Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

Just created this to have all the release dates and countries in one thread to avoid the creation of multiple threads the similar info.<snip>

It just occurred to me that, being American, that I was reading the dates wrong. For my fellow Americans, here are the "Americanized" dates.

EU&others 505 Games q1 2007 (See "Countries included on 505 distribution" section)

Austria Morphicon 11/30/06

Czech Republic BIS&JRC&CQE 11/10/06

Germany Morphicon 11/30/06

Poland Lem 11/10/06

Russia Akella 11/28/06

Switzerland Morphicon 11/30/06

Slovakia BIS&JRC&CQE 11/10/06

Not that any of them make much difference for us, since there's no American publisher (yet... at least I hope that is the operative word). sad_o.gifbanghead.gif

Taken from armed-assault.net:

Quote[/b] ]ArmedAssaults.de claims to have official news on the demo version:

Apparently Placebo told a user named Woody that the demo version would be built once all Eastern countries have reached Gold. The pressure's now on Akella and LEM, they are responsible for localization in those areas.

Could we have confirmation or is it another misunderstanding of some sort?

It just occurred to me that, being American, that I was reading the dates wrong.  For my fellow Americans, here are the "Americanized" dates.

EU&others         505 Games        q1 2007   (See "Countries included on 505 distribution" section)

Austria              Morphicon        11/30/06

Czech Republic  BIS&JRC&CQE  11/10/06

Germany           Morphicon        11/30/06

Poland              Lem                  11/10/06

Russia              Akella               11/28/06

Switzerland       Morphicon         11/30/06

Slovakia           BIS&JRC&CQE  11/10/06

Not that any of them make much difference for us, since there's no American publisher (yet... at least I hope that is the operative word).   sad_o.gif   banghead.gif

poland changed to my birthday, 11/24. You may want to update so there is no chaos

How do those websites know arma has gone gold when it hasn't been announced to the community yet, or are these websites just talking through there ar$e. i hope they are because Mr Placebo told us it would be announced on here in an effort to appease the people that were screaming out for a demo, i'm not expecting the demo now cos they said the work would start on the demo when the game went gold however it would nice if the guy kept his word about there being news on here for us when it happened

What if there just hiding the fact its gone Gold, so that we dont start asking where the demo is. Dont you think its strange for them to release a demo 4 - 6 months before the United Kingdom release next year. I bet this is the next disappointment where all going to get not seeing the demo for months.

How do those websites know arma has gone gold when it hasn't been announced to the community yet, or are these websites just talking through there ar$e. i hope they are because Mr Placebo told us it would be announced on here in an effort to appease the people that were screaming out for a demo, i'm not expecting the demo now cos they said the work would start on the demo when the game went gold however it would nice if the guy kept his word about there being news on here for us when it happened

http://morphicon.de/

*going to edit this because i just read the thread like 3 places down, atleast its gold now, but we still have to wait on the ruskies to get their ar$se in gear before we get a demo. at last some movement! biggrin_o.gif

Just created this to have all the release dates and countries in one thread to avoid the creation of multiple threads the similar info.<snip>

It just occurred to me that, being American, that I was reading the dates wrong.  For my fellow Americans, here are the "Americanized" dates.

EU&others         505 Games        q1 2007   (See "Countries included on 505 distribution" section)

Austria              Morphicon        11/30/06

Czech Republic  BIS&JRC&CQE  11/10/06

Germany           Morphicon        11/30/06

Poland              Lem                  11/10/06

Russia              Akella               11/28/06

Switzerland       Morphicon         11/30/06

Slovakia           BIS&JRC&CQE  11/10/06

Not that any of them make much difference for us, since there's no American publisher (yet... at least I hope that is the operative word).   sad_o.gif   banghead.gif

isnt austria supposed to get an english version ?

It just occurred to me that, being American, that I was reading the dates wrong. For my fellow Americans, here are the "Americanized" dates.

EU&others 505 Games q1 2007 (See "Countries included on 505 distribution" section)

Austria Morphicon 11/30/06

Czech Republic BIS&JRC&CQE 11/10/06

Germany Morphicon 11/30/06

Poland Lem 11/10/06

Russia Akella 11/28/06

Switzerland Morphicon 11/30/06

Slovakia BIS&JRC&CQE 11/10/06

Not that any of them make much difference for us, since there's no American publisher (yet... at least I hope that is the operative word). sad_o.gifbanghead.gif

isnt austria supposed to get an english version ?

Why should Austria get an english version? We speak german as well. huh.gif

What if there just hiding the fact its gone Gold, so that we dont start asking where the demo is. Dont you think its strange for them to release a demo 4 - 6 months before the United Kingdom release next year. I bet this is the next disappointment where all going to get not seeing the demo for months.

Not necassarily. I came across the Freelancer demo and became absolutely hooked. Saw the release date and thought "brilliant, that's only about two weeks away". Then I was mortified to discover that that date was purely the US release date - the EU/UK release date wasn't for another two months or so.

Who knows - they might release a localised demo - i.e. a Czech\German\Russian etc one in the near future, and an English language one closer to the UK release. But I doubt they will do that. And I also don't think they would put off releasing a demo just to suit a market that will come into play eventually when they'll want to maximise everything from a market they already have open. And for that, they'll want to get as many people in that open market hooked with a demo as possible.

we can confirm that the German version is GOLD already.

That said for can anyone confirm that the release date will be at 30/11/06, or will it suffer some changes?

Not necassarily. I came across the Freelancer demo and became absolutely hooked. Saw the release date and thought "brilliant, that's only about two weeks away". Then I was mortified to discover that that date was purely the US release date - the EU/UK release date wasn't for another two months or so.

Who knows - they might release a localised demo - i.e. a Czech\German\Russian etc one in the near future, and an English language one closer to the UK release. But I doubt they will do that. And I also don't think they would put off releasing a demo just to suit a market that will come into play eventually when they'll want to maximise everything from a market they already have open. And for that, they'll want to get as many people in that open market hooked with a demo as possible.

I see what you saying, but in your post you mention that you were mortified...that the game was going to be 2 months away. The thing i am looking at, is how long do people play demos before they want the real thing. I normally play a demo for about a week before i get bored of the same thing. Normally games companys release demos just before release, to get people intrested in there game. Ill be suprised if people are still playing the demo in 4-6 months.

Don't think they'll release a demo until 2007. Releasing a demo now which creates publicity and not have a way to aquire the game except foreigh purchase, is like shooting yourself in the foot - as it inspires piracy.

Of course, releasing the game in separate countries with months apart is already like shooting yourself in the foot, so who knows, maybe we'll get lucky...

so, looks like we will wake up on Friday and the guys in czech republic will be playing already. I wonder how long will it take before it hits P2P. we will have a real demo then....

saying that, I will most probably buy 3 copies as soon as possible, they will make great gifts

I see what you saying, but in your post you mention that you were mortified...that the game was going to be 2 months away. The thing i am looking at, is how long do people play demos before they want the real thing. I normally play a demo for about a week before i get bored of the same thing. Normally games companys release demos just before release, to get people intrested in there game. Ill be suprised if people are still playing the demo in 4-6 months.

Well actually, and to echo what Wamingo talked about, that is ironic because I have to admit to taking certain desperate and shameful measures because I wanted to play Freelancer immediately and not wait bloody ages because the release date in my area was rediculously far behind. I ended up buying the game once it was released in the UK, but to begin with...

What my point was that at that point, Microsoft seemingly couldn't give a toss, and released the demo long before the EU version was in the shops - because they wanted to appeal to Americans - their main or immediate audience. I guess the question is who does BIS consider their main audience - Eastern Europe or the territories that 505 are going to distribute in. That's not a rhetorical question, I'm just saying.

What I'm hoping for, if the ArmA demo is released very soon and we have to make do with it until Feb or whenever, is that it's as modifyable as the original OFP demo was. I remember playing that for some months, during which time people had released an unofficial mission editor for it, and already some pretty impressive missions had been made. We got quite a lot of game out of the SE quater of Malden.

Of course my dream is that BIS announce universal digital purchasing some time soon - but that's very easy for me to say. tounge2.gif

I'm confused why the U.S. is being ignored by BIS. I realize we are not the main market, but at least give us some information. Plans, strategy, but just leaving us out to try is kinda bs.

Later,

John

BIS isn't ignoring us,our publishers are ignoring them.

and how do you know that? icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm beginning to feel this is a fiasco.

How come people are saying the game has gone gold, when This website has not said it. I will be annoyed if this is the case. I belived this site would give me all the information i needed. So can anyone from BIS tell me if the game has gone Gold?? or do i have to check other sites.

and how do you know that?  icon_rolleyes.gif

yeah you are totally right, BIS dont want to sell this game at all, especially not to americans, so whats why they dont have a US publisher...

Why didnt we think of that earlier!? You are so smart! biggrin_o.gif

How come people are saying the game has gone gold, when This website has not said it. I will be annoyed if this is the case. I belived this site would give me all the information i needed. So can anyone from BIS tell me if the game has gone Gold?? or do i have to check other sites.

link 8th post.

yeah you are totally right, BIS dont want to sell this game at all, especially not to americans, so whats why they dont have a US publisher...

oh please.

Clearly they are unable to negotiate a deal.

oh please.

Clearly they are unable to negotiate a deal.

Of course not,because we americans want too much,my guess would be that they would want the rights to the Armed Assault title or something and BIS does NOT want that.