Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

Do you think once you hit a small audience through the net you would then be able to convince a UK publisher to pick it up?

Last time I posted about OFP2 on an MMORPG board I had around 100 replies in about 12 hours. Those players are all over europs and members of various clans.

anyway, if finally theres is only an online distribution i hope the at least the game will be on english, both voices and subtitles, so we can edit the csv to translate it smile_o.gif

Do you think once you hit a small audience through the net you would then be able to convince a UK publisher to pick it up?

Last time I posted about OFP2 on an MMORPG board I had around 100 replies in about 12 hours. Those players are all over europs and members of various clans.

oh of course, it cant do any harm advertising the game through public game forums, spreading the SP and MP demo around and see the feedback.

frandsen, if the scandinavians dont get a release date at the same time as the UK, i'll ship one over from the UK (assuming that gets a release date too)

Updated with demo and online distribution and sources, but dont worry, still no date wink_o.gif

Poland              Lem                  N/A

IDEA GAMES announced final date of premiere ArmA (Czech, Russian and Polish version) on 10 November smile_o.gif

link plz? smile_o.gif

Link

Quote[/b] ]Przewidywana data premiery:

10 Listopada 2006

Foreseen date of premiere:

10 November

smile_o.gif

oh of course, it cant do any harm advertising the game through public game forums, spreading the SP and MP demo around and see the feedback.

frandsen, if the scandinavians dont get a release date at the same time as the UK, i'll ship one over from the UK (assuming that gets a release date too)

Cool bro.

Im considering to do a ArmA run to germany if Skandinavia is lagging behind.

We did the same thing with resistance, the release was 10 delayed so i took a (abt)200km detour from where i live to germany and then to the center of denmark for lan biggrin_o.gifwhistle.gif

But still, Skandinavia is 3 or 4 contrys, thats a lot of ground to miss ( *cought*BIS dagnabbit) so any one know any one to poke for a date ?

Surely BIS could just sell the game online to the countries who havent got a distributor?

If I were BIS I would get a striking ad banner and send it to every OFP league currently running. Fans of the game would then click the banner which would go straight to an order form for each country. All the game magazine online reviews could also link to the BIS shop where interested gamers could buy it.

If BIS cannot get a publisher then they should ship the game out straight from the factory to interested gamers - it would save them some money too because they wouldnt have to pay a publishers fee.

The other way would be to sell it exclusively through online shops like Amazon or Play.com

Surely BIS could just sell the game online to the countries who havent got a distributor?

If I were BIS I would get a striking ad banner and send it to every OFP league currently running. Fans of the game would then click the banner which would go straight to an order form for each country. All the game magazine online reviews could also link to the BIS shop where interested gamers could buy it.

If BIS cannot get a publisher then they should ship the game out straight from the factory to interested gamers - it would save them some money too because they wouldnt have to pay a publishers fee.

The other way would be to sell it exclusively through online shops like Amazon or Play.com

Quote[/b] ]Surely BIS could just sell the game online to the countries who havent got a distributor?

They could, but I think we don't have to worry about that one as most countries will have their distributors in place.

Quote[/b] ]If I were BIS I would get a striking ad banner and send it to every OFP league currently running. Fans of the game would then click the banner which would go straight to an order form for each country. All the game magazine online reviews could also link to the BIS shop where interested gamers could buy it.

Great idea for the existing community, but I think they also want to reach other communities and the youngsters amoung us.

Quote[/b] ]If BIS cannot get a publisher then they should ship the game out straight from the factory to interested gamers - it would save them some money too because they wouldnt have to pay a publishers fee.

Great idea would be to buy the game online somewhere...

It probably wouldn't come from a factory, as publishers are the usual ones with the capacity to make the cd's, hence "publish" in publishers smile_o.gif

More than likely if it comes from BIS it's going to be an online download which I would go that route and download personally.

I hope they will sell it online before 2007. Because if i have to wait for a Dvd version it will never come where i live , Is a shame that games like ARMA dont have Worldwide publisher.

Is a shame that games like ARMA dont have Worldwide publisher.

It looks so, doesn't it? On the other hand though, would you like a global publisher to take over BIS?

No, thanks!

This "when will you release the game" pressure needs to stop people. There's so many things in the world you can do in the meantime wink_o.gif (well at least I hope you do rofl.gif )

The computer industry moves that fast that in 3 months the engine and the grphics will probably be behind the times or at least run of the mill. So every week its spends in development is a weeks market lead lost in the country in question.

If you don't get you product on the market as soon as its ready you could lose out. You're old hat before you've even got off the blocks.

With a mulitplayer game its also important to get everyone going at the same time to create a thriving online community to support the game. Online clans are responsible for spreading the word. Its no good now logging in Poland to find no games because the Brits don't have it. Same as its no good a Brit logging on in 12 months to find the Polish guy has gone to play something else.

I don't see anything wrong with game fans getting excited about getting their hands on Armed Assault.

a global publisher would be nice, but it looks like that ArmA wont get one!

as Kos´aak wrote, be happy that EA is not publishing ArmA! wink_o.gif

there r good and bad things with a global publisher.

a very good thing would be the advertisment they would have done and the "same" release date all over the world.

its sad that there r only so less countries with publisher...lets hope that the other countries get a publisher soon too!!!

thumbs-up.gif

The computer industry moves that fast that in 3 months the engine and the grphics will probably be behind the times or at least run of the mill. So every week its spends in development is a weeks market lead lost in the country in question.

Have you been following updates ranging from E3 to GC? I think they sum it up pretty good.

I just hope BIS. the responsible corporation that they are is reading this thread.

I hope they see how their fan base is desperately trying to get their hands on this game and release it to the rest of the community as soon as humanly possible.

Thank you

Nothing official yet I think.

I have a slightly idea that K.E. Media is the Scandinavian publisher.

They look to be suited for the job.

seems quite obvious to me wink_o.gif

Any of the games going to be in English? I live in the US, but if Czech or some other country sells it in English I'll purchase it from there.

I have a bunch of CD burners, LEMME PUBLISH THE US VERSION!

I'm wondering if I can just buy a European version in English too.

that should be the hole idea!

infact English is the Universal language so ARMA should be in english version.

infact English is the Universal language so ARMA should be in english version.

rofl.gif

Just had to share my amusement!

Chinese is the most spoken language in the world. So why shouldn't ArmA be in chinese? icon_rolleyes.gif