Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

BIS isn't ignoring us,our publishers are ignoring them.

and how do you know that?  :rolleyes:

yeah you are totally right, BIS dont want to sell this game at all, especially not to americans, so whats why they dont have a US publisher...

Why didnt we think of that earlier!? You are so smart! :D

oh please.

Clearly they are unable to negotiate a deal.

Imo ArmA (the Flashpoint universe) is just too 'European' for US publishers to digest. It is no surprise that even in Europe ArmA ends up being published by relatively small/unknown publishers.

Perhaps US publishers are interested if ArmA was to be americanized, but imo BIS would not go for this (they just stick to what they think is right).

My guess is that meyamoti is right.

But hey, if the english language version is released i see no probs in US gamers ordering it from UK or something ... you just don't find it in your local gameshop, but then again, this game is clearly not for your average gamer.

and how do you know that? icon_rolleyes.gif

yeah you are totally right, BIS dont want to sell this game at all, especially not to americans, so whats why they dont have a US publisher...

Why didnt we think of that earlier!? You are so smart! biggrin_o.gif

oh please.

If they never intended to market or have a US release or a US publisher why the hell did they use US forces in the game icon_rolleyes.gif

If they wanted to send a message to ignore the US market base and players you would have seen European NATO forces as "West" and never even bothered a memo to those of us across the pond.

and how do you know that?  icon_rolleyes.gif

Why didnt we think of that earlier!? You are so smart! biggrin_o.gif

oh please.

Clearly they are unable to negotiate a deal.

Thats not BI's fault, its the fault of your publishers who apparently arent interested enough in the game wink_o.gif

Thats not BI's fault, its the fault of your publishers who apparently arent interested enough in the game wink_o.gif

Excuse me, but why BIS ignoring the possibility of the STEAM distribution?

Simple, no problem where you live, if you have an internet connection and a bankcard capable to use in internet payment, you can use it.

Yep, many people hate the STEAM system, but i think most of the ArmA fan are can accept it, exchange for the earlier release (remember, no official english version at least 3 more month! ), and the easier option of buying when live an undistributed area, like the US.

Personally i decided to buy an Czech version, with the help of the hungarian OFP scene, and hope there is an way to translate to english or hungarian (when we get it, we see it). It's an hard choice, i'm angry toward the BIS, because the distribution problems (again: online distribution), but i try to respect their work. I hope they deserve it after all... smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Personally i decided to buy an Czech version, with the help of the hungarian OFP scene, and hope there is an way to translate to english or hungarian (when we get it, we see it). It's an hard choice, i'm angry toward the BIS, because the distribution problems

Your kidding right?

Quote[/b] ]Personally i decided to buy an Czech version, with the help of the hungarian OFP scene, and hope there is an way to translate to english or hungarian (when we get it, we see it). It's an hard choice, i'm angry toward the BIS, because the distribution problems

Your kidding right?

About what?

About to buy an Czech version even if i dont understand?

No. I'm serious. (call me fanatic crazy_o.gif )

About the feelings toward the BIS, because the distribution problems.

No. I'm dont know why the BIS dont try to distribute the ArmA under STEAM, or try to make an alternative methode, like an Czech made english version, can be bought online, and send by mail or UPS/FedEx/Etc...

How should i know? We all know that the game IS going to be sold trough some downloadable form, but they wont do that before 505 is done releasing the game (Probably because it would hurt the sales of 505 so 505 dont want it happening before they released the game). wink_o.gif

so is the Chez release date still 10/11/06?? or is it 14/11/06?  i'm confused  crazy_o.gif

sure it's still 10th November..err yesterday biggrin_o.gif Where did you read 14th November? icon_rolleyes.gif

How should i know? We all know that the game IS going to be sold trough some downloadable form, but they wont do that before 505 is done releasing the game (Probably because it would hurt the sales of 505 so 505 dont want it happening before they released the game). wink_o.gif

Yepp, and you think this little fault, wich cost months for the english version (and if the online distribution are reality, then the worldwide) release, are absolutely not connected to BIS? Ohh, come on...

Yepp, and you think this little fault, wich cost months for the english version (and if the online distribution are reality, then the worldwide) release, are absolutely not connected to BIS? Ohh, come on...

Its not a fault, its probably something BIS had to agree on when signing the deal with 505.. (and no, i dont think that BIS made a bad decision with 505 as a publisher, if they wanted they could have released this game earlier but because they never found a publisher (or one that would agree with BIS terms, alot of publishers demand that they have something to say about the development of the game, BIS isnt a company who would allow that), they continued to develop the game until they found a publisher)

But no, i think BIS just hates Americans, so they NEVER EVER GET TO PLAY THE GAME!

They just dont like the biggest part of Europe, so they will have to wait a few months before they can play. Ofcourse BIS dont want to make any money at all, so they would never want to sell this game as much as possible.. rofl.gifnener.gif

@ Cifu - How can you possibly hate BIS??? icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Hatred != Anger.

Its not a fault, its probably something BIS had to agree on when signing the deal with 505.. (and no, i dont think that BIS made a bad decision with 505 as a publisher, if they wanted they could have released this game earlier but because they never found a publisher (or one that would agree with BIS terms, alot of publishers demand that they have something to say about the development of the game, BIS isnt a company who would allow that), they continued to develop the game until they found a publisher)

But no, i think BIS just hates Americans, so they NEVER EVER GET TO PLAY THE GAME!

They just dont like the biggest part of Europe, so they will have to wait a few months before they can play. Ofcourse BIS dont want to make any money at all, so they would never want to sell this game as much as possible.. rofl.gifnener.gif

[joke]

Hehe, who knows, maybe you are right, and the BIS never want to we play the game... biggrin_o.gif

[/joke]

Perhaps we never understand what behind the decisions of BIS, even you are only guessing. But after all, i feel a little betrayed about this distribution mishap...

Probably because STEAM is the devil, and personally I'd rather wait another four months for ArmA than have to install that trash on my precious laptop.

When registering through steam if you don't have internet you pretty much cannot play the game,you have to decrypt the files once you download it and if your account is banned you cannot do it anymore,install disk doesn't give you this issue.

Probably because STEAM is the devil, and personally I'd rather wait another four months for ArmA than have to install that trash on my precious laptop.

Thank you! Been discussed and those against it heavily outnumbered those for it.

When registering through steam if you don't have internet you pretty much cannot play the game,

False. If you wont have internet connection, the STEAM offer you to start as offline. You can play any games you have under STEAM. Anybody can try it, who has STEAM...

Quote[/b] ]you have to decrypt the files once you download it and if your account is banned you cannot do it anymore,install disk doesn't give you this issue.

When you account are banned, you do something, wich is illegal, like try to use false card numbers, or use cracked STEAM files. When you accept the term of use, you accept this.

I (and many of my mates) use the STEAM for years. In the early years, yes, even i hated very much. About the last two years, i bought and play many STEAM distributed games (HL2, Sin:Episodes, Red Orchestra, etc.). Dont have any problem with it, even complete computer change are solved easly. The last problem i has, when i try to use my card number, and the STEAM reject it, i wrote an e-mail to the support, and within 24 hours i get an answer, then i can use my card without problem. This was happened in 2004...

So if you wont have experience with STEAM, dont try to criticsm...

Thank you! Been discussed and those against it heavily outnumbered those for it.

And how many people argued against the STEAM? A Dozen? Perhaps twenty? A little more? Accept it: the masses of players are not exits in this forum. The STEAM has several million account. At least thousands of STEAM users interest to bought ArmA. And if your one of the many country, wich wont have ArmA distributor, this is the only real way to get the game legally, easly and relatively painfully. Wich is better?

If you wont like STEAM, no problemo, wait until you can get somehow the game. But actually in the situation, like currently the BIS and ArmA have, the STEAM (or similar type of online distribution) imho the best option. If you know a better way, then go on, and enlight me...

BIS never throw away online distribution over Steam or similar service ...

it's just not easy as products need some "touches" to be released this way

+ Steam got certain level of quality to meet before gaining "approved" green light ...

and don't diss Steam it's TOP1 online content distibution system  with 10-15 milion users

followed by way smaller indie projects like Gamers Gate and TotalGaming

there exist CD2drive (but C2D is not exactly CDS but more pure example of DRM hell@earth) ...

BoontyBox is another example of DRM badware infection

EA Link (rebranded EA downloader) is (for now) joke as CDS and definitely worse than old beta Steam ...

there is no reason to be against ArmAs to appear on Steam (no compatibility problem against non steam builds in MP)

IF it appear later in retail and "maybe" other CDS services ...remember more options = more sales

Do I have to start banning people for turning every thread into a Steam thread? Please quit it already.

hey, Placebo, how do you feel reading post of all this ArmA hungry people begging you to take their money in the exchange for the Game?

I hope you guys are as excited as we all are smile_o.gif

hey, Placebo, how do you feel reading post of all this ArmA hungry people begging you to take their money in the exchange for the Game?

wink_o.gif

So ArmA is released

now? yay.gifyay.gif

Funny thing: at 0:00 exactly the boards were unreachable for a moment: too many mySQL connections smile_o.gif

wink_o.gif

Hmmmm.

500.000 lines of code.

Months making island/textures/animations.

Hmmmmm

I think they are excited.