Sign in to follow this  
MilitiaSniper

Most Popular

What are the most popular conversion or mod that the OFP Community is using?

I'm thinking of changing my FFUR 2006.

For something else.

Need your help!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

PS. I wanna make my OFP Gaming, Better than ever!

I just want to make it more realistic. I like the FFUR 2006 conversion. Except the guns jump to much when you shoot them.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

Whats better?

WGL 5.1 or the ECP?

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

ECP "only" changes the effects and enhances the AI, WGL also changes the weapons to be more realistic.

That's a bit simplified, both have things the other mod hasn't, but if you want more realism I'd say try WGL.

But if you have time try ECP too, we played with that before WGL5 and it's really great, too. Old saying from our ECP sessions: "Burning russians don't swear" whistle.gif

Whats better?

WGL 5.1 or the ECP?

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

ECP has nicer effects (and immersion-y stuff like talking people), while WGL is very realistic (noticeable in gameplay, not talking about correct soldiers uniforms etc, i dont give a fuck about that, but they are probably correct aswell tounge2.gif )

ECP says it has improved AI but i dont really know how it works (IIRC), WGL has improved AI which uses a very simple concept but it turns out really well (+it is performance friendly)

EDIT: Ah, just too late tounge2.gif

IMHO i think FFUR2006 is teh best conversion, but it looks like 2.5 will be better but has been delayed again huh.gif

Hey you might want to try FDF. It has realism enhansments and nicer graphics than vanilla OFP. Besides, it's a classic.

I downloaded the WGL.

But man I tell you.., I'm stupid when it comes to renaming stuff the right way. Cause I've in the past screwed things up, by doing that.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

PS.Could someone tell me a easy, EASY way of installing WGL?

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

I use ECP, I think the explosions are so beautiful biggrin_o.gif

me too

They kinda dumbass-proofed it by making it an installer?  Go to their website and DL it

I went to the website. But it just talks about how to install the file by making a new folder and stuff!

So.., Where's the self installer at?

BTW..! Thanks all for your opinions and help!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

PS. Can stand alone addons work with them?

Like: RHS's new releases?

They kinda dumbass-proofed it by making it an installer? Go to their website and DL it

I went to the website. But it just talks about how to install the file by making a new folder and stuff!

So.., Where's the self installer at?

BTW..! Thanks all for your opinions and help!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

PS. Can stand alone addons work with them?

Like: RHS's new releases?

ECP does, dont no about WGL tho...

Man.., I did not like the WGL pack. It was alot like a modified OFP/Res. {Sounds Change!} That seems about it!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

WGL isn't about looks. It's about AI, if you actually make a mission, they will behave totally different from res. FFUR is mainly a visual asthetic, and isn't catered towards realism maniacs, althogh it does change some things.

I would like a merge between WGL and ECP. Both are serious outstanding projects.

I sort of did it once but never again... I took all the values from WGL and added it into ECP (very simplified explanation...)

Today I play WGL because of the gameplay (and FDF ofcourse! )

FFUR is just other peoples addons wrapped up as a total conversion. ECP is a very nice effects package. WGL is something else entirely and imo is the best of the 3.

If you were after visuals only you might have said, but i thought you were after the "most realistic". Try WGL again, it is awesome. Plus i love deployable support weapons biggrin_o.gif

WGL is the best of the 3. At first I missed the eye-pleasing flameball explosions of ECP, now I prefer the gritty explosions of WGL by far. They are oh-so satisfying thumbs-up.gif

If your still having problems with the install, the WGL guys are extremely helpful...

I got, WGL to work finally. But I like the looks effect the most.

ECP seems to be a pain in the butt to get to work. But like some of the last comments. Why not merge all 3 into 1..?

It probably would be a pain in the neck to do. But someone or team would become, "HERO/S!"

I just want to make my, OFP look good and playout better.

What about, Y2K thing? Is that a conversion? And is it good?

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

From all total-conversian mods FDF is still the best. Second is ecp, because it adds a lot of cool features and you can add your own set of units.

I've never understood the fascination of FFUR or WGL. FFUR just seems to be somebodys addon-folder warpped up into one download. And WGL has CWC-like graphics and some changes to the weapon-values. I highly doubt they managed to make significant changes to the AI. I've tested WGL both in SP and MP but have to say it's not better than the normal OFP.

//Deployable support weapons can be found in most addon-packs/mods nowadays (FDF,OFRP,SFP,etc.)

Quote[/b] ]I've never understood the fascination of FFUR or WGL. FFUR just seems to be somebodys addon-folder warpped up into one download

With no offense, you should get a look at it once again to know what you are talking about, of course, the FFUR mod, like several mods around use the best of the community in order to carry out a decent combination that respect the wanted theme and era, but it's not just a "combination" that regroups a bunch of addons and release the pack like that, it's much more than that, otherwise we would have finished a while ago...

Several of us volunteered hundred of hours to make this project a reality on, despite the amount of work we had to face during these 2 years and the various real life issues that everyone could experience...

As mentioned above, the FFUR 2006 has been especially carry out to allow everyone playing again BIS campaigns and missions with the best addons released thus far, and that somehow fit with the current era, respecting modern gear and loadouts of both sides, featuring new effects and countless enhancements.

Furthermore, there is no "best" mod in my judgement, all mods are different in aspect and they can't be compared in the same way, all of them are good as long as people behind' em do their job to the best of their ability.

regards,

Thunderbird84