Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

ArmA Photography

360hmmvcover.jpg

Want to show all those who don't own ArmA yet that this game runs okay at the minimum specs. I took this picture when securing a checkpoint by making a 360 circle with HMMVs.

ArmA runs at low quality and 800x600 resolution. With a lot of stuff turned off.

My 3.5 year old pc has these specs: AMD Athlon 2600+, 512mb RAM, ATI Radeon 9700pro.

Guest Ti0n3r

Great pics everyone. 100 times better than the old OFP Photo thread yay.gif

My 3.5 year old pc has these specs: AMD Athlon 2600+, 512mb RAM, ATI Radeon 9700pro. ...

LOL! My specs are much higher... What is going on with ArmA... The performance is very ... shitty^^ I will try to install xp again and try it on xp again... Here some screens... Took with max 7 fps... Not even the highest settings... I noticed not loosing any fps with switchign between the settings... high got the same as low.... somehow.. confusing! BTW: 2 fps in camapign... I even brought the czech and german but its the same shit at all...

arma01gd4.jpg

arma02pm7.jpg

arma03ev5.jpg

@Sled88 - Did you download and install the patch? It is suppose to increase performance.

Quote[/b] ]@Marcus-Ergalla i cant save your Screenshot  huh.gif ArmAReview_Bild1_02.jpg if i open the screenshot than its ragged.

He cuts one shot into two pieces or more precise,he uses two image files for filesize reasons. You have to merge them with PS or Gimp or wathever if you want to use it as one picture.

I merged the picture a little while ago.

picture merged

Yep dled the patches... installed arma twice (czech and german)... but i removed the czech this morning from my hdd... but don't see any changes in arma in fact of performance!

EDIT: But I really suppose it has somethign to do with my driver for my X1600Pro... Maybe it runs better on XP Pro SP2... I hope... otherwise I will return my german version and sell my czech... Couldn't play the game a few days... But I brought the german copy on thursday... the czech version don't wanna start again... 3 times and then never again...

On the last squadnight I managed to get the "worst screenshot" in ArmA... the well known LOD/texture-bug, but i believe it has been fixed in 1.01 (CZ/GR) smile_o.gif

worst_shot.jpg

lol i see it as a wakeup call, we arnt in the stone age no more, its time for people to upgrade.

SLA Especas on their way to arrest some insurgents

especas5hf1.jpg

Especas in the woods

espcas4mj0.jpg

Especas on the move

especas3op3.jpg

Ditto

especas2fa5.jpg

An Especas Seargent getting interviewed

especas1ev8.jpg

"You and your friends have been arrested Mr. Bananaman" wink_o.gif

especas6dz2.jpg

lol i see it as a wakeup call, we arnt in the stone age no more, its time for people to upgrade.

And see, that you`ll get a videocard with 512MB Ram.

Maybe only ArmA and Oblivion will benefit from that, but there will be more games to come.

I haven't seen a pic of the A-10 yet? It would be nice to see a "open house" type of pic at the airport. You could go into editor, line up some planes and choppers and take pics. BTW - any nuclear weapons??

I haven't seen a pic of the A-10 yet? It would be nice to see a "open house" type of pic at the airport. You could go into editor, line up some planes and choppers and take pics. BTW - any nuclear weapons??

What A-10? There is no A-10 in ArmA (yet)

I think using a nuclear weapon against an island that your own forces are on would be kind of useless.

Don't worry, next guy will probably look for 747s or tie-fighters...

Not sure did I post these already...

racs_night1s.jpg

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Full size</span>

racs_night2s.jpg

racs_night3s.jpg

racs_night4s.jpg

A few more...

specop1s.jpg