Sign in to follow this  
blix2006

Demo Troubleshooting thread.

Im not sure what version of AC97 i have.. unless ur talking about driver version..

my driver version is 5.10.. and i only updated that just before i downloaded ArmA (couple of months ago i guess...)

I'll see if i can find a later one... if not then im stumped...

EDIT: looks like a new driver was released on 12/01/07 downloading now, i'll give it a try and report back... cheers

EDIT 2: Installed, no luck :\ still no grenade explosion sound/rocket explosion sound/vehicle explode sound sad_o.gif Any ideas anyone?

By "7.1" I meant it's the 7.1 speaker version, you know, there's the 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1.

Perhaps mine is a different model than yours

I've got ArmA running pretty well on my system

Pentium4 3.4ghz

1gb ram

Ati x300

I've got everything set low enough that I can still play with full graphics (normal maps, real shadows, clear textures) but the locked viewdistance thing is killing my performance. According to the de-pboed introanimsdemo.pbo file, the intro is set @ 1920 using setviewdistance! Considering the difference between the ofp terrain grid and ArmA's terrain grid, isn't ArmA's 1920m geometrically simular to seeing the whole ofp island? It would be easy for BIS to change this in their next demo patch, all they would have to do is remove the setviewdistance line from the initintro.sqs. It would be nice if I could see what it looks like at a playable view distance without low fps. Thanks in advance to BIS luvya

inlove.gif

Interesting, I didn't know they locked the view distance wow_o.gif

The question is, Doushite.

I've never heard a BRDM explode, they just "visually" explode. I hear gren explosions and rockets launching.

P4 3Ghz P4P800SE mobo

2GB ram

Audigy 2 (Set to 5.1)

Gf 6800 Ultra

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that there aren't any explosion sounds in there.. only grenades.

Well i have no grenade explosions either...

Though i did get an early build off of Fileplanet which was supposedlythe wrong build... but i updated the build to 5116.. so :S

I hear the rocket launch sounds and the flames and stuff, no explosions tho :\

Well i have no grenade explosions either...

Though i did get an early build off of Fileplanet which was supposedlythe wrong build... but i updated the build to 5116.. so :S

I hear the rocket launch sounds and the flames and stuff, no explosions tho :\

Re-download it completely, the 5116 patch isn't meant to be used on the 5108 build. It's meant to update the 5109 (or later) build. Sound effect files might be missing.

Well thats probably the issue... i'll redownload it when i can be bothered wink_o.gif

Cheers for the feedback thumbs-up.gif

Hi, sry for immense delay, i posted on P 23 about a crashing error, some1 asked for the code things, so this is what i got.

AppName: armademo.exe AppVer: 1.3.0.5116 ModName: kernel32.dll

ModVer: 5.1.2600.1869 Offset: 0001aafc

mean anything 2 any1?

I had originally bought the game, it played fine, I could play it on normal/low settings. I would get the sprocket problem where my game would CTD, so I would just install the demo and play that [Which played fine]

I had recently formated my computer. I figure why waste an install my sprocket, i'll just wait till I get my new CPU in month or 2. So i download the demo and install, open it, and every single time, my computer will just shut-down and reboot. I don't understand why its doing this now when I could play fine before? I can play other games still like BF2 and stuff but not ArmA, Any idea???

P4 3.0

Geforce 6800 Ultra

2 gig ram

Someone told me it might be driver problems, any ideas?

I have the demo 1.03 build 5116 and the readme reads:

"5115 - New: Terrain Detail now controls grass detail as well (can be used to turn off the grass if you set terrain detail on very low)"

But changing the Terrain Detail-setting does nothing at all, it looks exaktly the same on Very low as it does on Very high, even tough I am running my own server.

I have an Ati Radeon x600, could this have something to do with it?

I would much like to try the game with grass off befor buying the full game...

Hope someone can help smile_o.gif

Hello, I got te demo today and as I tryed it install it an error message came up, "ArmADemoUS.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

Whats the problem?

Quote[/b] ]Hello, I got te demo today and as I tryed it install it an error message came up, "ArmADemoUS.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

Whats the problem?

Sounds like a corrupted download try to download it again.

My only problem with the new U.S. demo, is that when I try to pick up the Soldiers in the Heli mission, only 2 get into the heli when I land. 3 other dudes just stand there and do not get in. Am I missing something?