Sign in to follow this  
brit~XR

Arma bugs

Playing the demo I picked up a weird clip of ammo from the back of a truck and it put the ammo into my pistol ammo inventory. It was HE something something something and had an icon (in my pistol ammo slot) that showed it as having a red tip. Pretty sure it was ammo for the underslung ak grenade launcher. The truck was out of spawn but I think it was the soviet truck.

Sorry if this is a rep.

The GP25/GP30/M203 rounds are supposed to be stored in the pistol mag slots.

FOUND A VERY LARGE MULTIPLAYER BUG!

All tanks have no reload time of their main cannon if in MANUEL FIRE and the driver is alone.

The driver can manuelly fire all 20 sabot rounds in a matter of seconds.

PLEASE FIX.

It doesn't seem to exist in the newest demo build. The tanks don't even seem to reload when you're alone in the driver's seat with manual fire on. I may have noticed a slight gain in reload time by turning manual fire off then on again, then firing, but I don't think so. I tested it on my own 5116 build client server and on a dedicated server for both t72 and m1.

Gnat @ Jan. 02 2007,01:04)]If not already reported;

Can't play test or edit MP missions without your machine being hosted to the world ........ need an option to switch Hosting Off

Test it in the editor, or even better toggle address.internet to address.Lan in upper left corner.

Some things can't be tested properly in the editor, such as respawn, parameters and things that rely on set parameters. To me closing the server is enough, and I don't mind if someone connects if I forgot to close the server. They can ogle all they want if they think it's time well spent, or I simply kick 'em.  smile_o.gif

Thats not a solution, thats a work-around.

Plain and simple (even from a security POV), I should be able to STOP my machine broadcasting to the world that I'm running a ArmA missions.

And to Dallas: Pretty sure that doesn't work either.

Other Bugs:

- Don't understand why, if its by design, but its annoying. Going to External view while manning the gun of a tank (and probably while you are group leader) causes the Action Menu to disappear and the Group menu to pop up in the top right! A Pain

- ........... bugger, forgotten the other one! whistle.gif

The scripting command <unit> moveInCargo [array] does not work in v1.4.0.5121.

I noted this in the biki and filed a Community Bugtracker entry for it.

Not sure if this is a glitch or something that's was never bothered with because of certain things that would cause it to do so, but when a tank or something else goes under water, after awhile it takes enough damage to explode, but then it catches on fire and there are flames erupting from the hull under the surface of the water.

Also, when a unit ejects from a vehicle any number of meters beneath the surface, it will play the get out animation and then automatically teleport to the surface.

If a jet is flying and touches the surface of water, if completely flips out.

At somewhere around 10,000 meters high, you loose control of your jet and it begins flying by itself (Which involves pointing the nose straight down into a suicide plummet)

At somewhere around 1,000,000 meters high, your jet will point its nose down, and begin accelerating to thousands of KM/h, until it just freaks out and starts spinning very rapidly with its speed spazzing between 9999 and -9999 KM/h. That looks funny for some reason. Also at this height, all the pieces of the jet will pull apart and move by itself, and your guy will be sticking way out of the cockpit. As a unit this high, your gun will be between your feet and bullets will spray out of the gun sideways and float off into the distance.

At around one trillion meters high, the game starts "not being right." You will be in the sky, that is, the dome that is the sky will be lowered so that you're 3/4ths up it, and if you look straight out at the sky, the center half of it disappears. When it rains at this height, it's a strip of rain texture repeated over and over again. In a tank, you can fire exactly ten shots before you can't fire anymore, but then if you go to commander and order your gunner to fire, the tank will fall under the physics of having fire, and you can just keep ordering your gunner to fire and the tank will keep acting like it fired. Also, for some reason, it takes twice as long to start a mission this high than it does to load the entire island for the first time. If you eject from something this high, you'll teleport to the ground (Unless it's a jet or plane).

When the player dies out in the ocean, he'll fall through the water like he would through air.

Edit- Another thing is if you have a unit from an addon with alot of hitpoints, tanks and other units will just run away. This is wierd!

This is all on the international English version 1.05.

i can't find the Javelin since after i patched to 1.05 and also the bug with the groups menu is still there, by that i mean when i go to opfor groups (F2) and then air groups, the Mi-17 choppers are not opfor they are bluefor instead... tounge2.gif

Other than that i cant find any bugs.

Knowsabout command doesn't degrade when a unit can't see the unit he first saw, after awhile it just instantly goes to 0.

... At somewhere around 10,000 meters high, you loose control of your jet and it begins flying by itself (Which involves pointing the nose straight down into a suicide plummet)

At somewhere around 1,000,000 meters high, your jet will point its nose down, and begin accelerating to thousands of KM/h, until it just freaks out and starts spinning very rapidly with its speed spazzing between 9999 and -9999 KM/h. That looks funny for some reason. Also at this height, all the pieces of the jet will pull apart and move by itself, and your guy will be sticking way out of the cockpit. As a unit this high, your gun will be between your feet and bullets will spray out of the gun sideways and float off into the distance.

At around one trillion meters high, the game starts "not being right." ...

Dude this isn't a space or flight sim. All action should be taking place near the ground, or at least lower than a few kilometers.

Putting a unit at >100km height is ridiculous because it would be in space.

At somewhere around 10,000 meters high, you loose control of your jet and it begins flying by itself (Which involves pointing the nose straight down into a suicide plummet)

At around one trillion meters high, the game starts "not being right." You will be in the sky, that is, the dome that is the sky will be lowered so that you're 3/4ths up it, and if you look straight out at the sky, the center half of it disappears. When it rains at this height, it's a strip of rain texture repeated over and over again. In a tank, you can fire exactly ten shots before you can't fire anymore, but then if you go to commander and order your gunner to fire, the tank will fall under the physics of having fire, and you can just keep ordering your gunner to fire and the tank will keep acting like it fired. Also, for some reason, it takes twice as long to start a mission this high than it does to load the entire island for the first time. If you eject from something this high, you'll teleport to the ground (Unless it's a jet or plane).

When the player dies out in the ocean, he'll fall through the water like he would through air.

Edit- Another thing is if you have a unit from an addon with alot of hitpoints, tanks and other units will just run away. This is wierd!

This is all on the international English version 1.05.

I had a great laugh reading at this rofl.gif

There is still a major issue with Mk19/AGS-30 grenade launchers.

They simulate a tank shell being fired with the recoil attached to it. You can get your car pushed over if you fire long enough.

MagazineReloadTime does not affect the time, the animation is limiting factor for the reload of magazines (tested on Pistols and Machineguns).

Still no crosshair for Stinger/Strela and LD when this option was turned off in Difficulty-Settings.

Still no Optics for M203/GP-25, when crosshair is turned off, no aiming is possible (see above)

The commander turret will play the engine sound when turning, if AI is present as driver and fuel is left. No fuel, no turret sound for the commander, this should be the case even with full fuel tank (why should the turret need the main engine sound)

AI engages tanks with the machinegun if you command them to target the enemy vehicle.

RPG-7 is held wrong, which makes aiming look weird, RPG has two grips not like M136.

LD should be like in OFP as a weapon you can walk around with, no binocular, it is impossible to get the overview you need to coordinate air attacks.

sound occlusion/obstruction in vehicles does not work, sounds inside are heard outside and the cannons should be loaded from the start or only when a gunner is present.

Most likely brang up many times before but in MP the most noticable bug is definately the helicopter bug, when a destroyed and soundless model is shown instead and the players have to shoot the helo once in order for it to load and so that they can board, real annoying when you have to keep constantly telling people what to do over and over again.

Just a couple of minor bugs I've noticed.

I was in a Medic tent when it got hit by Tank or a Heli, the tent was flattened but I survived with no damage.

I jumped out of a tank just as it was hit by a tank shell, the tank was destroyed but I survived the explosion with no damage.

You can stand next to flaming vehicle without taking heat damage.

Minor details I know, but I seem to remember a Tank exploding in OFP was pretty damn deadly. Apologies if these have already been mentioned.

Harrier1 and Harrier2 class vehicles often get their landing gear stuck in the down position after several landings and takeoffs.

There is no action menu option for "gear up" and a key bound to the raise gear function doesn't work.

EDIT: Not sure if this is a bug. Asking in another thread.

amm,need to ask somnting...in a hotel is a elevator* boot is not working is that a bug? biggrin_o.gif

No its not a bug... it was in a promotional video for ArmA or VBS or something i think... it was scripted, but it doesnt work in ArmA...

yea, it whas a "promotional video for ArmA" will bee nice if that work in game tounge2.gif .

Big thread where this was discussed before Here

I think someone tried to script them to move? U'll have to scan through the thread though wink_o.gif

It was in a E3 video and you could see the bugs there, even though the guy said that they had been fixed already i guess that BI wasnt able to fix them before the release so they just locked the elevators. (Some people managed to bug into them so they are still present, just disabled)

- jav optics bugged

- 1st attack mode for jav is not working (attack from above like in jo)

- can't jump over sandbags....

- can't reload rifle while moving

- can't control parachute

- will only reload and shoot jav/at4/rpg/stinger/strela on his knees...makes soldier an easy target >:

- reloading animations can't be aborted

- entering and leaving of vehicles is way too slow

- can't shoot out of vehicles/little birds

- can't shoot/lay down suppressive fire while running

i wouldn't call some of them bugs, but as for reloading rocket launchers while in any other stance than kneeling i dunno, it could use some.... altering

- jav optics bugged

- will only reload and shoot jav/at4/rpg/stinger/strela on his knees...makes soldier an easy target >:

You sir have absolutely no idea what a bug is.

In fact exactly ZERO of the 10 things you mentioned are bugs. They are in fact (in order):

1. Incomplete feature

2. Incomplete feature/ not part of game design

3. Not part of game design

4. Not part of game design

5. Not part of game design

6. Not part of game design

7. Not part of game design

8. Personal preference?

9. Not part of game design

10. Not part of game design

- jav optics bugged

You sir have absolutely no idea what a bug is.

In fact exactly ZERO of the 10 things you mentioned are bugs...

i don't care if they are real bugs or not. i just feel that these issues need to be addressed ASAP, and making a thread about every single bug/problem/missing feature would certainly not help to keep things in order and together. bis needs to wake the fuck up and stop working on eye candy. instead they should fix these gameplay issues. arma is a stillborn in its current state, at least for infantry players. banghead.gif in the year 2007 problems like those mentioned above shouldn't happen anymore. jointops, bf2, graw - they all showed how to simulate a good imfantry game, despite their arcadish roots. now arma, "the ultimate war simulator", is a joke when it comes to this. tanks, choppers - all fine, but what about the backbone of every armay - the soldier? seems like bis just copied everything from ofp, those lazy gits. oh, i can see the ban coming...which fanboy is going to report me? crazy_o.gif

@Shifty-16AAB-

report into the BTS:

http://bugs.armed-assault.net/my_view_page.php

BUT READ THE MANUAL BEFORE AND SEARCH IF YOUR ISSUES ARE ADDRESSED BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!

And pleeeeeaaaaase one TT for each issue, not all issues into one TT.

You can input them all as bugs, if BI thinks it is a change request, we tag it as an change request - the generic issue will remain.

BR

I&C

It was in a E3 video and you could see the bugs there, even though the guy said that they had been fixed already i guess that BI wasnt able to fix them before the release so they just locked the elevators. (Some people managed to bug into them so they are still present, just disabled)

Yup you can also fly in as a seagull biggrin_o.gif (try using Red hotel map by Matt R. if you wanna take a peek inside, theres no roofs on the lifts i dont think lol.