ram

DX 9.0c, dec redist

Demo installs fine, but when I try to run it, it pops up a loading thing with a bunch of checkboxes. When it gets to the second last one, it closes and aborts loading the game. No error message. Just closes it.

So nobody has any ideas? Does anyone know what the second last check box is even doing?

This problem doesn't make sense to me, and it seems easily fixable if I could just find out what the second last check box is loading.

Do any of the devs even read this thread?

I have that same problem and nothing help i think buy or no full version.

I just tested the demo on my laptop, runs fine with no problems. This means that my demo build that I downloaded is fine.

I'm thinking its just incompatable with my hardware setup, or one of my drivers. I really wish it'd give an error when it crashes.

I have also tried two different video drivers on it, an old build of omega driver, and the latest Catalyst. Neither worked.

So nobody has any ideas? Does anyone know what the second last check box is even doing?

This problem doesn't make sense to me, and it seems easily fixable if I could just find out what the second last check box is loading.

I don't think this is of any significance as on the my other PC, which runs the demo fine, the last two check boxes don't get ticked either.

I have read on another forum about some-one who was having this problem and they fixed it with a reformat. I am totally against doing this, least of all because its a pain in the butt, mostly because it must be fixable, its just not easy to pin down. huh.gif

I have read on another forum about some-one who was having this problem and they fixed it with a reformat.

Yeah, formatting to be able to play a demo isn't very practical.

I guess there has to be something that is conflicting with the game, and I guess it has to be something other than drivers/direct x/open AL. What else could be the game even be relying on to run?