Sign in to follow this  
XJ220

Sprocket Troubleshooting thread.

With sprocket problems for now please contact also support@bistudio.com

We can help out with it.

We need you to provide us with your email address you used to register the software and the purchase reference.

From that we can handle a lot of things.

Normally, it should be softwrap support you use but in case they're slow for whatever reason this is an alternative solution.

Not sure if I'm going to have issues or not, but I'm getting a bunch of MD5sum errors in tha last 50 megs of the download.

It does continue after "restarting the download", so I'm hoping the downloader is doing it's job, but I'm scared that my exe is getting mangled.

(from my install log)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

230- www-data

230 OK. Current restricted directory is /

17:09:09.0140 - PASV

17:09:09.0453 - 227 Entering Passive Mode (81,0,213,49,138,55)

17:09:09.0453 - SIZE ArmaENG.exe

17:09:09.0734 - 213 2895603895

17:09:09.0734 - TYPE I

17:09:10.0015 - 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary

17:09:10.0015 - PORT 192,168,1,115,9,12

17:09:10.0296 - 200 PORT command successful

17:09:10.0296 - REST 2652898344

17:09:10.0578 - 350 Restarting at 2652898344

17:09:10.0578 - RETR ArmaENG.exe

17:09:11.0046 - 150-Connecting to port 5001

150 237017.1 kbytes to download

17:09:44.0140 - Bad MD5 checksum after -1603584 KB!

this has been happenening about every 3 megs or so from 70% complete.... ~shrug~

How long is the English version taking everyone? I live in the US and it's taking about 2 hours. Only 1:35 left to go...  crazy_o.gif

^^^ I'm getting the same problem. Right now it's at 76%.

I just downloaded the English version off of sprocket at around 5pm est. Its now 9pm est and they still have not sent me an email with the cd key code. I downloaded the game fully, but now I need the key code! I emailed all 4 companies asking for one, but no dice!! This is so aggrivating. If I do not get one, I want a full refund. ...... anyways to go about doing that from sprocket? Thanks

I just downloaded the English version off of sprocket at around 5pm est. Its now 9pm est and they still have not sent me an email with the cd key code. I downloaded the game fully, but now I need the key code! I emailed all 4 companies  asking for one, but no dice!! This is so aggrivating. If I do not get one, I want a full refund. ...... anyways to go about doing that from sprocket? Thanks

I've been downloading ArmA from sprocket nearly all day now and I have a reasonably fast connection. It seems the closer i get to being done, the longer it takes. This is frustrating! sad_o.gif I want my sweet sweet ArmA lovin! I'm at 98% so it can't take too much longer. I didn't receive a cd-key either, but I just emailed support at softwrap and they sent me a cd-key about an hour later.

I already emailed them a few times. its been about 4 hours, and nothing. Its really annoying me now

Are you getting the errors too? I think that's wasting a lot of time, considering I'm getting them about one every few minutes, and each takes about 60 seconds to get past.

Other than that, I think the timer is off. I documented that at 7:16 there was 1:24 left. Now it's 8:28 and there's a little bit less than half an hour left.

Oh yea, if anyone else got these errors and finished installing, are there any noticeable glitches that aren't "normal", escpecially the performance issue everyone is complaining about with the new patch.

I bought mine earlier today, got the e-mail and have been downloading.. then at about 76% i start getting..

THIS

error.JPG

it does this, reconnects.. downloads 20 or so MB more.. does it again.. the download is progressing.. its at 82% now..

but I wont be at all suprised if it is currupt / otherwise wont work.

Oh yea, if anyone else got these errors and finished installing, are there any noticeable glitches that aren't "normal"

D/l 3 times, got those errors all 3 times and the game failed to install due to crc mismatch all 3 times. It did download fairly quickly tho(477 kb/s).

I'm very glad to report that after finishing half the training missions I have noticed no major glitches. smile_o.gif So far I am happy with the game, but dissapointed with Sprocket. confused_o.gif

I also got the md5 problems when I dl last year wink_o.gif but All was ok when it was finally done.

A suggestion IDEA/Bohemia to easy the pain for yourself and all players: Make a system that automatically add one activation to all accounts whenever a patch or something else that affects many are released

If you don't do anything, you will have pissed of customers after every patch release :-/ My 1.05 install used up my last activation so whenever 1.06 or what it is, I will need another one :-/

ps. Sprocket is still better than Starforce but not by much as it works now  inlove.gif  banghead.gif

First of all it's great to see BIS providing an alternative contact if the Sprocket/Softwrap crew isn't up to the task giving proper e-mail support to their customers. Just show how much BIS cares for their products!

Make a system that automatically add one activation to all accounts whenever a patch or something else that affects many are released

100% agree! That would be the obvious way that I would designed such a license system and I'm a bit amazed that Sprocket/Softwrap have to do this "manually" for each and every patch.

So far I've been lucky but thats since I kept count on the activations and managed to stay one step ahead but I guess lots of other customers will just be p***** off noticing they can't even start ArmA after a long waited patch is installed.

/KC

I downloaded sprocket to my desktop, started the download of ArmaEng then left for work.....14hours later and i couldn't find were

ArmaEng was downloaded to....finally found it in program files/firefox folder .....it installed alright but there are no SP missions in the missions folder......do i just reinstall or will that use another activation.

I already emailed them a few times. its been about 4 hours, and nothing. Its really annoying me now

I'm just as annoyed as you are, but give them some extra time, it is the weekend after all...

Do you people every read the post before yours I must of posted and other people posted what dto you if you dont get your cd key you email support@softwrap.com and you just say "I bought a coppy of ArmA and I did not get my CD-KEY my order into is:

License holder: ******@***

Purchase Reference:#*******

You MUST give them these 2 bits of info in your email if you want help. I did this and told about 4 other people to do this and now there all playing ArmA. Also they are open on the weekdays to call for support, I called support and within 10 min I had my cd key. If you would like to try to call monday PM me for the phone number. GOODLUCK

Do you people every read the post before yours I must of posted and other people posted what dto you if you dont get your cd key you email support@softwrap.com and you just say "I bought a coppy of ArmA and I did not get my CD-KEY my order into is:

License holder: ******@***

Purchase Reference:#*******

You MUST give them these 2 bits of info in your email if you want help. I did this and told about 4 other people to do this and now there all playing ArmA. Also they are open on the weekdays to call for support, I called support and within 10 min I had my cd key. If you would like to try to call monday PM me for the phone number. GOODLUCK

You're assiming we even received that information. I've purchased ArmA twice incase the first didnt go through and never received this information for either purchase.

Edit: I received a response back from Marek with my key.

Well I downloaded the gmae on Firday and never received any confirmation emails and no cd key. I sent emails to support and have not received anything back. SO I went back to Sprockets website and tried to register on it and everytime I fill out the reg info including my country and it tells me over and over to enter my country....I am not happy. No matter where I buy from on line I always get a sales confirmation. So now I have no purchase number or License holder info...and I cannot talk to anyone at sprocket as there is no phone number for them...I tried the softwrap one and only get a message that they are open monday threw friday...This is not a promising start for BI or any of these companies. I am not happy about this.

Same here.

Purchased over 24hrs ago... no email...

Emailed Sprocket, Softwrap and BIS.

No response.

Im sure they are all home for the weekend too, on such an important weekend after a launch.

So we probly have to wait until Monday to even start the timer on our "screwed" clocks.

Finally got a response back from Bistudio support from a gentleman named Marek. He sent me the cd key code and the game works perfect now. Still upset about the longetivity of it, but at least they sent it today instead of Monday!

It would be great if I got an email like that....but still nothing.

My problem is a bit different.

I just bought the English version from Sprocket yesterday. Download finished overnight. I just installed the game with no problem (with CD-key and all)

Now I just need to unlock the game. I open the 'arma.exe' file, input my License Holder and Purchase Ref, but then get the message 'Your purchase session has been lost. Please close this window and restart the purchase process. We apologise for the inconvenience.' I've restarted the program numerous times, rebooted my computer, tried out the various options, but I keep getting the same message.

Is this a known issue? Is there a solution? I emailed Sprocket support, but since it's the weekend, I don't expect anything until Monday. I was hoping to play the game today.

Cheers.

EDIT: How incredibly silly of me. All I had to do was enable cookies for Internet Explorer (I usually use Firefox). Problem solved.

I also got the md5 problems when I dl last year wink_o.gif but All was ok when it was finally done.

Ditto... as worried as I was with all the md5sum errors, it finished, and my install went smooth as silk.

So far the only issues I've had is that my game froze a few times when flying a jet using the editor. The first couple times lasted about five minutes, but the last time I had to manually close the game. Then when I tried to open it up, my computer restarted. As far as I can tell it's still working fine now.