Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience v0.3

@ Snake Man - I made that link I'm Asst. Admin there, it was no problem putting it up on the site.

I do remember that there were several variants of the LVTP-5 in ROC mod, but they're probably pretty outdated by now.

I just edited the first post to include new mirror from OFP.info - thanks for hosting OFPFiles / OFP.info.

Quote[/b] ]I do remember that there were several variants of the LVTP-5 in ROC mod, but they're probably pretty outdated by now.

Okay I'll have to check that out. I do remember seeing some version, but already forgot how it looked etc. Thanks for letting me know.

Quote[/b] ]Don't forget the M48A3 from thel LCWF mod

Yes thanks, I checked that out and it looks nice.

MDSZ - I think it is the right wrp file, but there may be a line for replaceobjects in config for the ilo grass? I've been thinking the wrp file looks right, but the grass looks wrong, especially in the ruins - it's 'long' (the standard size) where i'd made it 'short' (shrunk to like 30%), the replaceobjects command is 'the usual suspect' for this.

MDSZ and AAO issues seem to be config line issues, so couldn't be easier to correct - if you wanted to do a 3.01 fix for it, you could just release an updated config file only.

Quote[/b] ]Are there any servers at all that runs this mod in Multiplayer?

Its annoying to play alone , with so great mod like this.

Please if you find any give me the IP.

Thx.

Snuffy

Ill happly get a server up with this mod on my dedi once i get back home

ill post details once i put it up

@ mod team looks totolly excellent someone has at last conqured the vietnam thertre smile_o.gif

ill also make this availble for download as well

The face problem also happens to me! When as a player, the arm and face would become tweaked. In addition, the helmet model seems not very well in detail, for example the band on helmet should use an independent model...

I chose not to model many parts that could be made with textures. I made that decision and it was based on trying to lower the overall polycount, and it was a good one. Sorry if you don't like it.

The face has been discussed over and over. It's not a bug.

edit: If you can look at amount of units and the amount of detail... accurate detail that has been put into them and can still complain about a helmet strap. I don't see how anything could satisfy you.

Ebud, overall, the modeling work is very nice for these troops. Of course, I like it personally for many details added for these VTE men. For example, the real effect and nice texture of those bare arms, should be the best one in OFP I ever saw... The problem of face and helmet band just a suggestion for improvement, not a critic comment smile_o.gif

I just personally think that those polys are uneeded is all. Partially because I'm a crappy modeler, lol. Maybe for armas when I can start fresh on the models rather than try to reuse things I've done in the past to save time smile_o.gif

Great job guys, I didn't know that Ebud was involved also in this, he had a lot of work on Tonal redeaux I guess...

About the units, the arms now are looking really realistic, doesen't matter for the helmets, also Unsung mod wasn't able to do much more better in this.

Do you have fixed the problem with Llauma heads (after a savegame the faces if edited resulted completely distorted, a problem that I meet also with DMA Toyota wars units)?

Is that possible finding an alternative M-48 Patton, or working Inq.' M-60 and Nam era M113 in VTE addons?

Hey Ebud, do you also think to release Tonal redeaux soon just after VTE 0.3?

Great job guys, I didn't know that Ebud was involved also in this, he had a lot of work on Tonal redeaux I guess...

Hey Ebud, do you also think to release Tonal redeaux soon just after VTE 0.3?

This was started long before Tonal which began only a couple months ago. I really only helped VTE by doing the units, some vegatation and a few minor bugfixes.

This weekend Tonal will be released.

Back on topic smile_o.gif

thx for all the respect everyone smile_o.gif

if anyone else needs their mods hosted ill gladly do it for them just PM me and we can get it sorted out

I didn't know that Ebud was involved also in this

Yes, SEB legend returns... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Do you have fixed the problem with Llauma heads (after a savegame the faces if edited resulted completely distorted, a problem that I meet also with DMA Toyota wars units)?

I must confess that I do not know/understand the scenario with the Llaumas heads on VTE. I do know the faces setup is different than in DMA Toyota Wars and others. Our face thingys use the main bin/config.cpp and not any scripts to work which I believe works okay, I have never seen any problems with the faces during testing. Exited vehicles too many times, savegame I cant remember testing specificly.

Quote[/b] ]Is that possible finding an alternative M-48 Patton, or working Inq.' M-60 and Nam era M113 in VTE addons?

If I understood your question correctly; first, yes we use INQ M60, M113 and M163 Vulcan models. Second, yes I am in process of sorting out a way to get nice M48 model into next VTE release.

Hi !

After quite a long period offline, I come back and I must say that VTE 0.3 is a VERY good surprise. Now that I have a decent computer, everything runs smooth and fine. I really love it. Thank you all that worked on VTE pack !

Now, back to Ia Drang pistols.gif

Good night, and good luck !