Sign in to follow this  
blix2006

Demo Troubleshooting thread.

I am often getting the game sticking on the "receiving data" message after I've chosen my role...its really odd.

It works 40% of the time and I really enjoy the gameplay, but I am unsure about buying the full version if its going to be this problematic to get a game going.

no do not base this demo on the actual game ...the german version runs 100 times better then this pile of garbage..its a bad build guys and the fact people are trying to run the game on there cable isnt helping much either wait for fixes/dedicated servers right now its unplayable

Ah, no more ArmA. Downloaded 3 times, demo doesn`t work, everyone say`s it`s crap. crazy_o.gif

BTW. Thanks guys that none didn`t put the ArmaDemo.exe on rapidshare.de mad_o.gif

Are we going to keep posting our stats and never get an answer? It's been 4 pages confused_o.gif

hello

Having trouble playing the demo.  Install ok, play's the first time you use the demo. then stop working.  

Pulled this error from the RTP file.  Dose this mean anything to anyone? and is it fixable?

Quote[/b] ] error: Minidump is unavailable. Cannot generate minidump into the file C:\Documents and Settings\{emfolde\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA Demo\ArmADemo.mdmp. MiniDumpWriteDump failed.

Penfold

Protector[L] @ Dec. 22 2006,21:14)]Ah, no more ArmA. Downloaded 3 times, demo doesn`t work, everyone say`s it`s crap. crazy_o.gif

BTW. Thanks guys that none didn`t put the ArmaDemo.exe on rapidshare.de mad_o.gif

no one will help us banghead.gif

AMD 64 3700+ @2.4Ghz

1GB RAM

ATI 9550 256mb

Realtek AC97 Soundcard

No sound in the demo on granades and on explosions. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

make sure you have hardware acceleration turned off in sound settings.

how do you display what FPS your getting?

it isn't that bad with "normal" setting for me:

AMD 64 X2 4200+

nVidia 7600GS

1 Gig RAM

I have spent the last 5 hrs trying to come up with anything that will improve performance on my puter, so far none, nada, nothing has worked.

Change of drivers, cleaning, stopping services, defrag and the works.

I in the game get an average of 15-20 fps with settings on low and no aa or af with a screen res of 1280x1024x32.

I dont even dare to think what they would be if i joined a large nr of players on a server with vehicles, smoke, explosions and loads of other things going on.

With my specs:

DFI RDX200 CF-DR

AMD 64 4000+

OCZ gold 2GB pc 3200

Radeon X1900 XTX X-fire Master 512MB

I was actually expecting a rather good performance rather then at best of times, A slide show.

This game i had great hopes for to be a worthy successor to BF2 that my clan has been playing since launch but i cant see it being a huge hit with this poor performance.

I do hope that someone comes up with whats wrong or a patch.

The game has got huge potential and a great concept to be a brilliant game.

"Keeping fingers crossed"

Topic I posted in just got locked, although, ironically, many of the posts, including mine were not in regards to the Demo, but general gameplay fps - so, none the less, I have been told to please post in the correct forum topic - so, here it is again:

Im with u guys. Last year I bought my new system, paid pretty penny for it, and although I *could* spend big bucks to update my card, which is currently geoforce 6800 256 mb, sounds like it may not make much difference. Imho, whats the point here, a massive island, with a game that is *designed* to utilize medium to large scale battles, with potentialy alot going on in various areas, and with a relatively 'modern' computer I cant get good fps from just one isolated platoon vs platoon battle. Im thinkin heck with it, I get kick ass fps with ofp while running ffur and bergohffs vegatation at high quality settings, and I get years of nice addons to select from made by users, only bad thing, Im working on a large scale mission that will land finished on a game 'replaced' by Arma, which *was* going to be converted to Arma, but im starting to think it may not be after all...

And, honestly, I am feeling frustrated. The project both myself and CSL have worked alot at already in preperation for conversion is looking questionable, as concern towards any 'considerable' battle working without major lag on most computers in Arma is becoming an issue, aside from any added lag due to scripts running in background, triggers, etc.

As a similair example, if CTI ever gets fully ported over from Ofp, no wonder to me that it wont run in Arma due to massive lag...(unless were all content with 12 - 25 fps, if were lucky on a large scale mission)

Are we going to keep posting our stats and never get an answer? It's been 4 pages confused_o.gif

Don't be silly  nener.gif

BIS are doing the "head in the sand trick" if they ignore posts then things can't be as bad as they seem now can they  whistle.gif

You may get answers like "now come on its the week-end or its the Christmas period so they wont be able to help you" which brings into question what frikkin muppet thought it would be a good idea to release a demo knowing that they would not be able to address any issues until much later  icon_rolleyes.gif

So maybe a couple of thousand people download the demo and to be fair lets say 40% of them have problems which they find there is no support for, what type of publicity is that generating for ArmA....talk about shooting yourself in the foot  xmas_o.gif Old Maruk & Suma must be on crutches by now  rofl.gif

Just be glad you dont have the retail version because the only support your likely to get is from the other ArmA community notworthy.gif

maybe UbISoft and EA have secretly purchased BIS because thats they way they offer support for their fuck-ups too  wow_o.gif

anyway, i think this demo SUCKS... cmq, never heard about a demo with som many problems.

C'MON !!!! help.gifhelp.gif

make sure you have hardware acceleration turned off in sound settings.

how do you display what FPS your getting?

it isn't that bad with "normal" setting for me:

AMD 64 X2 4200+

nVidia 7600GS

1 Gig RAM

i use FRAPS (a 3rd party program) which uses an FPS overlay to show your FPS. You can also record your gameplay =)

I managed to increase my FPS through Overclocking my GPU, tomorrow i will try and overclock my CPU.. but i dunno whether i'll recieve any boost in performance from that?

But i need a new GFX card anyway, mine sucks...

You could check here for some help: http://www.6thsense.eu/faq.php?faq=arma Especially the General Performance and Crashes trouble shooting faq.

But please do not sign up on the forums for the creation of troubleshooting threads, as they belong to the BIS forums smile_o.gif

In General, it is known to be best to first uninstall current drivers completely before installing newer drivers.

I am sure BIS will either release patches for the demo, but for sure continue patching the full game. The state of a demo doesn't nececairly present the performance of the real game, altough indeed many have performance trouble, but also many have solved that by cleaning, updating, optimizing and tweaking a little here and there and of coarse the released patches took their parts smile_o.gif.

BIS Already solved quite some bugs, and taking a look at the past years, they probably will as long as nececairy...

My experience with ArmA, on our servers, with in total I guess about 30-50 different players, it's running quite smooth, had already great 1-2 hour coop missions and even longer, great tension, gameplay, teamwork and a lot of fun smile_o.gif

Goodluck with optimizing, but give BIS a little slack as they've been quite busy the past few weeks with the releases and all smile_o.gif

OK, I'll put it in here. smile_o.gif

I've installed the demo version but whenever I try to run it a Windows error appears. The error does not contain any kind of information about the cause.

My PC was only rebuilt a few weeks ago so it definitely has all the latest drivers.

I've tried updating the OpenAL but the problem still remains.

I'd really like to buy this game when it's released in the UK but clearly I'm not going to if even the demo won't run.

AMD A64 3000+

Nvidia 7600GT

1Gb PC3200 RAM

Creative xFi sound card.

Same problem as Enigma and FGhouse. When I try to join a multiplayer game, I get this.

That's if the game is in progress. If I hit "OK", it locks me in a black screen with "Receiving Mission". I can see everybody elses chat, but nobody can seem to see mine.

Hosting has no issues. I'm running the ArmA demo found on FileFront. Only install parameter not used was "install for all users" and a custom install directory.

Specs:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+

Nvidia 6800XT w/ 128 VRAM

2GB RAM

135GB HDD space remaining

Goodluck with optimizing, but give BIS a little slack as they've been quite busy the past few weeks with the releases and all smile_o.gif

Perhaps they should have held off releasing the demo until they'd tested it a little more.

Even EA manage to make their demos work. They just screw their games up with subsequent patches.

TBH I don't feel inclined to give them much slack. They release a demo which doesn't work and then in 5 pages of people reporting problems I'm yet to see an official response.

Shame. It looked like a good game but I'm certainly not going to spend money on it. If they can't even respond to their own troubleshooting thread in their own forums what help is there likely to be when the game is actually released?

Protector[L] @ Dec. 23 2006,00:57)]TJ_Rider i`ll format my hdd tomorrow.

If it`s not gonna help, i`ll be very, very mad -> mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

hey

my friend gave me the ArmaDemo.exe but, same problem...

soon i'll format my pc too (i made it 2 times every year). and, if it continue crash, after that, well... never going to buy this game.

Perhaps they should have held off releasing the demo until they'd tested it a little more.

Even EA manage to make their demos work. They just screw their games up with subsequent patches.

TBH I don't feel inclined to give them much slack. They release a demo which doesn't work and then in 5 pages of people reporting problems I'm yet to see an official response.

Shame. It looked like a good game but I'm certainly not going to spend money on it. If they can't even respond to their own troubleshooting thread in their own forums what help is there likely to be when the game is actually released?

And considering the AA team is made up of significantly a much much smaller number of staff then EA has,it is understandable.

But if that is your choice then thats your choice.

About the connection issues with servers etc...

Please double/tripple check you aint running multiple firewalls...

In many antivirus suites, security suites (doh), and other related tools are many times firewalls built in, so make sure non of those are enabled or at least not blocking the arma process... as this has lead to lock ups or unable to connect situations for many.

Even nvidia chipsets have built in firewall (not sure if it's hardware or software) but it activates when you install the chipset drivers and don't say "no" to the network security manager installation. This firewall has been known, at least in the early days, for many many problems even when disabling or "opening it up" completely.

Goodluck!

And considering the AA team is made up of significantly a much much smaller number of staff then EA has,it is understandable.

But if that is your choice then thats your choice.

So is SIgames and they constantly reply to problems, they even sent me an updated patch exe with an older copy protection because the updated safedisc exe wouldn't work for me.

EAs support in unforgivable though, Id never buy a game off them especially and problems are often left in the games for several years without being fixed.

About the connection issues with servers etc...

Please double/tripple check you aint running multiple firewalls...

In many antivirus suites, security suites (doh), and other related tools are many times firewalls built in, so make sure non of those are enabled or at least not blocking the arma process... as this has lead to lock ups or unable to connect situations for many.

I run peer guardian to block government and military ips and it blocked gamespy so that's why it wouldn't connect for me.

Others could check to see if its happening to them too.