Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA photography - Questions&Comments

Haha, the Hind in this pic reminds me of something out of Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo-Tooie tounge2.gif

Amen - I reckon I'd be too busy laughing to run away. tounge2.gif

Parvus, arent those (based on?) official pics? Im sure ive seen those guys aiming up in the air and the 'stryker in forest with explosion' shot before. smile_o.gif

Well judging from the fact that those pics also include what look very much like earlier builds of ArmA, I'd say BIS asked Parvus to make some screen shots for them. And that was a good call from BIS if they did. smile_o.gif

thank you guyz  smile_o.gif - and yes indeed last pics are older ones ...

P.S. nice pics all

Any way to remove chat text / crosshair when taking screenshots in multiplayer?

Any way to remove chat text / crosshair when taking screenshots in multiplayer?

Crop the photos for the ammo count. For Crosshair photoshop it, or turn it off in the difficulty settings or use the camera.sqs init smile_o.gif

its a bit hard to use camera.sqs in multiplayer though wink_o.gif

thats the thing I miss the most from dxdll in ofp - being able to remove the UI and also having screenshots saved into a folder

Sniper Pic

A sniper team consisting of myself and another user position ourselves on a hill overlooking an enemy emplacement far away from the allied main force. Over 40 targets are engaged and eliminated before we are finally subdued by an overwhelming force.

Awesome screen! thumbs-up.gif

Is that actually ingame rain, or is it an effect added in Photoshop?

Cheers. smile_o.gif

thats the thing I miss the most from dxdll in ofp - being able to remove the UI and also having screenshots saved into a folder

How so, I find it quite easy and the results are worth the effort in setting it all up smile_o.gif

Sniper Pic

A sniper team consisting of myself and another user position ourselves on a hill overlooking an enemy emplacement far away from the allied main force. Over 40 targets are engaged and eliminated before we are finally subdued by an overwhelming force.

Awesome screen! thumbs-up.gif

Is that actually ingame rain, or is it an effect added in Photoshop?

Cheers. smile_o.gif

Thanks, it's Photoshop.

ey wazaaaa nice photo ! do those black chickens come with vanilla Arma , they are great ! wow_o.gif

How so, I find it quite easy and the results are worth the effort in setting it all up smile_o.gif

I find it detracts from the reason why I'm playing multiplayer - where as dxdll allowed me to quickly switch the UI on and off and get a more earthy and 'realistic' view of multiplayer, rather than the pretty pictures which really don't quite capture the essense of a dirty war experience.

Can someone post some more Screenshots of these Addons:

- McNolls's: Desert U.S & OPFOR Vechiles. "Latest Versions"

- Cameron's: 1st Infantry Division.

Please. confused_o.gif Parvus or Ingram? biggrin_o.gif You guys always post Screens with maxed out Graphics.

I find it detracts from the reason why I'm playing multiplayer - where as dxdll allowed me to quickly switch the UI on and off and get a more earthy and 'realistic' view of multiplayer, rather than the pretty pictures which really don't quite capture the essense of a dirty war experience.

I agree entirely, I would love to have a DXDLL mode for ArmA ... mainly because if I'm taking screenshots or a video let's say I can't actually play the game itself!

Of course pressing V only goes one way aswell so you can't go back ... I just hate having all the rubbish HUD on screen, think it spoils the screenshot tbh.

anyone tried just putting dxdll into the arma folder? Although I suspect thats just a little too simple - I just want the screenshot capturing facility and the UI/FPS stuff

anyone tried just putting dxdll into the arma folder? Although I suspect thats just a little too simple - I just want the screenshot capturing facility and the UI/FPS stuff

Wont work, d3d8.dll is a DirectX 8 file so ArmA wont touch it. Changing it's name to d3d9.dll wont work either, will probably cause a crash.

As long as you have the crosshair turned off, you can just photoshop out the HUD.

FRAPS is fine for getting the FPS.

Yeah Parvus, you've never posted ...

... i'll try smile_o.gif

yours pictures look all great

i love the A-10 pic

the carrier is a old OFP addon that i retexture again

I see only one version of the A10 in the pictures, are there also a GBU(Guided Bomb Unit) version of the hog?