Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Death Channel..

You playing this great coop that takes sometime, you feel right in it and then two dead players get bored and start to talk shit.

BIS please consider put in a deathchannel, not force people to use it but if they talk it wont be shown to players that are dead.

Guess one way to do it is to make every mission with a script that makes the dead people join civillian side, but think this should be a easy fix in some patch later on. No hurry, we will be playing ArmA in 2010 anyway..

You playing this great coop that takes sometime, you feel right in it and then two dead players get bored and start to talk shit.

So when 2 dead players on your server are talking shit while you are playing, and you mind it a lot, then why not tell them to stop, or start chatting over a TS channel or whatsoever?

But, eitherway... good feature request as it makes things more easy wink_o.gif

AAO has already the death channel. It avoids players sitll alive to hear hints from dead players. It has much to do especially in TFF and TDM rather than COOP.

Quote[/b] ]So when 2 dead players on your server are talking shit while you are playing, and you mind it a lot, then why not tell them to stop, or start chatting over a TS channel or whatsoever?

ArmA has VoIP instead of TS2. So how about adding death channel to VoIP and automatically guiding dead player to this death channel? tounge2.gif

As Pierrot said, it might be important if it's a human vs human mission or something. And if you play on a public server people may not listen to you when you tell them to STFU. Though I would have liked this to be a option for the server. I usually play with mates, and if some people die, it's always good to be able to talk with the ones still alive. As the people I usually play with do respect others wishes to not reveal enemies and such if it's requested, I wouldn't liked this too much, but for people playing clanwars and such, it would probably be very nice...

either force them to to to stay in that "deathchannel" or maybe create a new channel for all who dont really participate (like a seagull channel^^) in the game.

I gotta defend GranQ a little cos I go crazy as well when some guys start spamming the global channel after they're dead and all the "importante" just flow by in lightspeed

I guess arma is just not made for kids... lol, im really roflmao'ing here about servers with trouble with players... such players won't be playing on our servers for longer than a few minutes smile_o.gif Anyway, I do agree that such simple things should've or could've been implemented in ArmA smile_o.gif

Lets start a poll and see if they make the feature in a patch biggrin_o.gif

Yup, very good idea! Own channel for dead ones would be so great. Maybe even option to prevent dead from communicating with living ones (spooky!wink_o.gif

Of course we can do it in old way and alt-tab to IRC...

great idea but could it be used to give away peoples postion on ts to there m8's... crazy_o.gif

Why not just do it the way Counterstrike does it. When you are dead you can only speak to dead people. Also there is an option so you can only talk to the dead people on your team.

Nice and simple!

@ Nov. 21 2006,18:44)]Of course we can do it in old way and alt-tab to IRC...

good old LDDK way gaming biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Agree, a "death channel" is a great idea! Should be selectable tho...

/KC

It is a nice idea. I suggested subchannels for the side-channel in some thread. I hope if BIS ever considers to implement this(which they won't) they can do the multiple sub-sidechannels too smile_o.gif.

Why not just do it the way Counterstrike does it. When you are dead you can only speak to dead people. Also there is an option so you can only talk to the dead people on your team.

Nice and simple!

Ghosts (dead people) need a method to know what's going on in the lower world. So it would be fun if ghosts were able to listen to living people's conversations and to see their chats. Of course living people cannot hear and see ghosts'. tounge2.gif

yeah i dont want to force people to use it if then dead, but give them some channel to stay ingame have a talk while waiting, but being able to switch to global and talk with the players if needed or maybe respond.. how many times havent you done the.

dead1 "restarting soon, half team dead anyway"

Alive player; "sure, more fun when everyone is alive.. but let me kill this bmp first"

dead2 "next time we play we should..."

but then sometimes you just want the dead people to stfu.

irc thing works and so is TS.. but lets see what bis can do with ArmA first..

@ Nov. 21 2006,08:44)]Yup, very good idea! Own channel for dead ones would be so great. Maybe even option to prevent dead from communicating with living ones (spooky!wink_o.gif

Of course we can do it in old way and alt-tab to IRC...

It will be interesting to see if alt-tab still will cause random crashes every so often.