Sign in to follow this  
HePCaT

Marpat soldiers WIP

Units look great! Thank you HePCaT and company.

ne ways is any one going to make a unit replacement config of this for arma campaign?

THX all for the comment! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I don't think they look to light colored, and the picture you show is not 'real stuff' but airsoft! I'm in airsoft also and believe me our bdu have a very quite life wink_o.gif ......

Dslyecxi It's to late to make some promo but i think you gonna have some work for my next project whistle.gif

google imaging brought up this, http://www.ukasc.net/reviews/marpat/marpat4.jpg

You're posting an airsoft replica uniform as reference, buddy.  huh.gif

Try http://www.usmc.mil instead. Or just look back through the thread and find the post where I put up pictures of my actual uniforms.

Huh, well it still looks a little light colored, in my opinion. Oh well.  huh.gif

edit; howabout

http://www.usmc.mil/marinel....003.JPG

or

http://www.usmc.mil/marinel....006.JPG

Maybe they're faded? Might look better that way.

also, the pattern looks a little small on the helmet as well, if ye really want to get picky about it. also those images are huge.

Can i play the "ArmA campaign" with this new Marpat uniforms?huh.gif?huh.gif?' help.gif

no, they dont replace the ACU units, so you would have to convert the ArmA campaign/missions yourself.

Can i play the "ArmA campaign" with this new Marpat uniforms?huh.gif?huh.gif?' help.gif

If you wanna use these units, go to your mission editor. Insert a BLUEFOR soldier and you should be able to choose the Marpat marine.

Edit: After reading you again I see you probably knew this and was just asking for implementation in the campaign mode. Sorry buddy wink_o.gif

Id take the textures out and replace the original US soldier textures with them... that is if HePCaT keept the filenames...

Thinking about releasing the VDV reskins ot the SLA units and also some replacement files with SLA markings... anyone intrested?

Id take the textures out and replace the original US soldier textures with them... that is if HePCaT keept the filenames...

Thinking about releasing the VDV reskins ot the SLA units and also some replacement files with SLA markings... anyone intrested?

hell yeah!

No just retexture the SLA units a bit to make soem pseudo russian VDV troopers and also i might include some textures with SLA armpatches keept to replace the original files.

Yea..i have my first ArmA Addon and it looks great smile_o.gif

Very good job...thx

Love the units, trying to create a group selection for the editior, just basically copied CFG groups from the NO_Jerger but hit of a wall; This is the Jerger;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Unit0 {

side = TWest;

vehicle = "Jeger_Teamleader";

rank = "Sergeant";

position[] = {0, 5, 0};

What Should the Vehicle be for Hep's troops? Should it be;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">HEP_USMC_Men";

or

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">HEP_MarPatWod\us_soldier_teamlead

Also which files controls the weapon loadout?

Everything is inherited from the config in characters.pbo (weapons, names etc etc) If you want to change anything you'll have to copy/paste those parts from that config.

As for the groups, its the class HEP_SoldierWBlah part you need to use.

I couldn't get it work, the group I created looked okay from what I understand but it dosent show in the editor.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgGroups {

class West {

name = $STR_WEST;

class Infantry {

name = $STR_CFG_XBOX_GRP_INFANTRY_SQUADS;

class HEP_USMC_MarPat_Woodland {

name = "US Marines";

class Unit0 {

side = TWest;

vehicle = "HEP_TeamLeaderW";

rank = "Sergeant";

position[] = {0, 5, 0};

};

class Unit1 {

side = TWest;

vehicle = "HEP_SoldierWB";

rank = CORPORAL;

position[] = {3, 0, 0};

};

class Unit2 {

side = TWest;

vehicle = "HEP_SoldierWMedic";

rank = "CORPORAL";

position[] = {5, 0, 0};

};

class Unit3 {

side = TWest;

rank = "CORPORAL";

position[] = {7, 0, 0};

};

class Unit4 {

side = TWest;

vehicle = "HEP_SquadLeaderW";

rank = "CORPORAL";

position[] = {9, 0, 0};

};

class Unit5 {

side = TWest;

vehicle = "HEP_SoldierWG";

rank = "CORPORAL";

position[] = {11, 0, 0};

};

class Unit6 {

side = TWest;

rank = "CORPORAL";

position[] = {13, 0, 0};

};

};

};

};

};

Hey guys, I'm busy all of this week so I can't really get to any work on my Desert MarPat units, but HeP's should keep you busy wink_o.gif

Nice Skins, but USMC Soldiers use the M16A2.

You mean the m16a4 and yes the should at least use the m16a2 if anything to portray the USMC correctly nice mod BTW.

Nice Skins, but USMC Soldiers use the M16A2.

You mean the m16a4 and yes the should at least use the m16a2 if anything to portray the USMC correctly nice mod BTW.

Missed that first time round.

As HepCat will tell you, these are re-skins of the BI units which are (wrongly) wearing acu.

As I will tell you, we dont have the proper tools to make new content other than re-skins at the moment. These units are configured to match the ArmA troops exactly (infact, the only difference in the config is the class name and the model path).

I *could* have outfitted them with M16A2's when I wrote the config for HepCat, but considering that the mapping on the A2's foregrip is borked and since there are only 2 variants of the M16A2 ingame (ironsights and M203) it would limit the weapon selection just a tad.

Maybe once we get the tools, and if HepCat is still interested I could re-visit the addon to add weapons. But I doubt I will. In the mean time, you now have properly attired units (not ones wearing ACU's but using USMC bodyarmour and pouches).