Sign in to follow this  
USSRsniper

ArmA is going to replace OFP...

Heh, i think i'm going to miss OFP, with good old sunny Everon, Malden, Nogova  tounge2.gif I'm actually not uninstalling OFP, there is no way i'm uninstalling it inlove.gif

So what people think, will we see good old OFP islands remade for ArmA by fans, maybe even more than islands? And what will be your last thing you do in OFP? I will just replay original campagins, and see some OFP action for last time..... maybe  smile_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif I actualy already feel nostalgic about OFP yay.gif

Reliving old campaign memories and then deciding if it stays or not...depends on hard drive space.

Heh, i think i'm going to miss OFP, with good old sunny Everon, Malden, Nogova tounge2.gif I'm actually not uninstalling OFP, there is no way i'm uninstalling it inlove.gif

So what people think, will we see good old OFP islands remade for ArmA by fans, maybe even more than islands? And what will be your last thing you do in OFP? I will just replay original campagins, and see some OFP action for last time..... maybe smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif I actualy already feel nostalgic about OFP yay.gif

Man how sad are we people! .... It's true, i will miss OFP.

The glichyness, clipping, dodgy graphics, disconnect fear... i will miss thee wow_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I will miss some things from OFP. Ecpecially the run/sprint speed. It feels like you run a bit too fast in ArmA. Other than that ArmA is pretty much perfect (exept for the bugs).

So... OFP is HISTORY yay.gif

OFP... is HISTORY  biggrin_o.gif

Looks like Gastovski finally received his long-waited retirement, eh?

Me? I won't touch OFP again with a ten-foot pole unless I'm converting some old classics. Then I might accidentally hit preview in the editor... and get stuck. Just like I always do. It's no wonder I don't get any scripting done. tounge2.gif

...., with good old sunny Everon, Malden, Nogova ....

Interesting tadbit with that

There is a town called Everon you know

Co-od: IC55

But, back on-topic, yes OFP will be missed, for me, it was the first online game I played and fell in love with

Not so hard to believe it was around for 5 years

OFP+Resistance will always be installed in my computer , no point uninstalling it.

notworthy.gif

Even today when im bored i use to create fast battles through editor.

inlove.gif

OFP... is HISTORY biggrin_o.gif

Good one biggrin_o.gif .

I hope someone with OFP:Elite manages to port the original campaigns and islands over, it would take some work but should be possible. Codemasters might not be happy about it either - but it's BIS's work not theirs anyway tounge2.gif .

I'm not sure if I'll even uninstall it from my computer, I've messed it enough (last reinstall was 2004!wink_o.gif so that for example SP missions cannot be played anymore (except with the editor). But then again, it'd be shame to free 10 GB's of disk space just like that, when I had originally installed OFP to C and, after all those uninstalls of unused mods and software, been able to keep some free space at the HD.

Until FDF, Unsung and I44 are made for ArmA, no way I'm gonna remove ol' good OFP. Then again, I have some time, as it's freaking November when I can get ArmA, and then I need money to upgrade my hardware so I can run it.

I hope someone will import CW, RH and Res campaings into ArmA. tounge2.gif

But you need not only islands but also various units and vehicles addons for it. It will get hard. nener.gif

Course it is good news...

Armed Assault is the natural progession for it, so for one will not be playing OFP for some time now...

Great topic to legally spam rofl.gif

Anyway, looking forward to ArmA........goodbye Ghost recon 1

You know, I won't finally leave OFP off my hard-drive until I get a computer that can really run it fast (over 100 constant fps minimum! ) with everything maxed out... I must say that of all games OFP is the one where I can see something better each time I use a better computer, but haven't gotten my hands on a rig that made me think: "Yeah, this is OFP at its ABSOLUTE BEST!!!".

And I sure hope that the islands from OFP:GOTY (CWC + RH + Res) make it into ArmA, by the hand of BIS itself... Wouldn't do me any good to feel homesick, would it? tounge2.gifinlove.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Flashpoint will never leave my PC as long as I live. Hell, who here DOESN'T have the Flashpoint soundtrack on their MP3 player! biggrin_o.gif

Hauk

Great topic to legally spam rofl.gif

This, indeed is so true

Oh no! OFP, is down!

This is Armed Assault, taking command...

LMAO, thats a classic, will take note to remember that hehe