Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

That is how you have to supose to make a video biggrin_o.gif

Exelent, great, movie.....

Hey all,

This is my first attempt at a ArmA vid. It's called ArmA Thunder. ArmA with an attitude and a whole lot of old school rock.

Enjoy !

You Tube version

Google Video here

Your feedback is welcome.

Hey fellas, guess what I've been doin? ...makin' the NVG cooler in my vidz...  tounge2.gif   rofl.gif

Here is my offerring to what some in the community have said is needed:A fast action Armed Assault vid.

Video Title: Ortego City: Operation Swift Justice

Duration: 4 minutes 53 seconds

Full Res Download: Pending upload to Filefront

Full Res Size: 83.6 MB's

Notes: NVG got "fuzzy" at the end. Enjoy!

Good stuff man, i like the NV effect.

What is that? Gradient Map in Vegas? tounge2.gif

Keep it up!

tr1n.

sorry to hijack this thread, but what setting do you people use to record sound in movies made by fraps? i have a Creative Xfi and recording set to mic as i use teamspeak a lot, but i suppose for recording movies it should be set to...?

Glow + HSL in some areas. Depending on the footage it's glow + Brightness contrast + HSL.

The trick is to desaturate the image, then adjust the contrast so in the image so that light effects the whole screen! After that I pull off on the "glow" and up the intensity, while decreasing the suppression. I wish the NV in Armed Assault was a "little" more like this "in-game."

I had the final battle rigged of 100+ US Marines vs. 100+ SLA Troops but it turned my machine into a slideshow! You gotta go out with a BANG so in comes the A-10 w00t! (Obviously the sound is not in ARMA  sad_o.gif  )

Once I get the time again, and figure out how to change the weapon sounds, I'll try adding the Avenger 7-Barrel descendant of the Gattling gun firing I used in the vid to the game. It's a show stopper! Anyone ever notice the Vulcan AA sounds alot like the A-10's main gun?  huh.gif

See the nade toss in-game? That rocked! Completely unexpected!

The next movie I do will be AH-6's and infantry engagement only. We need some good ground pounding videos wink_o.gif

sorry to hijack this thread, but what setting do you people use to record sound in movies made by fraps? i have a Creative Xfi and recording set to mic as i use teamspeak a lot, but i suppose for recording movies it should be set to...?

"Detect Best Input" checked off.

"W/E Default Sound Device"

"Sound Input: What U Hear"

On my Audigy2 ZS I have CMSS turned off as it messes up the sound. EAX is on. Volumes are all maxed out. Recording is 25FPS at "Full Size"

pistols.gif

"Detect Best Input" checked off.

"W/E Default Sound Device"

"Sound Input: What U Hear"

On my Audigy2 ZS I have CMSS turned off as it messes up the sound. EAX is on. Volumes are all maxed out. Recording is 25FPS at "Full Size"

pistols.gif

my thanks good sir smile_o.gif

All the videos come at once...

Rellikki: rofl.gifconfused_o.gif

Tango: Nice video, good for first attempt.

ArmAVidz: Cool, nice use of effects.

swtx: Also good for first attempt. Congrats.

Thx guys for the comment on my video,

For what i saw is that i have to catch up a lot with you all.

Looking forward to show in time my second one, but till then keep up doing the great work here......

Arma is and will be nummber 1 of moviemaking

*El nino*Tango6

Back on Everon

Nice work there lol...

rofl.gif

ShackTac had its first MP ArmA session on Saturday, and this is some footage from it. This particular mission involved ~40 human players, organized into three squads, fighting against ~250 AI opfor utilizing various enhanced AI group behavior scripts. It was a hell of a lot of fun.

Short Sample Clip

High-Quality Downloadable Version

Low-Quality Google Video Version

The footage starts about 15 seconds after I took this screen:

may19th_07_tmb.jpg

It was somewhat rough as a first session (had crashing issues, for one), but aside from the issues that were out of our control, it was pretty neat. I'm really looking forward to seeing what things are like in a few months once everything has had a chance to settle, and especially once ACE and CoC's stuff starts getting released.

Dslyexci that video was awesome, has somewhat restored my faith in the potential of ArmA  smile_o.gif

Who you play with makes a huge difference.

smile_o.gif

Nice video. It gives me inspiration to try and start organising some more stuff on this side of the atlantic.

sometime i wish i could play with these guys for a nice coop(but i am not interested in PVP, even PVP coop)

sometime i wish i could play with these guys for a nice coop(but i am not interested in PVP, even PVP coop)

You're interested in the campaign? crazy_o.gif poor you...

You're interested in the campaign?  crazy_o.gif  poor you...

so what, i have been playing tons of nice coop for 3 years now nener.gif

thats why i am with a COOP group now, any question?

What about joint coop?

Unfortunately coop is very often like playing naughts and crosses against a child. The only way they can win is if you let them biggrin_o.gif

It is nice to have some sensible human insight on the opposite force, to add challenge.