Sign in to follow this  
blix2006

Demo Troubleshooting thread.

im tired of it i get it in half the servers i try to jion in the german version and the us demo

anytime i try to jion a cti game i get connection failed everytime

Errr.........Installed, started up, working fine, played with settings, still working fine (at title screen), went to edit my user profile, clicked profile pressed load, and bam.....out to desktop. Restarted, immediately it gets to the menu screen, bam, out to desktop. Tried several times. Completely uninstalled, reinstalled, same problem.... confused_o.gif

I'm guessing its some kind of stored setting given that i've seen the game work on my PC, but since i got that CTD its stopped working.

AMD XP 2800+ 1.5ghz RAM, 7600gt GFX card, SBlive SFX card, win XP, DX9c.

Edit: Never mind. Found the user profile and deleted it, it now works. Question: What is the sense in storing it in my documents/arma demo? Put it in the bloody ArmA root for F's sake!

3.0 intel 1 gig of ram 6800gs 256 card windows xp sp2 and my firewalla is downa nd the demo is on the exception list...and just found out its not just team games its 90% of the servers...is there a chance they are playing a different version some how???

FPS below 20 with everything set to very low / disabled @ 800x600 resolution on this system:

ATi Radeon X800XT PE 256MB

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @ 2.4GHz

2048MB DDR RAM PC3200

Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 250GB SATA

MSI K8N Neo2 motherboard

I have checked for spyware, viruses or anything like that and found nothing, and my HDD is defragged. Got 123GB's of free space as well.

This system should at least be fast enough with everything on low, shouldn't it? confused_o.gif

Edit: All drivers are also up to date.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+

GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB

Mushkin 2GB XP4000

DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT (Socket 939)

Game wont even load sad_o.gif

Edit: fixed had to set it to only use 1 core.

I keep on getting connection failed messages. Most of the time whenever I first try to load the server, but if I got past that, then it'd freeze after I selected my character. I managed to join a server once though.

Is the demo just unstable?

AMD 64 3000+

1 gig

6600GT Video Card (PCI-E)

Windows xp

FIXED: I just need to make sure I'm joning a US server, and not a German one, I think.

I keep on getting connection failed messages. Most of the time whenever I first try to load the server, but if I got past that, then it'd freeze after I selected my character. I managed to join a server once though.

AMD 64 3000+

1 gig

Windows xp

Its probly as unstable as the full version is. banghead.gif

Here are my stats:

Asus P4P 800 Deluxe

2.8c GHZ (Intel)

Saphire X1650 Pro (AGP)

PC3200 2 X 512mb

Audigy 2zs

I can host a game fine, but when I try to join a game it acts really weird. I have to hit OKAY to see everyone on the server, then I have to be dragged into a slot. When the host hits continue I get stuck on the recieving mission file screen. But I can host fine...

FPS isn't too bad once you go around and tweak it a bit but IF you even dare to aim at a tree/shrubs and think bad thoughts about it, the games fps will pretty much hit the single digits. crazy_o.gif

AMD 3700+ "San Diego"

ATi Radion x850xt (Driver v06.5)

SB Audigy 2 ZS

1gb PC3200 ddr

most settings are on "normal"

Ran the demo as a server (-server switch), set the verifySignatures=1 in the server config, connected to the server with the demo and got booted with message <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Files "dta\bin.pbo", "dta\core.pbo", "addons\air.pbo", "addons\animals.pbo", "addons\anims.pbo", "addons\buildings.pbo", ... are not signed by a key accepted by this server, To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys."

They have stated its not designed to be used as a dedi server.

AMD 64 3000+

1 gig

Windows xp

Its probly as unstable as the full version is. banghead.gif

have you really expected that demo will be better then the retail version?! rofl.gif

Retail version runs like crap and I paid for it man(I am really stupid), I hope they will fix it in a Year or so. banghead.gif

They have stated its not designed to be used as a dedi server.

Actually they've stated that

Quote[/b] ]it's currently not possible to play using it nor using the -server commandline argument (and readme is incorrect in this part for the 1.03 demo exe).

We're going to adress this soon (by releasing a new exe needed for that), hopefully tomorow.

in this thread.

So it is designed to be used as a dedi server, it's just slightly flawed (you can't select a map on a dedicated demo server currently).

So what part of

Quote[/b] ]it's currently not possible to play using it nor using the -server commandline argument
did you not understand?

Here are my stats:

Asus P4P 800 Deluxe

2.8c GHZ (Intel)

Saphire X1650 Pro (AGP)

PC3200 2 X 512mb

Audigy 2zs

I can host a game fine, but when I try to join a game it acts really weird. I have to hit OKAY to see everyone on the server, then I have to be dragged into a slot. When the host hits continue I get stuck on the recieving mission file screen. But I can host fine...

I love you... lol I have the real game buy on Metaboli! Since the begin, I'm the one with this problem! Now we are 2!

Placebo help.....

Quote[/b] ]Cannot create 3d device

Adapter 0 (SAPPHIRE RADEON 9200 ATLANTIS) Fullscreen

Resolution 800x600, format X8R8G8B8/A8R8G8B8/D24S8, refresh 75 Hz

Error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

I'm a complete noob in computer matters, but this are my specs from what i gather:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz

1,00 GB of RAM

ATI Radeon 9200 ATLANTIS (256 MB)

If it helps, my current screen resolution is 1280x1024 pixels.

Fritz @ Dec. 21 2006,12:39)]

Error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

I'm a complete noob in computer matters, but this are my specs from what i gather:

1,00 GB of RAM

Im not to sure your videocard is capable of running Armed Assault. From the AMD website it appears your card does not support DirectX 9. But again im not 100% sure of that. One thing you should check is, if you have the latest DirectX version installed. If you are not sure i would recommend downloading just incase. You can download it Here

Fritz @ Dec. 21 2006,12:39)]

Error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

1,00 GB of RAM

Im not to sure your videocard is capable of running Armed Assault. From the AMD website it appears your card does not support DirectX 9. But again im not 100% sure of that. One thing you should check is, if you have the latest DirectX version installed. If you are not sure i would recommend downloading just incase. You can download it Here

Thanks for the help. I have now version 9.c of DirectX installed. Unfortunately I have the same error... banghead.gif

Thanks again

AMD Athlon XP 2600+

1GB RAM

Club3D Radeon 9550 @ 6.10 Drivers

Running on WinXP Home Edition

when I try to start the demo it says DXT1...DXT5 support missing. I googled it and a got a lead towards OpenGL things. is this a software issue or do I have to go to the "Graphic Card Shop" 'cos I got like no idea of these DXT thingies.

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ @ 2.4ghz

1 GIG RAM

ATI Radeon 9550 AGP 256mb

Win XP

I get a max of 15 FPS, which is insane as i can run Americas Army on Full GFX at 60-70 FPS and games like FEAR at around 30-50...