Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

The German publisher "Morphicon" says that about alternatives of StarForce is tought. A decision was not made yet. Whether it is correct?

Well you have time.  I wont wait, and Im sure others won't as well.

Ill just lose interest in ofp and arma and game2.

I bet you dont lose interest. Your just saying that because your angry that others will be playing it in a few days time and you wont. There is nothing you can do about it other then board a plane for the Czech Republic. Your not the only one that is going to have to wait, most of Europe has to wait till next year.

If I come across a czech version on ebay or something I'll buy it. Just to keep it in my bed and make love with it inlove.gif maybe I'll post some shocking photos of it as well..

So has anyone heard any information regarding it's official release in 3 days? I haven't seen any news or anything regarding it..

Please inform me...

So the game in Poland will be out in 3 days?

no, actually in 17 days smile_o.gif - 24.11.2006

thats right, right on my birthday smile_o.gif

It will be sooooo easy for my brother in Poland to pick a present for me this year and mail to the USA smile_o.gif

Hey, I remember a discussion here about a demo being released after the game hits its gold status. What is a gold status?

I thought this is something such as "million copies sold". Am I wrong? A IT tech writer told me that:

""gold" status in the software world typically refers to "golden master"

which is the final version of a software before it is released to manufacturing."

Which would mean that the game is in gold status already, or, if it is not, thats a bad news...

your quite right, that does mean gold status, and we were told we'd ge the demo no sooner, however if you read the small print it says they will start working on the demo when it goes gold and we would get a press release telling us that it had gone gold. all in all i think it prob is gold but they forgot to tell us thumbs-up.gif

Let's think what are the possibilities using common sense, if the game is to be released in 10th of November:

1. The game has gone gold and has been given to publisher without making it known that the game has gone gold. It is highly unlikely but still a possibility. If the game has gone gold then all the versions will be released as scheduled in all countries, since i don't think they will have many gold copies.

2. The game has not gone cold. In this case there is not way they can release on the 10th as today is the 7th and you need some time to burn copies, packaging, transfering into the stores warehouses and is highly unlikely that will happen in 2.5 days.

Some more facts:

- Germany and UK are probably the biggest gaming markets (in sales volumes) in Europe.

- Germany released is scheduled for 30th of November.

- UK released via 505 is scheduled for early Feb 2007.

Given that it has to go gold in november in order to be released end of november in germany that means that will have a gold version sitting doing nothing until Feb while people can buy from amazon.de and modders will modify subtitles and voices in no time.

I find it highly unlikely that game will be released with 2 months difference.

What i think it will happen is this:

A demo will be released around mid December or before xmas. BIS will use that demo for community feedback and to iron out bugs and incopatabilities with hardware and other small last minute changes. Simultaneously release end of January for all markets..

just my two cents...

Arma has gone gold. 30 November release in Germany confirmed..

Spotted on Bluesnews.

"Bohemia Interactive announces that the German edition of Armed Assault is gold."

Arma has gone gold. 30 November release in Germany confirmed..

Spotted on Bluesnews.

its gold when placebo say its gold. Till then its speculation. Its not been official yet, correct me if im wrong.

I won't believe this until I will see a message from Placebo on this forum or some news on armedassault.com or bistudio.com!

Let's think what are the possibilities using common sense, if the game is to be released in 10th of November:

1. The game has gone gold and has been given to publisher without making it known that the game has gone gold. It is highly unlikely but still a possibility. If the game has gone gold then all the versions will be released as scheduled in all countries, since i don't think they will have many gold copies.

2. The game has not gone cold. In this case there is not way they can release on the 10th as today is the 7th and you need some time to burn copies, packaging, transfering into the stores warehouses and is highly unlikely that will happen in 2.5 days.

Well there is one catch about this theory.

BIS is publishing it in Czech themselfs, so they probably just have to burn everything and ship it and if someone would be able to look at one of BIS' offices they will probably see a lot of trucks waiting to drive as fast as they can to different stores and such wink_o.gif

Ah well, there has allready been a statement that german version is gold.

So Czech is also gold or Morphicon forced BIS to golden the german version.

Where is DEMO ?  rofl.gif

I could be mean and post a link to a website which would pay me 2 cents for a hit. I would probably make $2 during these 2 minutes before my post would get deleted and myself banned smile_o.gif

I could be mean and post a link to a website which would pay me 2 cents for a hit. I would probably make $2 during these 2 minutes before my post would get deleted and myself banned smile_o.gif

don't cause caos!!! biggrin_o.gif

don't cause caos!!!  biggrin_o.gif

do you remember this famous RPG on Amiga - "Chaos Strikes Back"? I think you get get it on pocket pc now.

to link or not to link smile_o.gif

don't cause caos!!! biggrin_o.gif

do you remember this famous RPG on Amiga - "Chaos Strikes Back"? I think you get get it on pocket pc now.

to link or not to link smile_o.gif

i once played caos engine..

they link should be officially anouced by mods and not a member smile_o.gif