Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA photography - Questions&Comments

its simple really, the rope is actually a flag, so it doesn't need any script to work. It uses a script to attach it to a chopper, but if I was using an addon model I could attach it directly using a proxy. I call this 'project longshot' because it has quite a few obstacles to overcome. Sorry to say that I haven't started on the actual abiltity for a unit to use it, but I will get that working soon!

*edit ----> video, just a tech demonstration

http://s179.photobucket.com/albums....ch2.flv

2 ropes are better than 1 wink_o.gif

Thats verry smart biggrin_o.gif

But now you have another problem defining where the rope actually is wink_o.gif Or you could drop the soldiers when the chopp starts moving

Guest Ti0n3r

So CanadianTerror, is that some unreleased WIP or what? Looks great anyway smile_o.gif

@psycosmos: Photo

Nice screen, love the vegetation and the shadow. Reminds me slightly a bit of Crysis... biggrin_o.gif

I got a good idea for all you regular posters in the photo thread.

Put a message in your sigs or after the addons used part of your post that reminds new people that they shouldn't post in the photo thread without posting a picture.

Of course it's up to you but it would help in preventing people from getting warning points and the mods having to constantly reitterate the rules.

The police cars im working on...just making them a bit different.

The police themselves are by mailman but ive been redoing vests and changing textures here and there. He had some good ideas for a police force and I just wanted to improve it a bit.

I just cant leave things alone.  biggrin_o.gif

Anyways...anything I take a pic of is just WIP and may come out in the future if I dont think it's crap.

its simple really, the rope is actually a flag, so it doesn't need any script to work. It uses a script to attach it to a chopper, but if I was using an addon model I could attach it directly using a proxy. I call this 'project longshot' because it has quite a few obstacles to overcome. Sorry to say that I haven't started on the actual abiltity for a unit to use it, but I will get that working soon!

*edit ----> video, just a tech demonstration

http://s179.photobucket.com/albums....ch2.flv

2 ropes are better than 1 wink_o.gif

So it's a flag attached to the chopper with setflagowner? How did you define the extra-long, extra-skinny dimensions of the flags though?

@ Franze:

Looks great mate, I'm sure you know what needs to be done but I'll chuck it in anyway.

- Dirty + detail them textures!

@ Franze:

Looks great mate, I'm sure you know what needs to be done but I'll chuck it in anyway.

- Dirty + detail them textures!

The model seen here is our internal testing model, nearly the same from the OFP model as well as the textures.

While working on the newer model, Franze is being kind enough to test it and work out problems.

I'm quite eager to see what he dishes out.

Guest Ti0n3r
Very nice Parvus. That exactly how I feel about Sahrani smile_o.gif

OOWH HELL YEAH!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

The apache is much better then the original OFP Bis model... yay.gif

very cool news! thumbs-up.gif

Thank you Ti0n3r and Gnat smile_o.gif - some guyz said it should be a nice backround for a cigarette commercial...

Yep Parvus your photography is awesome~! I got backgrounds all over the place of yours smile_o.gif

It's cool, after you see a few from each person you start to be able to "tell" which screenshot is from whom. Yours are distinctive, like Burns and a couple others here.

Awesome stuff! pistols.gif

[DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy

i remember text from OFP mission, on trip to LeMoule ?

"where the hell did you learn to drive"

this 5t on pole is awsome biggrin_o.gif

Beautiful pics Parvus and Nightkiller... crazy_o.giftounge2.gif

Yep great screens all. smile_o.gif

Anyway a question...

How do you guys manage to follow Choppers and Planes in the air (While it moving fast)?

Please answer.

Hi Parvus long time no see, on your Wingman screenshot, is one of the wings glitching into the other harrier??

Hey Nightkiller, where can I get those buggies? wow_o.gif I miss them so much from OFP!!! They're perfect for ArmA!!! Do they have the Nitro script?

lol, had exactly the same idea ... just that you´re finished already while i only downloaded the buggys and rc explorer yet biggrin_o.gif

Can you give a short explanation how to convert the buggy?

Yep great screens all. smile_o.gif

Anyway a question...

How do you guys manage to follow Choppers and Planes in the air (While it moving fast)?

Please answer.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">setacctime .92

Remap your forward movement to a joystick, make the turbo button your trigger, remap the bulldozer "look" controls to you mouse.

Keep the turbo on and adjust with your joystick. Can't follow Harrier's unless you drop the setacctime lower to the 70's....

.92 time still gives the appearance the planes are moving fast while giving still maintaining the ability to follow to a certain degree. This is particularly good for the A-10 or choppers on level flight and not in a dive.

smile_o.gif