Sign in to follow this  
blix2006

Demo Troubleshooting thread.

If you have Vista and the 8800 cards (which I know dont work for Vista yet sad_o.gif ) well, they just released a beta driver for it. Note* For experienced users only* use at your own risk.

New Vista 8800 Drivers 100.30

Are some Devs ever going to drop a line? We'd like some hope that our problems are being fixed.

Are some Devs ever going to drop a line? We'd like some hope that our problems are being fixed.

They might be busy colecting info and working on the patches to drop by and give personal atention everytime someone asks for it...

Updated my demo files, server list looks fine now and the game feels more stable.

[*] Less bad lod switching.

[*] Can now shoot bursts while walking.

[*] Explosion sounds are now present.

[*] The CTI map is performing better.

They are on it, lets try to be a little more patient thumbs-up.gif .

Strafe when sprinting allows you to sprint indefinitely. Has this issue been reported? Is this issue in full game?

When you sprint straight and you start breathing heavily you slow down to jog speed, but when you apply strafing you can sprint as long as you like and you definately move faster.

I didn't see a thread about this issue yet and I've yet to fix it fully so here goes.

Ok, so the demo runs great for me as far as performance goes, minus a little quick slowdown while flying due to huge cities, but after awhile the textures get all screwy as shown here...

texture fuck

The update 5116 actually seemed to help this problem but it in reality only slowed how fast it happens.

I've seen some videos where people's textures loaded in slow but mine never seem to come back unless I restart the game completely.

Is this still a problem with the full version bc I've already ordered it from germany and I'm not sure if they take returns.

BTW I loved OFP and love the demo specially since were running our own server.

specs:

pent D 3.2 dual core

1 gig ddr2 kingston ram

bfg 7800gs

250gig sata hdd

and heres a pic thats sexy when they're fine

sexeah

Links are broken for me... Can anyone confirm? :S

I cant tell much without seeing the screens but it maybe a HDR problem or maybe the VRAM is filling up or something like that... :S Shouldn't have any issues with your hardware though... Maybe HDR problem but fix the links mate wink_o.gif

Hi, i am posting on behalf of a mate. Basically, whenever he loads up armed assault, it crashes, leaving this error

He can get as far as beginning to load a game before it crashes, sometimes its before he can even access the server browser. Does anyone know why this happened and how to fix it?yup7ta.jpg

sorry they redirected my links smile_o.gif

To the guy above me, show the click here window with the error code and if you want go ahead and google it and mabey theres a little more info there.

texturefuck.jpg

45345.jpg

too bad you cant see them in their 1360x768 glory

Need some help guys wink_o.gif

Spec is in my sig.

Added my new GFX card yesterday... im running on max settings except for post process...

After playing on large maps (CTI/CTF) on demo the computer will restart and i get a blue screen error message saying something about an error in the "PAGE_FILE" and i didnt have these problems before installing the new card.

Any ideas? Page file is managed by Windows atm.. should i try increasing it? Or what are your suggestions? Is the cause the high settings do you think?

Any ideas would be great,

Cheers!

Start screen - ok

Choosing Multiplayer - ok

Choosing Mission - ok

Loading screen mission - ok

After loading screen - CTD

x2 4200

7900 GTX

2048 MB RAM

DFI Motherboard

Newest drivers installed as well as DirectX. Disabling a kernel didnt change that either.

x2 4200

7900 GTX

2024 MB RAM

DFI Motherboard

If your computer truly says it's got 2024 MB of RAM, you'd better replace your memory banks. It should be either 1024 or 2048, not 2024.

Spec is in my sig.

Added my new GFX card yesterday... im running on max settings except for post process...

After playing on large maps (CTI/CTF) on demo the computer will restart and i get a blue screen error message saying something about an error in the "PAGE_FILE" and i didnt have these problems before installing the new card.

Any ideas? Page file is managed by Windows atm.. should i try increasing it? Or what are your suggestions? Is the cause the high settings do you think?

Cheers!

Since it only happens with your new card, the page file might not be the real problem. Try setting it to 4Gigs (4096MB).

If that doesn't help, try different versions of your graphics card drivers, make sure motherboard and sound drivers are up to date.

Make sure you are not using the "-maxmen" parameter.

Last of all, uninstall, then re-install the game.

Only things I can think of.

Also, with your card turning postprocessing to high wont really affect your performance - so turn it up.

And next on your upgrade list should be a nice sound card like an X-Fi wink_o.gif . With quality speakers/headphones to go with it of course.

x2 4200

7900 GTX

2024 MB RAM

DFI Motherboard

If your computer truly says it's got 2024 MB of RAM, you'd better replace your memory banks. It should be either 1024 or 2048, not 2024.

no, I was trying multiskilling (posting while working) and I failed and did a mistake, so what?!  biggrin_o.gif

The question I am asking myself is, could I play the game in single player untill an appropriate patch is being published. After all I can see a "mission" in the background running during the start-options screen. So the engine seems to run, the problem rather has to do with multiplayer I guess.

Spec is in my sig.

Cheers!

Since it only happens with your new card, the page file might not be the real problem. Try setting it to 4Gigs (4096MB).

If that doesn't help, try different versions of your graphics card drivers, make sure motherboard and sound drivers are up to date.

Make sure you are not using the "-maxmen" parameter.

Last of all, uninstall, then re-install the game.

Only things I can think of.

Also, with your card turning postprocessing to high wont really affect your performance - so turn it up.

And next on your upgrade list should be a nice sound card like an X-Fi  wink_o.gif . With quality speakers/headphones to go with it of course.

Thanks for your reply mate, im gonna try it at 4 Gigs page file.. i'll see if that works. I'll edit this with a response when i see if it fails or not.

If not i'll try rolling back my driver from 7.1 -> a previous ATI Driver, some people claim to have issues with 7.1...

Thanks again

EDIT: I increased the page file to 4 GB and it ran for a LOT longer... but it crashed again eventually =( I clicked the "send error report" after i got the "your system has recovered from a serious error" on restart and it said something about a device driver failing or something... so hopefully if i roll back the driver it should work better biggrin_o.gif

Cheers

EDIT2: Rolled back driver to one that came with the Card.. no luck sad_o.gif still crashed sad_o.gif mobo and sound up to date... ive reinstalled and no luck :\ all other games run fine (BF2, FEAR, Americas Army, PKR) i think its something to do with the page file... as when i increased it it lasted much longer. Also while i play ingame sometimes my Via RAID tool pops up telling me there is "insufficient resources to execute" some command... :S strange... Any other ideas guys?

Cheers

I think i got it sorted...

I had to turn down the GFX settings... but still... i'd like to know what the issue actually is... maybe its bad handling of ArmA memory (as per the issue raised in another thread) or something like that...

I hope BIS are aware of the memory problems if that is the case ! wink_o.gif

Fingers crossed for 505?

might sound crazy but a buddy and I have the same web cam and it turned out both our blue screen issues were due to the sound driver it uses.

quickcam fusion drivers... theres a fix on their site if you got it.

How many versions of the demo is there? I read on other forums that everyone needs to download the new version to help fix glitches, however, the only extra download I know of that has anything to do with the demo is the Dedicated Server. Am I missing something, or are they just making a mistake?

How many versions of the demo is there? I read on other forums that everyone needs to download the new version to help fix glitches, however, the only extra download I know of that has anything to do with the demo is the Dedicated Server. Am I missing something, or are they just making a mistake?

ArmA Demo Update - build 5116 is available

5116 Update - Scroll to the bottom

Didn't quite know where to put this as its clearly not hardware related (though we have noticed the huge FPS drop with MP CTI after a bit, nuff said)

Gameplay issues that I noticed with the Demo though don't know if they exist with the full version.

GULAN- If you step onto the roof of the building after climbing the scafold you are dragged to the other side and dumped onto the far balcony. The balcony then acts as a prison as there is no way down. VERY FRUSTRATING!

SWIMMING- fine,.... untill you realise that your weapons are removed after what seems a little more than 60seconds in the water (I know they'll feel like dead wheight guys, but this is just silly). Also the way you instantly leap to your feet in ankle deep water appears very strange.

I'd suggest that leaving the water be more interactive, i.e players can press stand/crouch/prone/ when in a suitable depth of water.

I think i raised this issue before but i still cant hear ANY explosion sounds (from grenades and rockets/vehicles)

I can hear the rocket fire from the launcher.. i can hear the flames from a vehicle.. but theres no explosion sound...

Spec in my sig...

Anyone else got this problem? and/or found a fix?

Hi, recently back from a 2 month absence and recently upgraded my system to

AMD 64 3800+

1gig DDR

Gainward BLISS 7800GT 512mb

Realtek AC97 onboard 7.1 sound

In the main menu, my fps averages about 35, but once I launch a mission I can expect an fps average of about 20, settings mostly on normal and resolution of 1024*860. What's that all about?  huh.gif

EDIT:

After following the tips n tricks thread, I've managed to put all settings on high (except post process[low], shadows[low] and blood[disabled]), run at 1280*1024 and have an average FPS of 30 smile_o.gif

Very satisfied customer smile_o.gif

Cheers for the initiative Jack-UK, pints are on me in the mess whenever we next see eachother there tounge2.gif

No probs mate wink_o.gif

Do you get the issue with no grenade/rocket/vehicle explosions too? Seeing as we have the same onboard sound (i think)

Nope, all sounds work fine for me. Sounds like an odd bug huh.gif

I have the 7.1 AC'97

Woooo I'm running ArmA @ 1280*1024 with all settings maxed (except post processing which I have on low and shading which I have on normal) and view distance at 2500 and my average FPS is about 27, which is perfectly acceptable for me, it never drops below 15 and peaks at about 50.

It's weird cos all I did since last night's disappointment (I was averaging about 14FPS running at 800*600) was disable most things in nvidia control panel and set AA and AF to app. controlled, and now I'm running everything at maximum huh.gifbiggrin_o.gif