Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

Quote[/b] ]The lack of a US Publisher means that this game isn't going to come out for *at least* 6 months in the US

woohooo no friendly fire for at least 6 months, best news i heard about arma release since multiple gunners smile_o.gif.

sorry i am half joking but as in real life i always found the u.s players to be more trigeer happy in game.

just my 2 euros.

I think that there is a big difference between what publishers think people in the USA want and what people really want. ...

What you guys think?

I think you may be right.

hola there!!

just read this at http://armedassault.sk/

Quote[/b] ]

StarForce

Poslal retard | 06.11.2006 - 15:15 | Kategória: Armed Assault | Zdroj: - | Diskusia (8)

Na oficiálnom BI fóre dnes spoock zaslal príspevok s oficiálnym potvredním že v českej verzii Armed Assault bude ochrana StarForce. Túto informáciu potvrdil Jiri Jakubec z IDEA games.

please translation...

help.gif

hola there!!

Quote[/b] ]

StarForce

Poslal retard | 06.11.2006 - 15:15 | Kategória: Armed Assault | Zdroj: - | Diskusia (8)

Na oficiálnom BI fóre dnes spoock zaslal príspevok s oficiálnym potvredním že v českej verzii Armed Assault bude ochrana StarForce. Túto informáciu potvrdil Jiri Jakubec z IDEA games.

please translation...

help.gif

easy: in the official forum by no. 269 it is "spoock" postet that StarForce nevertheless is contained in ArmA - this information is from IDEA.

At least 30% of the players are in North America.  The rest are distributed accross Europe.

The sales numbers actually indicate that the US market is just about 12% (okay, as you referenced to North America maybe 13% if we add the Canadians, though they might play Moose Hunter instead tounge2.gif ) of the total number of copies sold:

~230,000 in USA vs. Total >2,000,000

I doubt many people in North America will buy the game if it gets delayed here for 6 months. And I doubt they will ever buy another bis game.

I doubt many people in North America will buy the game if it gets delayed here for 6 months. And I doubt they will ever buy another bis game.

I'm here in the US, and would much rather download the game right away then wait 6 months for a copy from the store. It'd do alright in the US from word of mouth then in 6 months when it actually reaches stores, it will already have a pretty firm userbase.

thanks Blackland for the translation smile_o.gif

quite sad to know that Starforce will be used banghead.gif

many troubles with many games....

thanks Blackland for the translation  smile_o.gif

quite sad to know that Starforce will be used  banghead.gif

and the problems are only for the legit users. a crack will be for download in 3 hours.

I think someone mentioned this here or maybe on dl.tv that Starforce is mainly agains "casual copiers" - for people sharing games with friends. Nothing stops hard core pirates...

hola there!!

Quote[/b] ]

StarForce

please translation...

help.gif

easy: in the official forum by no. 269 it is "spoock" postet that StarForce nevertheless is contained in ArmA - this information is from IDEA.

Morphicon emphasized that they wouldn't use Starfoce, ever.

They said so in a number of interviews. Perhaps Akella or LEM use it, though.

And I doubt they will ever buy another bis game.

You are assuming that the majority of people actually pay attention to who games are created by ... they don't. Most potential US players won't know about the game until it's released and even if they are aware that it's late I highly doubt they will choose not to buy it for that reason.

Here in the UK we frequently get US films and TV series 6, even 12 months after their US release - you don't get mass boycotts of films and TV because of that. If you think about it, the idea is pretty absurd - if the game is good who actually cares that the rest of the world played it before you?

I know the US OFP fans are frustrated, but nonsensical predictions and scare mongering are not going to make a US publisher suddenly decide to sign the game - nor will you get it much faster even if they do. Instead of wasting your energy attacking BIS here why don't you start a petition of all the US games publishers - show them that demand exists and help BIS (and yourselves).

Lets face it, most of the people that will buy Arma are OFP fans.

There's yet to be a game or a movie that gets released with a 3 months + delay from Europe to North America. If Bis does this with Arma, it will piss off every ofp player in North America. And they will just move on to something else and forget about it.

Sure some games have delays, but they are maximum a month. And most people care about who publishes and makes the game.

If thats the scenario, which I hope it isn't, then Amra will be pirated big time.

thanks Blackland for the translation smile_o.gif

quite sad to know that Starforce will be used banghead.gif

I'm guessing that this is just a case of Chinese whispers. Idea used starforce in the press demos but said that copy protection for the final games was down to the publishers to announce. (Idea historically refuse to comment on what decisions have been made by the publisher, they prefer you ask the publisher directly).

Idea were probably confirming to Spoock that starforce was used in the press demos - someone mis-read or mis-understood what was said by Spoock here on the forums and a couple of translations later everyone thinks the final release uses Starforce. icon_rolleyes.gif

well i asked in the czech thread and they said.

Quote[/b] ]Quote (oneoff @ Nov. 06 2006,22:18)

sorry for english.

there is a debate about spooks starforce post, is it confirmed by idea that starfarce will be used in czech arma crazy_o.gif ?

Yes. It seems to be official. Very sad, but what we can do? Boycott ArmA? Hmm... wait for UK release and order online?

i just hope to fecking god 505 games dont go down that road or its

ofp until game2 for moi.

Wow it's starforce get the fuck over it. I'm happy aslong as I know I'll be able to purchase and play ArmA I don't care what copy protection there is.

these are forums if you will buy it with starforce , good for you , just put that . no need for the "Wow it's starforce get the f... over it".

i have not said what you should do, so pls post your view and dont

direct others how they should feel.

Wow it's starforce get the fuck over it. I'm happy aslong as I know I'll be able to purchase and play ArmA I don't care what copy protection there is.

If Starforce was just a simple form of copy protection then few people would really mind, but it's a nasty piece of software which is actually responsible for destroying the CDRom drives of users (no urban legend) it also makes machines extremely unstable.

The mechanism used by Starforce (device driver level integration) is also controversial - if you don't immediately dislike the concept then it would be pretty hard to explain why that is objectionable, just trust that it's a "bad thing".

CD copy protection, whilst not exactly welcome, is ok by me. Starforce is not.

Lets face it, most of the people that will buy Arma are OFP fans.  

There's yet to be a game or a movie that gets released with a 3 months + delay from Europe to North America.  If Bis does this with Arma, it will piss off every ofp player in North America.  And they will just move on to something else and forget about it

If thats the scenario, which I hope it isn't, then Amra will be pirated big time.

Can you tell me what game they will move onto in that time?? Its just i dont see what other game is around like this, at this time. If there is a game ill move onto it myself, so what is the game your thinking of.

Are you implying that their life revolves around a game, and they must have it?

Look at oblivion. They delayed the game so much, it lost the majority of its fan base. You think that won't happen with arma?

I'm in North America and I'll wait. I don't have much of a problem with it. There isn't anything else to switch too anyway. NOT ONE SINGLE game is coming soon that appeals to me like AA.

It's kinda like money - doesn't matter when I get it, I'll spend it.

I just bought Space Empires V. The last patch broke it. In a few days they're releaseing a fix patch. NP here.

(I wait well but I still come here to find out when it's coming)

Well you have time. I wont wait, and Im sure others won't as well.

Ill just lose interest in ofp and arma and game2.

Are you implying that their life revolves around a game, and they must have it?  

Look at oblivion.  They delayed the game so much, it lost the majority of its fan base.  You think that won't happen with arma?

Agreed

I'll say again, why are you complaining here? It won't change a thing. I'm not sure if our US cousins are familiar with the saying "There's no use crying over spilt milk"?

If you stopped posting here and instead tried emailing a few publishers, now that might actually change the situation.

To be honest, I couldn't really care who the US publisher is. As long as they release Armed Assault within a resonable date, and can meet demand, then it's fine. However, EA sucks, and I hope it's not them. If it is, we can expect a few expansion packs or rushed patches. crazy_o.gif