Sign in to follow this  
HePCaT

Marpat soldiers WIP

I haven't played the game either, but your assumptions about it being the Marines seem pretty accurate. The only real missing thing would seem to be the M-16A4. Every picture I see has them using M4's. Is the M-16A4 actually in the this game as well?

no, only the M16A2

Dunno if you guys noticed this, but the patrol cap worn by the officer is actually a U.S. marine patrol cap and not an army patrol cap.

Strange thing is that his signature only showed up in the second. I have an eight point cover in woodland camo somewhere in my room..rather akward to wear after wearing a "cap" for such a long time.

Should have the insignia like this http://members.tripod.com/qnnoa....eft.jpg only reversed,in black on the hat.

http://www.uscav.com/prodinfo/images/20298.jpg

http://www.s4military.com/338-hat.jpg

http://www.outinstyle.com/Merchan....DET.jpg

The west units ingame are... Armines crazy_o.gif .

There should be UH-1N and UH-1Y instead of blackhawks, LAV-25 instead of stryker, M40 instead of M24, M16A4's...

Or the other way around... A10 instead of AV8B, Apache instead of cobra's, etc.. BIS just came up with a generic west force wich is unfortunate.

This retexture looks great BTW, i hope someone will come up with proper east soldiers in the future too though smile_o.gif .

There should be UH-1N and UH-1Y instead of blackhawks, LAV-25 instead of stryker, M40 instead of M24, M16A4's...

Or the other way around... A10 instead of AV8B, Apache instead of cobra's, etc.. BIS just came up with a generic west force wich is unfortunate.

This retexture looks great BTW, i hope someone will come up with proper east soldiers in the future too though smile_o.gif .

Or the CH-53E Super Stallion, god I love that choper.

Figure since he is working on the Woodland I guess I'll work on the Desert wink_o.gif.

digitalui0.jpg

By the way, these are early shots, going to change the textures of the IBA and Equipment soon.

you have clearly not played the game yet.....

its USMC gear all over the place... only in the wrong camo (ACU)...

M1A1

AV8B

AH1Z

the personal gear

its all marines wink_o.gif

but they have written US Army on their choppers :/

As I said, I don't have the game yet so I can only guess, same as anyone else with or without the game unless you're an employee at BI. Only they know their intentions.

Either way, it does seem to be a half-assed melting pot of Army/Marines which is more than a little strange considering one of their major commercial clients is the USMC. Or maybe that is the reasoning ... maybe they didn't want their branch fully portrayed in the game. Weird any way you cut it.

me and a good friend of mine are working on that M40 part.

We created a addon for the OFP community, the USMC M40A3 sniper rifle pack (was released on http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?newlang=eng)

since then we have made some fixes to the pack (1 rifle's LOD was messed up and when you right mouse clicked you got spun around)

Our new pack has the M40A1 and M40A3 in it. We will be retexturing it for AA and hope to get it up soon.

Will look good with the USMC units, especially the one's with boonie hats, I dont have the game yet, but it doesn't look like there are any ghillie suited snipers (which is a little disppointing) so looks like boonie hat guy will have to do.

I was in charge of making sure the mil dot reticle was proper and actually worked (you can range estimate with it). Need to make sure it will do fine in AA. But I need the game first!  banghead.gif

The lighting today is pretty terrible, so these aren't the best shots, but they might be useful to you anyway.

I'll try to get better ones when the sun decides to show up, if it ever does.

http://dslyecxi.com/resources/marpat_woodland.rar

The only change to these is that I fixed the colors as best I could in Photoshop and also blurred out my nametape.

@ HePCaT

Will you be doing the desert version also or are you leaving that to Wilco.I ask because if your doing seperate colour schemes the vests and webbing will have differant textures. Maybe if you co-operate on this with Wilco we'll have one kick-ass addon sooner rather than later.

Oh and i prefer the medic colour. notworthy.gif

Vote goes to medic here,the AT soldiers just seems rather discolored as compared to the rest of the uniform whereas the medics blends better.

yeah, medic....

the AT dude looks as he has a reflex vest (like the bright yellow ones you put on the kids so they wont be run over by cars) wink_o.gif

OKi so lets do it with the medic "coyote" color.

@Mr Reality

Nope I'm not planning to make the desert version, for the question about colaborate why not; I prefer to work with people than alone. biggrin_o.gif