Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience v0.3

some VCB jungle missions.

VCB?

Quote[/b] ]But, we wouldnt use it if it required downloading the entire pack just to use them

Why is that, or does the answer lay behind the mysterious "VCB"?

i have n idea for a six man seal team..

just wondering how i can edit your guys to change waht there wearing?? n weapons

n how to have set face on the guys?

No you cannot change what they wear, and I can't imagine what you'd change. I thought I put enough in there to cover all bases.

Your out of luck with the faces too I think since the camo is applied automatically. You'd have to edit the config to take away the use of those scripts and to change anything you'd have to use ultraedit to change the texture names in the model as they are binarized.

I was just curious smile_o.gif

PM me and I might be able to help you out.

Your out of luck with the faces too I think since the camo is applied automatically. You'd have to edit the config to take away the use of those scripts and to change anything you'd have to use ultraedit to change the texture names in the model as they are binarized.

so what you're saying is that you can't use setFace or the face definition in description.ext at all with vte and the above mentioned commands don't override the random faces? well duh.. i'm working on a bunch of missions for vte which would require specific faces but i suppose i'll have to live without them.

some VCB jungle missions.

VCB?

Quote[/b] ]But, we wouldnt use it if it required downloading the entire pack just to use them

Why is that, or does the answer lay behind the mysterious "VCB"?

Volcbat.

so what you're saying is that you can't use setFace or the face definition in description.ext at all with vte and the above mentioned commands don't override the random faces?

Yes you can. This is the official face name list of VTE v0.3

Faces

White

vte_facew0

vte_facew1

vte_facew2

vte_facew3

vte_facew4

vte_facew5

vte_facew6

vte_facew7

vte_facew8

vte_facew9

vte_facew10

vte_facew11

vte_facew12

vte_facew13

vte_facew14

vte_facew15

vte_facew16

vte_facew17

vte_facew18

vte_facew19

vte_facew20

vte_facew21

White Camouflage

vte_facewc0

vte_facewc1

vte_facewc2

vte_facewc3

vte_facewc4

vte_facewc5

vte_facewc6

vte_facewc7

vte_facewc8

vte_facewc9

vte_facewc10

vte_facewc11

vte_facewc12

vte_facewc13

vte_facewc14

vte_facewc15

vte_facewc16

vte_facewc17

vte_facewc18

vte_facewc19

vte_facewc20

vte_facewc21

Black

vte_faceb0

vte_faceb1

vte_faceb2

vte_faceb3

vte_faceb4

vte_faceb5

Black Camouflage

vte_facebc0

vte_facebc1

vte_facebc2

vte_facebc3

vte_facebc4

Vietnamese

vte_facev0

vte_facev1

vte_facev2

vte_facev3

vte_facev4

vte_facev5

vte_facev6

vte_facev7

vte_facev8

vte_facev9

vte_facev10

vte_facev11

vte_facev12

vte_facev13

vte_facev14

vte_facev15

Vietnamese Camouflage

vte_facevc0

vte_facevc1

vte_facevc2

vte_facevc3

vte_facevc4

vte_facevc5

Vietnamese Civilian (old man)

vte_facevciv0

Not sure about this, but AFAIK you can't setface camoed faces.

Yeah no idea, Ebud must know smile_o.gif

Yeah no idea, Ebud must know smile_o.gif

well, i haven't been able to set any face with the setface / setidentity commands. tried the old vietnamese man for example and it still keeps changing the face every single time i load the mission.

is there any way to fix this?

that question was already answered no its not possible to use the setface command the faces are fixed onto the units

Quote[/b] ](ebud) Your out of luck with the faces too I think since the camo is applied automatically. You'd have to edit the config to take away the use of those scripts and to change anything. you'd have to use ultraedit to change the texture names in the model as they are binarized.

the mod looks good guys great work

In 1969 campaign, after the mission in which i have to defend the base against VC tanks and infantry, it says that I've failed the campagin. After that I can see the cinematic in which I've been transported to USS Enterprise (or Nimitz?), and after that I got this message: Campaign Failed. Is it suppose to be that way? I've played this "defend" mission for 10 times, each time killing nearly 20 vc's and destroying 2-3 tanks, and still it turns out that way. sad_o.gif

You can finish this mission correctly. There are many more to come after that.

There are several versions of that campaign. A SEB version I think, a SEB2 version and a VTE version. I've played the SEB2 version (AFAIK AvonLady conversion) and it is relatively playable, but since various mods use various unit/vehicle strengths the missions can vary greatly in difficulty. If you think that the mission is unfinishable, wait for the next big battle. IMHO the next battle is really almost unfinishable, since the friendly tanks usually get exterminated even before you arrive to the battle (this goes for VTE 0.2). But I've managed to finish the SEB2 version.

Aside the difficulty problems, that's the best Vietnam campaign I played.

Whenever I die in a mission, I cant do anything, not even turn off the game, all I see is the screen of my dead body, no text, cant ESC or anything?

Oh i just tried that mission where you wait for a mission to build up, it was awesome, I gotta try it again cos I died in the beginning.

I think you need to rethink the setface thing. It's pointless having all the faces hardcoded as you might (will) get the same guy several times in one group.

Did you notice that a few of your American tanks are all fouled up? Turrets etc.

I think you need to rethink the setface thing. It's pointless having all the faces hardcoded as you might (will) get the same guy several times in one group.

I did rethink it several times, and the hassle of setting all camo faces for each unit in the editor was less appealing to me than the chance of more than one unit in a group having the same face.

The only faces set with scripts, or "hardcoded" are the camo'd units.

I think you need to rethink why this is such an issue as I never notice it during gameplay.

It stays unless Snake has an issue with it.

Quote[/b] ]Whenever I die in a mission, I cant do anything, not even turn off the game, all I see is the screen of my dead body, no text, cant ESC or anything?

Didn't you accidentally turned off the UI in DXDLL? Just an idea.

First, many thanks for your great work.

Second, I need a clue for river crossing in the campaign "PMC NAM 1965", in missions: "Missing in action","Turnover" and perhaps "Sweep and clear" that I just started. I know that it is possible only on the river crossings, but since the level of the water is so high, it is impossible to do. I know that is a feature of OFP, something about the tide and day time. I tried the missions in the morning, in the evening and in night but still I can't cross the river. Thanks, and forgive my english.

Second, I need a clue for river crossing in the campaign "PMC NAM 1965", in missions: "Missing in action","Turnover" and perhaps "Sweep and clear" that I just started. I know that it is possible only on the river crossings, but since the level of the water is so high, it is impossible to do.

I will try to fix this tide/water issue, but there is not much more to do except to rise the level of Ia Drang terrain itself or change date of the mission. I'll try to get it sorted for next version.

Just one question:

Can I -set/reset- the -mist/heavy mist/wind- gamelogics once the map is loaded? Or is it fixed on mission start? If it is possible, how can I do it?

Let's say I want the mission to start at 4:00pm and the mist to come in 4:20pm.

Can I -set/reset- the -mist/heavy mist/wind- gamelogics once the map is loaded? Or is it fixed on mission start? If it is possible, how can I do it?

You can createVehicle or camcreate(?) gamelogics and then move them around. I havent tried with the VTE logics but I see no reason why they wouldn't work.

Try it out and report back how it works?

Thanks for the quick answer smile_o.gif

I was experimenting with weather and found out that the GDCE weather randomizer actually doesn't work. I have some nasty ideas, and if it is possible what I asked, the next VTD will have some nasty atmospheric weather (random, but it should seem logical). This counts for GDCE too. Altough for most people probably won't be clear how to set up a correct climate for a region. Sorry for going offtopic.

I'll report back soon!