Sign in to follow this  
evilnate

To the people who are playing ArmA, how is it?

Oh no i'm getting deja vous crazy_o.gif I remember posting a similar reply when Resistance was released for OFP. I had to buy a new comp just to play it.I said in my reply bis had made a mistake in thinking everone had a "monster comp".If they made this game to run with every day normal computers like which the majoraty of us have, more people would buy it,so bis would make more money! Ofp has been out for years and their is still no hardware out their to be able to play it on max setting's. To cut a long story short,how come evey recent game release runs fine on my comp,however going off this topic AA will run like a bag of shit? crazy_o.gif Wel bollock's to upgrading my rig again,if when i try AA it won't run well,i'll stick with good old OFP inlove.gif

The todays middle-class PC is like 3gig cpu, 1gig ram and somthing like a GF6600/7600. And as we could read, it´s absolutly possible to run the game with a nice look and good fps on such a machine. So why do you think that BIS needs to get blamed? That´s ridiculously. The point that even today, no PC can display OFP on max. settings is just wrong, no other game has such a large landscape, now try to figure out why!

Ofp has been out for years and their is still no hardware out their to be able to play it on max setting's.

The reason to that is most likely that OFP is (by now) using old techniques trying to run on brand new hardware and it just doesn't work to well! Fact in case, OFP ran much better on my old GF4 Ti4200 128MB (made for the DX 8 era) than it does on my newer GF6 6600GT 256MB (made for the DX 9 era).

I don't agree with you and don't think the minimum nor the recomended HW specifications for ArmA is far fetched at all!

And since ArmA seems to be scalable just like OFP we will (most likely) be able to run it OK on older HW we just have to turn down the settings. Eventually we both will upgrade and by then you will be happy BIS raised the bar so to speak tounge2.gif

/KC

well said, people need to research before they post as this has been said over and over again...

Sorry for another post on hardware specs, but my current system is;

AMD 64 3500+

1GB Dual Channel DDR400

6800GT 256MB

I am hoping for ~30fps on med settings with probably a 1200m view distance and things like FSAA turned off. Will this be possible with my machine?

I am though disappointed to hear that HDR cannot be selectively disabled, because personally I don't think that it looks all that great and it costs you so much in performance. I'd like to have it off and still have other nice post processing effects going sad_o.gif

Has anyone been able to run ArmA with everything on and graphics on as high as it can go... Just wondering if its possible since in ofp it didnt really matter what you had it still couldnt handle it on high.. I recently bought

Intel Core 2 duo e6700

8800gtx

nvidia 680i sli

and wondering what I can expect to do with these specs

Sorry for another post on hardware specs, but my current system is;

AMD 64 3500+

1GB Dual Channel DDR400

6800GT 256MB

I am hoping for ~30fps on med settings with probably a 1200m view distance and things like FSAA turned off. Will this be possible with my machine?

I am though disappointed to hear that HDR cannot be selectively disabled, because personally I don't think that it looks all that great and it costs you so much in performance. I'd like to have it off and still have other nice post processing effects going sad_o.gif

if it is only med setting and most eyecandys like AA is turned off or on low level it would it wont too bad on your PC IMO

now i am using a 2500+ no OC 768 MB RAM(one of my 256MB get busted....) and a 9800 SE AIW softmod to PRO.........now thats really cause some problem confused_o.gif

4 in 1 quote:

now i am using a 2500+ no OC 768 MB RAM(one of my 256MB get busted....) and a 9800 SE AIW softmod to PRO.........now thats really cause some problem confused_o.gif

Thanks for bad news 4in1 tounge2.gif

My specs are similar to yours (AMD 1700+ @ 1900Mhz, 1GB RAM, ATI 9800 SE softmodded)...damn!

Can you atlest run the game?

I'm pretty sure that it's possible to disable HDR in ArmA. In most games some permanent effects (like blur in Dark Messiah or HDR in GRAW) can be easily disabled via config file wink_o.gif.

For those who already have this gem, does the east side have planes or artillery? It's perfectly ok if each side has it's own style of hardware combination, but I was just wondering because I tough making a multiplayer mode and possibility for arty and airstrike for both sides would be nice.

4 in 1 quote:

Thanks for bad news 4in1 tounge2.gif

My specs are similar to yours (AMD 1700+ @ 1900Mhz, 1GB RAM, ATI 9800 SE softmodded)...damn!

Can you atlest run the game?

keep the view under 500, that will work tounge2.gif

p.s. i didnt have the game yet, still my guess are right most of the time confused_o.gif

Thoughts about my setup?

AMD 64 FX-53 2.4 Ghz

2 GB of 4x512 Matching Kingston Hyper-X

EVGA 7600 GT [Overclocked version]

All running on a A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard.

I'm pretty sure that it's possible to disable HDR in ArmA. In most games some permanent effects (like blur in Dark Messiah or HDR in GRAW) can be easily disabled via config file wink_o.gif.

Yes it can be disabled, but as was mentioned above by people who have the game there isn't a sepcific option, it is tied to a general setting for 'effects'. This I don't like because personally I would like to disable it individually and still have the other high level effects, the performance gained by losing HDR can be translated into making the game look good in other ways wink_o.gif

Example, with Oblivion I can just run it comfortably with HDR, though outdoors it will chug at parts. But if I turn it off the huge performance boost I gain can be used to turn other things like texture quality and draw distance up, making the game overall look much better and run much more smoothly as well.

HDR has never really impressed me visually for the performance hit it takes. I just think that developers should make it a definite yes or no option until hardware in the average gaming computer can catch up with it.

Thoughts about my setup?

AMD 64 FX-53 2.4 Ghz

2 GB of 4x512 Matching Kingston Hyper-X

EVGA 7600 GT [Overclocked version]

All running on a A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard.

it will be playable, your vga is the weakest link. i would say 1024 medium

I possess the AMD 4000+ single core chip, the equivalent to the FX-53 and it works perfectly fine with any modern game and never have any lag at all. But yes, the 7600 is a weak video card and will have some difficulty handling the higher end visuals of ArmA. I would completely agree that you'd be able to get your graphics at around medium settings @ 1024x768 resolution. This is, of course, assuming your computer is clean of any viruses, spyware, poor drivers, and other miscellaneous garbage. wink_o.gif

- dRb

So far my FX-53 has been good to me, seeing that I got it for free from an old friend from AMD [he told me it was has using it as a paper weight].

I generally start 1280x1024 and work my way up on the detail settings [then go back down when forced to]. With PRMM [bF2 Mod] I am at this resolution with the details all at medium. I am getting 80~100 FPS currently with this game. I could easily go with mostly High settings with only losing 20~30 FPS but there are some highly detailed maps in PRMM .40 that causes to much caching and I dislike waiting for the map to get completely cached.

So, I hope I can use 1280x1024 with at least medium settings with Armed Assault.

For X-Mas I am going to try my best to get one of those Nvidia 8xxx cards. wink_o.gif

I possess the AMD 4000+ single core chip, the equivalent to the FX-53 and it works perfectly fine with any modern game and never have any lag at all. But yes, the 7600 is a weak video card and will have some difficulty handling the higher end visuals of ArmA. I would completely agree that you'd be able to get your graphics at around medium settings @ 1024x768 resolution. This is, of course, assuming your computer is clean of any viruses, spyware, poor drivers, and other miscellaneous garbage.  wink_o.gif

- dRb

A quick fix for anyone with a 7600 vid card is simply to grab another and run them in SLI (if your mobo supports) 7600gt's have come down in price a lot and 7600gs's are cheap as chips now biggrin_o.gif

guys are you sure about that?

I have an XFX7600-xXx VGA and it can run everything smoothly from FEAR to Oblivion with high Fps and looking great, I am not a VGA expert but I cant see how the 7600 is a weak card crazy_o.gif unless you are compairing it with the pricy Uber cards which obviously outclass this one.

it seems to me that it is capable of getting Meduim-high settings or mabe some very high settings assuming my CPU can handel them(( which is the main problem in my case as I have weak AMD 3200+ and 1 gig of ram sad_o.gif so probably I will be on medium or low))

<s>Just had a thought concerning aircraft, and the lack of an OPFOR counterpart. Has anyone tried a dogfight against another harrier with an NS pilot in it?</s>

EDIT: Scratch that, just remebered the bi-planes.

I Have a question.

Is it Possible to play arma on high detail with a :

Amd64 +3800 San Diego

~

Kingston 4x512mb

~

Overclocked version of GF 7800gtx

i have been thinking about it and i really need to get it out of my

mind. So please somebody be my savior and clarify this issue for

me please

I Have a question.

Is it Possible to play arma on high detail with a :

Amd64 +3800 San Diego

~

Kingston 4x512mb

~

Overclocked version of GF 7800gtx

i have been thinking about it and i really need to get it out of my

mind. So please somebody be my savior and clarify this issue for

me please

If you are lucky, and then I mean *very* lucky, you can run it on very low, or maybe low, on about 800m viewdistance, maaayyybe 950. If you exchange the videocard to an Ati Express 200 with 64mb, take 2x 512mb out, and get a geforce 4 ti 4200 128mb, you might get a bit higher

If you are lucky, and then I mean *very* lucky, you can run it on very low, or maybe low, on about 800m viewdistance, maaayyybe 950. If you exchange the videocard to an Ati Express 200 with 64mb, take 2x 512mb out, and get a geforce 4 ti 4200 128mb, you might get a bit higher

Errr... You realise that would be a serious downgrade right... crazy_o.gif

Errr... You realise that would be a serious downgrade right... crazy_o.gif
You have to be joking....
Of coarse I was joking lol smile_o.gif It just hit me that so many ppl are asking the same questions over and over and over, I mean, I bet you find someone with the very same system asking the very same question, getting answered on page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc smile_o.gif

Besides, it's like a BMW 7 Series Sports edition 3.5l turbo owner asking if he would be able to hit 200 with the car smile_o.gif

Really want a serious/proper answer?

If that Windows is Virus, Spyware and other Malware free

If the Drivers are up2date to the latest or best performing for that graphics card

If there is no defective hardware in the system

If, If, If

Then Yes, he can probably play the game on High smile_o.gif