Sign in to follow this  
XJ220

Sprocket Troubleshooting thread.

Hello

I too have been having many problems with the sprocket version.

From corrupted downloads, to fatal softwrap errors, delays in recieving cd keys, errors when patching, intermittent responces to support etc.

Giving up on my czech install, i decided to go for the 505 sproket install.

Again, the purchase of the software was incredibly easy.

But yet again problems.

2 copies, neither work.

To actually get any gameplay I had to resort to using my Legal key with another copy from a different (*cough*) source. But the 1.05 release has stopped that way of playing until sometime midweek.

I wont go into details yet, but have repeatedly emailed their support.

So hopefully posting here will give em a push.

Ill let you know how it goes.

rgds

LoK

Finally downloaded full ArmaENG.exe after many hours.

However the installation fails with this message:

"File copy error (CRC does not match) buildings.pbo"

Since of course sprocket will not let me re-download the file I'm stuck. Still waiting for support response.

------

Thermaltake Armor Jr. aluminum | OCZ GameXStream 600w | Asus A8R32-MVP | Crucial Ballistix 2 x 512 mb dual channel matched pair | X1800XT 512 mb | AMD 3500 venice core | SATA2 150 gb | Omega.net drivers | 3DMark2005 @ 9310

Recently reinstalled ArmA using a exe from a friend and using my authentication code.

Both the exe and my code are Czech by the way and I am still unable to activate the game. Emailed support and received my codes, copied and pasted these but still did not work.

Still getting "Activation Code not recognized. Please check that you have entered the details correctly." Any solutions to this problem?

Copy of email sent ...

"A brief explanation of the problem you are experiencing - Hello, I have recently reinstalled Armed Assault and have entered the ArmA serial number to successfully install the game. However when I go to activate the game I enter the code, copied and pasted from the one you emailed me with, then enter it and am notified that the code I have entered is wrong and that I can not activate the game. Yet how can this be when you have just sent me the details? I hope you fix this issue soon

Regards"

Oh and Tim Leary I had your problem, you need to find another ArmA exe, its a problem with the program itself sad_o.gif

Oh and Tim Leary I had your problem, you need to find another ArmA exe, its a problem with the program itself

Although Im having the same problem, I think your explanation must be inaccurate, seeing as others have downloaded and installed it.

Sprocket took so many hours to download perhaps it got corrupted that way, meaning 2.8 gb at like 20 kb/s instead of my rated download throughput which can handle 1,000 kb/s - it was going so slow maybe a few packets got "lost".

I know 2 people who successfully installed from sprocket downloads but they had excellent throughput as they fetched it soon as it came out. Me, my download was a trickle...

To summarize current status:

- sprocket server should be sending out registration email with CD key but for some reason around 10% of customers don't receive it (one theory is that the antispam on the customers end prevents the email from arriving) if it doesn't please contact support@idea-games.com. An additional mechanism for obtaining the serial number and registration information is being implemented by Softwrap/Sprocket and hopefully will be up soon.

- no activation should be used by the patch 1.05 anymore. Note that there are 3 activations allowed for every purchase by default. If you run out if it for any legitimate reason please contact support@idea-games.com.

Primary support contact for sprocket is support@idea-games.com. It's operating on working days Mon-Fri and the response time should be maximum 24 hours.

I don't believe it's the antispam that removes the sprocket mail, at least not on my system. My theory was that people who bought the game without using a sprocket account had the problem. 10 % sounds pretty big number actually.

My 1.05 is still demanding activation, so I'm not sure what you meant by it not using it... I sent support request to support@softwrap.com last saturday, but haven't received any replies yet. I now sent one to support@idea-games.com too. I hope they can resolve it. Have anyone ever gotten any replies from softwrap btw? My previous problem with no cd-key was finally solved by contacting idea-games too, nothing from softwrap...

Have anyone ever gotten any replies from softwrap btw? My previous problem with no cd-key was finally solved by contacting idea-games too, nothing from softwrap...

Nope, back in December I had the "no CD-key received" issue as well and never heard anything from Softwrap (sent them 2 e-mails??) but got responce from IDEA games and BIS and they sorted it.

/KC

hello

Well, a step in the right direction......

Ive mangaed to dload the full sproket version (i hope) by using my mac, which is on the network.

It has a slower dl speed, so took 6 hours rather than the 3 on me PC.

Burnt it to a DVD and am installing as I type.

Well, its installed, and after refusing to install a new licence (which it is) it finally accepted the reinstall licence.

Had a quick play, and apart from being a few fps slower seems ok.

So perhaps slowing ones dl speed helps?

Still have one copy not working though, but think i'll just leave it. Lets hope the softwrap fatal error doesnt pop up like it did on me czech version.

rgds

LoK

Edit :

I wonder if i can sell or give away my czech sprocket version? Anyone know?

Ok so after get a bad MD5 checksum it downloaded BUT WHERE THE FRICK IS MY FILE i didnt get a Bohemia File or no arma.exes or anything!?!?!?I looked in program files , in "run" absoutley nothing. This is like a friggin game show to get your game installed i have had so many problems just to install this friggin game. Now im getting that the ArmaENG.exe is not a win32 file........Me: pistols.gif ------------------ nener.gif Arma

Seriously guys i need some help banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Christ!

Got an email saying that my credit card didn´t work. Still money has been taken from my account twice (!wink_o.gif

Fingers crossed they reply to my email...

/Harry in Sweden

(why didn´t I buy this game from a store?)

Finally downloaded full ArmaENG.exe after many hours.

However the installation fails with this message:

"File copy error  (CRC does not match)  buildings.pbo"

Since of course sprocket will not let me re-download the file I'm stuck.  Still waiting for support response.

Got the same thing going only got a

File copy error  (CRC does not match) ca.pbo  crazy_o.gif

right now installing from a whistle.gif  version with my org key but then again got the same 1.05 version update problem mentioned a few topics back. Its been 3 days now banghead.gif not heard of sprocket  help.gif  yet.

They should rar them into more pieces

Pretty appaling service.

A US friend of mine is having the same problems. Received a reply with a new activation key (didn't work). They told him to re-DL after 3 hours the connection dropped. Multiple problems and customer service is non-existant.

Real waste of time so I suggested he request a credit and buy a hard-copy of the game.

I would suggest binning Sprocket and going elsewhere as it's doing no favours.

After all my whining in here its time to compliment the service. It seems (for my problem), I was sending emails to the wrong places goodnight.gif , like support@softwrap.com , support@bistudio.com and support@idea-games.com .

After days of waiting for the above, I got a reply with a direct download link from a very polite fellow at arma@idea-games.com in less than a day. So far the games running great on my mid-range system(AMD3200+, GF7800GSagp, 2 gigs ram).

After all my whining in here its time to compliment the service. It seems I was sending emails to wrong places goodnight.gif , like support@softwrap.com , support@bistudio.com and support@idea-games.com .

After days of waiting for the above, I got a reply with a direct download link from a very polite fellow at arma@idea-games.com in less than a day. So far the games running great on my mid-range system(AMD3200+, GF7800GSagp, 2 gigs ram).

That's good news to hear. I've emailed ALL those email addresses, including arma@idea-games.com, but none have replied since Sunday night however.

Here's the icing on the cake.  After applying the "Sprocket patch" when it came out 2 weeks ago I could not re-activate the game because it told me that it would not recognize my refernece #.

Well I got feed up and just reinstalled the game, and the problem remains.  Seeking help from BIS they told me the reference # I was using was wrong and that it was something different.

Now I have emailed them the confirmation email from Softwrap showing I have the correct one and they were incorrect and what do I get, ignored.

So now I have gone from a game that was unplayable in MP to a game that is completely unplayable at all.  

Unfortuneately I must now have to STRONGLY recomend against using Sprocket to get Armed Assault.

Well after four days and numerous emails I have received NO answer except auto replies. So, the CC payment was revoked after we called our bank to complain.

Tbh Imo Sprocket was unprepared for the amount of people wanting ArmA. I mean all credit due to them getting the game out for everyone before the UK release and whatnot. But seems many people are having problems.

I myself have had several problems and the support I get is to reinstall the game each time ... as if I'm that stupid ... no offence but I don't believe Sprocket where prepared for the Tech side of the game as well as they where prepared for the actual distribution of the game itself.

Like I said fair play to them, but now I'm buying a 505 copy because its stupid the amount of things that go wrong with this Sprocket download ...

The sad part is several months ago BIS flatly denied the possibility that there was anything wrong with the Sprocket version.  Then they come out with a patch "fix" for it.

Now I can't even re-register my game with the new patch because it says my ref# is not recognized.  BIS says my ref# is one number and Softwrap says its another.

So I'm stuck in limbo having wasted time and money with software thats totally unusable.

Sounds like they are swamped with support requests and just can't handle the situation, so i guess that explains why I haven't heard a word from them in some time.

That or all my whining has come back to bite me in the ass. tounge2.gif

Over the course of OFP I got 3 copies of OFP, the Red Hammer and Resistance expansion.  I'm sure not motivated to send any more money there way after all of this.

Sprocket is a 5 day old system, it's to be expected there will be a couple of teething issues but they will do all they can to resolve them as quickly as possible. Buying from Sprocket is tantamount to buying directly from the developers.

This was posted in December...guess the "teething" issues are still in the same stage.

One would think that buying directly from the developers would mean that there would be a priority in making sure issues are quickly resolved.

Still have a game that cannot even be used, still no responses. So much for a direct line to the developers.

Yes BIS I am more than a little peeved. I want so much to have nothing but positive things to say, yet so far I have experienced nothing positive to mention.

I gave up on my Sprocket version (waste of money) and ordered a hard copy instead.

Non existent replies to support queries about a non working download... that's the last time I order a game in that fashion.

"Caveat venditor".

Oh damn. Should have read here first.

Numerous check sum errors while D/ling. No email, or instructions on installing.

What do I do w/ the file after D/ling?

I'm assuming if I figure it out, no email thus no cd key?

Wow.

I tried to buy from Amazon... won't ship it to the US. Was there somewhere else? What did I miss?

I gave up on my Sprocket version (waste of money) and ordered a hard copy instead.

Non existent replies to support queries about a non working download...  that's the last time I order a game in that fashion.

"Caveat venditor".

Are you in the UK or US?

Amazon will not ship me Arma.

Do you know of another reputable online vendor that carries it?

I'm going to have my bank kill the charge as well.

Well after four days and numerous emails I have received NO answer except auto replies.  So, the CC payment was revoked after we called our bank to complain.

This is EXACTLY the tact I am taking - I've already called the bank and I'll be getting a refund as soon as the charge posts.

The has been an attrocious experience for me - no manner of calls or emails gets a response from neither softwrap or sprocket. This is the first time I've felt ripped off making a purchase online.

No cd-key email at all and total ignorance on the part of anyone I've called at softwrap. Despire promises of intercession during the weekend on the part of the developers, none of them have returned my emails as well.

I am keen on the game, but I'm waiting on my 505 Dvd from Go-Gamer.

Sprocket/softwrap?

NEVER AGAIN!