Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA photography - Questions&Comments

Quote[/b] ] then have everythings else except shadows and textures on low. Shadows and textures for me are on normal.

You should try the opposite man : shadows on lowest setting and the rest on normal except AA and AF disabled. You should experience a nice FPS boost (at least I do).

Shadows are a big FPS eater for me, the rest... no so much

Cheers for the comments guys smile_o.gif

@Matt, I was wondering how to get an image like that with that volcano, never thought to do it like that though! Nice shot biggrin_o.gif

Parvus, wich setting do you use ingame regarding brightness and gamma? What kind of touch did you usually make to the shots in photoshop? You work is suberb and everybody wants to know :P

nothing special - while trying - SetAcctime 0.01 brightness is changing a little bit ingame, so i still have to wait to get such lightning ...

maybe the ArmA.cfg shows you something:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=7389.000000;

Resolution_W=1600;

Resolution_H=1200;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

refresh=75;

FSAA=2;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="4098,29259,185733122";

localVRAM=268435456;

nonlocalVRAM=256851904;

P.S. thanks M.E. smile_o.gif nice pics all ...

Arrg!!!

Deano!!!! stop the teasing!!!!!!

i asked u bout a lynks'!!!!!!! whistle.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

deano... just a heads up mate but i think you oughta, if you havnt already, ask permission to be playing around with other people's stuff - I know klinkers holds copyrights on his work through his company and he can get a bit angry if people go modifying his stuff without asking - Granted its a personal port, but you can never really tell how people will react etc

just trying to save your skin.

of course, I don't doubt that for a second, but I know people can get touchy with their stuff - rather a friendly chat than an all out brawl on the forums I guess biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Nice pics Parvus smile_o.gif What's with the unreleased stuff? It looks great wow_o.gif

Nice pics Parvus

I dunno if he is allowed to tell what exact addons those are, but I guess the author will announce that soon enough.

Edit: lol didn't actually check the pic names.

Edit2: Looking good Ev.

lol...

considering he's named the pictures Ebud_urban etc etc, it doesnt take a genius to work it out.

plus that texture work rung a visual bell with ebud - Good to see you back and in action fella, really nice bit of work (assuming you're reading this)

Haha, yeah I'm around smile_o.gif

They were all set to be released a couple weeks ago, then I decided to make demo missions for all the different units, now I started editing the normal maps... you know how it goes. Hehe. I can't just stop and be done with them.

I won't take too much more time with them. There are woodland, urban, cqb and civi type units, all with 3 mission for each type. Defend, assualt and sniper missions.

zahn.gif yeah we have to take planB for our *strictly confidential* intention Ebud (sry for that)

... but there are a lot of cracks here or? And of course there are some other intersting Addons/screens (Peanut, Wilco etc.)

P.S. also lovely: *machinegunnner in the forest da_rat

Brilliant Pics Aimpoint crystal clear, any chance have you got them in a higher res? cheers smile_o.gif

I really like Marcus-Ergalla's second screenshot. Unfortunately a small part of the killed man is clipping through the world but the picture is great. smile_o.gif

Thanks Joe..check your PM.

Edit: nice one Parvus!

Ebud really cool work you made! thumbs-up.gif

I really like Marcus-Ergalla's second screenshot. Unfortunately a small part of the killed man is clipping through the world but the picture is great. smile_o.gif

Thank ya' smile_o.gif

Well about the clipping, may be he is almost dead for one or two days and a desert storm puted some sand on him...

Hm okay, it's just a stupid clipping bug tounge2.gif

man, the MP5's look so small...

guess that havent fixed the scale on it yet, what a shame.

i miss the old OFP MP5's, they were nicely done.

Hey Albert, in that "Ugly Joe" pic, am I wrong or did you put a custom face on that unit? There face seems to be of a lighter color than the rest of the tan... Due to gas mask use, perhaps?