Sign in to follow this  
XJ220

Sprocket Troubleshooting thread.

My activation number is also not working anymore. Tried emailing softwrap and im getting this lovely message.

"Your message

Subject: "Armed Assault activation issues."

has been delayed for some or all of the intended recipients.

The recipients that were affected are:

support@softwrapsupport.helpserve.com

Your message was received 21:12:15 Tue, 03 April 2007.

The mail system will keep trying to deliver your message for another

55 hours 57 minutes."

Aint that lovely? :|

After installing the beta patch, I sent for new activation. But from previous experince with sprocket I chose to send the message to arma@idea-games.com

I received reply the next morning, saying I had 3 new activations. I'm liking sprocket more and more as time goes on.

After installing the beta patch, I sent for new activation. But from previous experince with sprocket I chose to send the message to arma@idea-games.com

I received reply the next morning, saying I had 3 new activations. I'm liking sprocket more and more as time goes on.

Thanks for that info mate, I've sent them an email hopefully they can help. I've given up trying to email softwrap, their customer service is quite the joke. The reply I got below wouldnt seem so bad if I hadnt emailed them my license holder name and purchase reference in the first place. Oh and I got the exact same reply twice to two different emails from 2 different people. Got to love outsourced and/or automated support.

Quote[/b] ]

Hi there,

Thank you for the email.

To re-activate your software, kindly open it once you have installed it and follow the steps below:

- You will need to be connected to the Internet

- Access the software

- Select "Re-installation of License" or "Activate License" from the screen that appears

- Enter your License Holder Name and Purchase Reference Number in the fields provided (if necessary click the tick box which says "Re-install Existing License")

- The software will automatically reinstall and be activated

You will be pleased to know that we have included your license holder details to proceed with the re-installation. Please copy and paste the details below:

License Holder Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Purchase Reference: X-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Should you require further assistance, feel free to contact Softwrap Support desk at support@softwrap.com

Kindest regards,

Softwrap Support.

Just so you know, its not outsourced support. It's no coinciedence that IDEA is also doing support for Sprocket. And that BIS was lending support for Sprocket when the 1.05 patch first came out and they were flooded with requests.

The reason. They are one in the same. I dunno, maybe they even share a desk.

Yes that is right they took my 45$ and ran off with it. I bought the game about a month ago from sprocket and I took me about 1 DAY to get the game to work. Then I got the game to work and I was very happy for about a month. Then I got some more money to build a new computer, and I was so happy to try it on my new pc and then I go to reactivate the game and boom, a message comes up and sais soemthing like you already activated the game once before and you cant do it again. I tryed to eamil them but no responce. So this is great I am out $45 for a game that can only be played once. Someone should really do something about this because it is suck BS.

You have 3 activations AFAIK, not just one.

Also in case you haven't noticed it, it's eastern (and a weekend) and generally people don't work on weekends and esp. at eastern.

I suggest you wait until the holidays are over and if you haven't received a mail then, write another friendly email asking for resetting your activation counter.

And for problems with Sprocket we have a sticky troubleshooting thread.

Something you should maybe bring up with the place you bought it from not with the people who made the game itself.

This is an issue with the publisher not BIS itself.

Send a polite email to there Customer Support, and I am sure they will be able to assist you further. smile_o.gif

_2Lt_Griff @ April 08 2007,00:21)]Something you should maybe bring up with the place you bought it from not with the people who made the game itself.

This is an issue with the publisher not BIS itself.

Send a polite email to there Customer Support, and I am sure they will be able to assist you further. smile_o.gif

Please read past posts before posting incorrect information.

In the case of Sprocket, there is no great divide between publisher and developer.

Yes that is right they took my 45$ and ran off with it. I bought the game about a month ago from sprocket and I took me about 1 DAY to get the game to work. Then I got the game to work and I was very happy for about a month. Then I got some more money to build a new computer, and I was so happy to try it on my new pc and then I go to reactivate the game and boom, a message comes up and sais soemthing like you already activated the game once before and you cant do it again. I tryed to eamil them but no responce. So this is great I am out $45 for a game that can only be played once. Someone should really do something about this because it is suck BS.

Personally, I've stopped using the Sprocket client altogether and im officially using a different version which requires no authentication I've gotten on bittorrent until they get their shit together. I paid for this game and I intend to play it, by whatever means necesary. They can sue me, but not until after I get a refund. nener.gif

Try their tech support and maybe you'll get the same copy/paste response I got. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thnx sprocket, send e-mail to u and got my 3 new activation couple hours later yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Purchased ArmA from sprocket, received e-mail detailing installation key, purchase ref. instantly. yay.gif Now downloading the game itself. yay.gifyay.gif

So, does Sprocket not do downloads on Sundays or something? Got my ArmA download up to 21% on it, now it just sits at "Connecting..." whenever I start it up.

I had heard that Sprocket/Softwrap was unreliable, and I think I'm experiencing a bit of that...

So, does Sprocket not do downloads on Sundays or something? Got my ArmA download up to 21% on it, now it just sits at "Connecting..." whenever I start it up.

I had heard that Sprocket/Softwrap was unreliable, and I think I'm experiencing a bit of that...

Use the second link on the page and download with DAP or any other download manager. yay.gif

The big "DOWNLOAD HERE" button for the direct download? Yeah, that doesn't work. I get a "UID is not authorized."

Are you telling me that the account registration, which I didn't even know I needed to do, since I didn't do that before I gave them all my information and started the download I can't restart it now? I just registered again but it's showing me as having only the option to buy ArmA. I've still got the original link in my e-mail to get to the download manager place where you download sprocket.exe and have the direct download link, but yeah...If you mean to tell me that I needed to sign up for that account and that I basically got jipped because I didn't even know I needed to do that...wtfm8?

The big "DOWNLOAD HERE" button for the direct download? Yeah, that doesn't work. I get a "UID is not authorized."

Are you telling me that the account registration, which I didn't even know I needed to do, since I didn't do that before I gave them all my information and started the download I can't restart it now? I just registered again but it's showing me as having only the option to buy ArmA. I've still got the original link in my e-mail to get to the download manager place where you download sprocket.exe and have the direct download link, but yeah...If you mean to tell me that I needed to sign up for that account and that I basically got jipped because I didn't even know I needed to do that...wtfm8?

You don't need to sign up for an account, I bought it w/out an account, received the email with all the info and download link, copy/pasted it to DAP and downloaded the game. (didn't bother through sprocket.exe). yay.gif

I've tried putting in all the links on the site and in the e-mail that I've gotten, and none of them are the game download.

This is slightly frustrating. I need to parallel finding out how to make it work with finding out how to get my money back.

Anyone? They never replied to my e-mail. Why did they go for such a crappy place to distribute the game online?

hello,

After successfully downloading and installing ARMA from sprocket I try to run the game and get the error message "softwrap error 3" "inconsistent files"...i've trolled every forum I could find and nothing matched this problem specifically. I've reinstalled, rebooted and i'm going to throw the computer out of the window.

Any help that anyone can provide will prevent me from committing suicide.

Thanks

hello,

After successfully downloading and installing ARMA from sprocket I try to run the game and get the error message "softwrap error 3"  "inconsistent files"...i've trolled every forum I could find and nothing matched this problem specifically.  I've reinstalled, rebooted and i'm going to throw the computer out of the window.

Any help that anyone can provide will prevent me from committing suicide.

Thanks

Re-download.

thanks for the response but i've redownloaded as well as use a friends download that works on his comp. I'm out of ideas. any new input would be awesome.

Thanks

Start the refund process. Sorry, but if you read the last 23 pages you will see I tried everything under the sun myself. The only thing that worked for me was a refund and a reservation on a boxed copy.

Sorry man.

Most of the answers to questions of this type have been addressed, if only we had all read this thead first eh?

try emailing to: arma@idea-games.com

the sprocket e-mail seems to be down or something.

got my activations thru this email within 2 hours.

I tired to install the game with vista and I got this error.

Quote[/b] ]unable to find setup01.bin.

please keep setup.exe and all *.bin files at the same directory

when i downloaded and purchased the game i only had a armaENG .exe file. I thought the couldnt find the bin file was some stupid vista error.

I contacted tech support they told me basically to suck it up and use XP. vista patch will be coming.

Ive done some searching around and i've seen peopel talking saying how when they downloaded they got 2 files exe and a bin?

Is this right, cuz I got no bin file? only thing on my desktop is armaENG

I never got any .bin file. The game should install just fine with the .exe

LIke ur E-mail say's DON't use Vista, use XP, maybe do a doulble boot system, with vista on another partition and xp on the other. huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif