Sign in to follow this  
blix2006

Demo Troubleshooting thread.

banghead.gif

I downloaded and installed the demo 3 times, and it don't start.

The guys from BIS are hoping that all the hardcore OPF players will buy ArmA and make in their Mods a good game of this .... . So they can just relax and sell the game. I don’t think so.

At least some Russian addonmakers have no longer interest to support that game. (flashpoint.ru) goodnight.gif And I can fully understand them. The bots, the game options, formations, almost everything is the same, from OPF.

How you want to fascinate people with this?

And no – there will be no help – the support people are to busy banning someone right now.

nener.gifnener.gifnener.gif

alpha125rbf, it might help if you posted your system specs and exactly what goes wrong rather than ranting.

People are here to help.

I've tried to play about 40 times.

25 times I spawn as a seagull

3 CTDs.

1 time I could shoot but someone else was running for me.

kicked immediately about 6 times.

5 times it got stuck on receiving.

This is the buggiest piece of crap I've ever used. It makes EA games look playable. Demos are supposed to showcase the game. I'm glad I tried it because BI just saved me money for shelling out for this horrible game. My hope were so high after enjoying OFP so much.

25 times I spawn as a seagull

That is because you were picking a spot where the AI had already died. This is the host's fault, not yours. Hosts need to not enable AI unless they really need them....

Quote[/b] ]kicked immediately about 6 times.

That is because the server was locked.

- dRB

ok I see moderator interest this thred. My problem i download demo instal and i see only in windows checkbox then nothing change only arma demo.exe in proces. I download all drivers on this forum read it install dx and gfx ioa all and nothing

Athlon 3200+

Kingston 1GB Ram

2x GeForce 6600GT SLI

ASUS mainboard

I read this thred on start and i see nothing help on my problem. PLZ answer me what i do wrong i wana see this demo i not to buy full game when that same problems are

That is because you were picking a spot where the AI had already died. This is the host's fault, not yours. Hosts need to not enable AI unless they really need them....

- dRB

So why not have messages come up with whats going on and why does it list locked servers as available?

Its insane that you have to join dozens of games in the hope of finding one that actually going.

I had a look at the crash logs and it was to do with the latest ATI drivers although the card works with everything else.

- dRB

So why not have messages come up with whats going on and why does it list locked servers as available?

Its insane that you have to join dozens of games in the hope of finding one that actually going.

Now that's a good question! tounge2.gif

- dRb

@ManieX

Tried reinstalling the demo or redownloading it?

@Steve L

You can filter out locked and passworded servers.

Tried downloading from from both gameshell and fileplanet and getting same error on both.

Here is what it says when I try to install the demo

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/silverguy82/AADemo.jpg

it shows this error and then stops installing

I had this same error and I didn't see any responses. I solved this problem by using WinRar to unzip the download. The WinXP unzip program would hang up - but seem to work after ending the program. But it seems to only partially unzip the DL file, giving the error you show.

So: try an add on program such as: WinRar (worked for me), WinAce, or good old WinZip.

After that, I had to update my DirectX and the demo is running well so far.

My specs:

Celeron 3.2 Ghz

512 MB ram

Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT.

M too i got the same thing. I got a windows whit some checkbox and when i got 8 on 10 box checked I got a windows error message every time but me i got the full game that i paid and download. I try to reinstal the game a lot of time andI got all driver to date and i past 10 hours trying to find something that work but nothing sad_o.gif Can someone help me?

My Spec:

AMD 2800+

1536 MB Ram

Ati Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb

@bob819

What does the error say? Are you running the latest version of DirectX?

I can't get the mic to work. I've tried everything from rekeying the mic key to messing with the Audio options.

@Franze

Yes i got the last of the direct x version (the one from december) ANd the error message just say that Arma have got a probleme and have to quit. Every time. And sorry for my english wink_o.gif

I get a 'memory could not be written' error... I can only see it for a split second tho.. the computer hangs on arma startup, then I see a black screen in ArmA's default res. The first few times I had to hold down the off button on the comp to power it down to get out. I tried closing as many programs as I could and I got farther into the startup sequence but eventually the same problem comes up again.. I see a few splash screens, then poof. I have been able to press esc to get back to the desktop a couple of times.

ASUS A8RMVP

2.0 gb DDR ram

amd 64 x2 4400+

Two ATI X850s in crossfire

Windows xp pro sp 2

running it off of drive d:\ which is a 232 gb RAID 0 array

bob819 & plantiff1, you should try checking your ArmA RPT file (in C:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA). Don't post it here - it's likely too big. This file can be opened with notepad and might give you some pointers as to the problem. This is only if you've exausted all other methods (updated drivers, most recent version of DirectX, the usual).

If you can't make any sense of it, PM your RPTs to me and I'll try and help.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Franze. Merry Christmas!

I installed the thing on my other computer first, and it ran fine, then I xfered it over my LAN to this one. Instead of worrying about file corruption and stuff, I'm redownloading the thing and reinstalling it. I've updated my gcard drivers and dx. I've recently had a firmware upgrade for the mobo, but there doesn't look like there's any driver upgrades that would be relevent (LAN, onboard sound, RAID drivers only). Hopefully the new demo download will be sufficient, but I doubt it. I'll take a look at that file once the download in through. I may take you up on your generous offer to go through it with me, depending on the complexity.

Thanks again.

edit: yeah, same thing as Bob's. Last two boxes remain unchecked.

Franze, I'm having trouble locating that file. I've search all of the application data folders in the documents and settings folder. For my user account and for all users, there is no directory named ArmA or anything BIS related in the applications data folders.

edit: I've located that file. For others searching for it, try

C:\Documents and Settings\$$useraccount$$\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA Demo

where $$useraccount$$ is your windows profile name.

@ManieX

Tried reinstalling the demo or redownloading it?

@Steve L

You can filter out locked and passworded servers.

I download 3 times from other source and instal more times and that same problem all the time.

In RPT file i have this

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA Demo\ArmADemo.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Sun Dec 24 14:04:48 2006

Cannot register unknown string STR_MSG_RESTART_NEEDED

Is there anyone else that have broken visibility setting in the demo???

I have tried to find some info about it, but found NOTHING.

Arma is running horribly on my X2 3800+/X1800XT, average 20 fps at all normal settings (postproc low, AF disabled, AA low) and 10x7 resolution. Dropping it to very low you say? A gain of 6 or maybe 7 fps at 800x600 (yay). Setting it to very high? An ASTOUNDING drop of 2 fps.

I have done every tweak in the book, changed variables (including manually lowered objects well below very low, lol... But that STILL doesnt produce many extra frames), added that maxmem setting in the shortcut, updated display, sound and CPU drivers, tweak everything I can imagine in the Catalyst Control Center for more speed... Nothing has changed.

The only thing I cannot change, which should bring me the extra 5-10 fps average I need for at least playable performance, is visibility, cause it wont work. I've tried manually changing it, no effect. 500m or 10Km, it look the same and it got the same performance.

I got a brand spanking new pc (So brand spanking new my butt is still sore from all the spanking...) and installed the ArmA demo...

I'm a noob with PC's but a few people say it should run ArmA on lowest settings smoothly...

But when i run the demo i get an error saying I'm missing D3DX9_30.dll

Does this mean I don't have DirectX 9.0? How do I find out then fix it?

Can someone help me? Because i buy the full game yesterday and that not work and i trully want to play and its not funny to buy a game that you cant play ! See at the top of the other page for the problem. Thanks for Franze who try to help me wink_o.gif

@ Blazin

You simply need to download the latest version of direct x from the microsoft website.

@ Bob

I assume your windows account name is not bob, but double click on my computer, then open c:\ drive. From there, locate the documents and settings folder. In that folder, you should see the some folders including on that is the name of the windows account you are using. Let's call it Bob for now.

C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\

You should be able to find this no problem. Look in that folder, and see if you can find a folder called Local Settings. If you can't you'll need to change your explorer settings to allow you to see hidden folders. Open up explorer (windows explorer not internet explorer). You can do this by right clicking on any folder and choosing the option explore. At the top, choose tools and then folder options. This will open a new dialogue with tabs at the top. Click on the view tab and locate Hidden Files and Folders group. Choose the Show Hidden Files and Folders radio button. Apply to all folders at the top. Hit OK. You should now be able to see Local Settings, and from there, you should be able to navigate to the path:

C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA Demo

Guys,

I'll try and get to you later tonight with some suggestions. It's still xmas day here and I'll be busy for a while longer. Don't give up, there's always a fix. smile_o.gif

Ok thanks smile_o.gif I found it and i send it to you franze and i found that in every part :ACCESS_VIOLATION hehe not a good sign lol

Any news on the Dedicated server for the Demo.

I have about 150 people wanting to move over to Armed assault if it works out ok. Desperate for a Dedi server sad_o.gif