Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA photography - Questions&Comments

Thank you B.D., Marcus and Ingram xmas_o.gif- unfortunally i'm offline till 28 dec.

P.S. do you know if it's necessary to be online for the installation of ArmA?

greetz

Thank you B.D., Marcus and Ingram xmas_o.gif- unfortunally i'm offline till 28 dec.

P.S. do you know if it's necessary to be online for the installation of ArmA?

greetz

Hehe, no it's not, just put in the dvd and then wait until the instalation is done xmas_o.gif

Can't wait to see your pictures!

@ Ebud

Those are looking great. Can't wait to get my filthy hands on them wink_o.gif

not sure if I'll release them.

Send them to BIS and let them release these in a patch, its that good/better, BIS wasnt really inspired when they came up with the SLA and resistance units. Yours actually fit the island and theme much better imo smile_o.gif .

Why would anyone wear desert choc chip in Sahrani? confused_o.gif .

low light: ditto!

I need to write 3 debriefings of 3 squadnights and browse through around 500 screenshots of online playing wink_o.gif hopefully I'll find some time now during the holidays to do that biggrin_o.gif

not sure if I'll release them.

you should wink_o.gif

Even if you don't, the pics actually inspired me to do some Opfor units. Not sure if they'll be "african" (easier and more likely since there a quite some faces ingame already) or "middle eastern" (harder, because I either have to convert existing faces and get permission for them or do my own middle eastern/arabic looking faces)

LOL BD, as in RL photos: You should get an award for the most subversive pics... rofl.gif

Seeing BD seems to be troubled by a lack of comments for his pictures, I provide the following for his latest picture;

Comment wink_o.gif

And to Pavus, Nice smile_o.gif

This game must be way better than whats being said in the other threads as there's not much being posted in the photography thread.

ontopic-

BD, what the hell kinda shots are those man.

Parvus, less candy more action.

Peanut, very nice looking units, just what is need instead of the now boring eastern type units.

-=UOE.Txalo=- By looking at your countries uniform it wont take much of a retexture as they look exactly like the south sahrani troops.

That being said it's a sad state of affairs when spanish, norwegion, danish, french and greek retextures are being seen before British. I only wish i was semi-good at retexturing as i would love to be the first to post Brit soldiers reskins on here.

Oh how could i forget, german units have been released already. Now every major nato country has been represented except the UK sad_o.gif . This happend in flashpoint aswell, is it going to continue with ArmA. (i know UKForces released there Dpm pack 1 but that was years after initial release)

That being said it's a sad state of affairs when spanish, norwegion, danish, french and greek retextures are being seen before British. I only wish i was semi-good at retexturing as i would love to be the first to post Brit soldiers reskins on here.

Oh how could i forget, german units have been released already. Now every major nato country has been represented except the UK sad_o.gif . This happend in flashpoint aswell, is it going to continue with ArmA. (i know UKForces released there Dpm pack 1 but that was years after initial release)

Quite hard to make really decent UK troops without modding tools.

The only thing that can be done right now is retexturing of existing ArmA troop models, which simply don't cut it as British forces: the helmets are wrong, the body armour's wrong and the load bearing kit is wrong. They'll just look like US troops in DPM (or at a push, Dutch).

All the reskins released so far at least have PASGT-style helmets in common for the countries they're representing so look reasonably accurate.

Nice screens btw fellas. Might do a few myself later.

All the reskins released so far at least have PASGT-style helmets in common for the countries they're representing so look reasonably accurate.

Do you know i completey forgot about that....It would be nice to see some DPM retexturing of a unifom though, just to see how good it will look, especially desert combats.

Hey guys how about some pictures of South Sahrani special forces or for thoses of us who are still to visit Sahrani, some cool locations. I'm counting on you guys to keep me happy until february.

Ingram Nice pics, shame about the resolution as i can't use them for my desktop as it blurs to much when i stretch it...

Lets see which of you guys have widescreens cause i'd love a few new wallpapapers...

Mr.Reality, we cant do anything more without modding tools :P wink_o.gif

Thank You [APS]Gnat, supershooter and Black Dragon;

my pleasure if you like it  smile_o.gif

nice screens da12thMonkey and deanosbeano thumbs-up.gif

very nice cinematic shoot deanosbeano and da12thMonkey whats your Pc specs?! those are some intensely beatiful settings and lightnings there. smile_o.gif

Is it possible to add players and servers to a buddy/favourites list? The enjoyment of the game is so much greater if you are on a server with people who want to work as a team that this feature would be very useful.

(Sorry if already mentioned or possible).

thank Everybody for all coment of my ScreenShots. today I will try make more better Ones.

<span style='color:#BCC9D8'>[subliminal] If you're interested in seeing some OFP screenshots and other stuff I made back when I cared more, check out this link. [/subliminal]</span>

(fixed link)

<span style='color:#BCC9D8'>[subliminal] If you're interested in seeing some OFP screenshots and other stuff I made back when I cared more, check out this link. [/subliminal]</span>

As if I wouldn't know that... tounge2.gif

Was thinking the same thing!

If Im not mistaken in Germany you get a copy of the picture sent home. Over here we only get the ticket... rofl.gif

You can request the picture be sent to you in the UK... given my recent 3 points, I may frame it tounge2.gif

Completely missed Mr Realitys post. I understand your frustration, and I've been sorely tempted to retexture stuff for the same reason you stated, just to see how it looks...

but i share the same opinion as da12thmonkey (handy given we're on the same team) that it simply wouldnt do it justice. I dont believe in retextures, and wont settle for it. What you must remember is that with OFP, the modding scene begun before the creation of UKF, and before the current team. This time round we've got a rolling start if you like, we have the experience, we have the team, just give us the tools smile_o.gif

If Im not mistaken in Germany you get a copy of the picture sent home. Over here we only get the ticket... rofl.gif

Afaik nowadays you only get your picture on request (in Germany). Not sure, though. Also that may differ between the single Bundesländer... crazy_o.gif