Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

IDEA games together with BVV prepared interesting series of presentations for Digitex Developer Point, game developers meeting at the biggest technology expo in the Czech Republic, Invex. Come to hear about game development directly from the developers:

Wednesday 11.10.2006

10:30 IDEA games introduction

11:00 ALTAR games is presenting UFO: Afterlight

12:30 Bohemia Interactive is presenting ArmA

13:00 Black Element Software is presenting Alpha Prime

Good day for give your F%*µ@g Demos, Bis

2007, Pfff

Bad news

[repeat]If 505 got the game or deal earlyer we would have the game around christmas/november time[/repeat]

[repeat]It takes time to mass produce a game for all those countrys in Europe[/repeat]

[repeat]Stop Complaining - It will be out when its ready[/repeat]

Be Greatfull that its coming out at all biggrin_o.gif

dont bother Matt... people here seem too ignorant to consider that publishing a game for the whole of europe (minus germany) takes a little longer than 2 weeks - its a lost cause, let them piss and moan.

dont bother Matt... people here seem too ignorant to consider that publishing a game for the whole of europe (minus germany) takes a little longer than 2 weeks - its a lost cause, let them piss and moan.

Yeah, I'm quite surprised by all this bitching and moaning for this little delay. Untill yesterday all were praising for a serious publisher spitting mud on the eventuality BIS would have signed with company such EA and so on. Now that finally BIS found the right publisher, a publisher which I'm sure let BIS with all the necessary "freedom of action" for ArmA all we should be happy for this (as in fact I am).

Now I only hope the "anticipated" release of ArmA in Germany, Czech Repubblic and Russia will not create a "black market" on the net.

Klavan

The beta's released to the press all have images from the menus in english. So it surprises me that none of the publishers will ship an english version from next month, as it clearly is available to them. How many english copies do you think they would sell worldwide if they sold them from a website from next month?

I'd assume that those screenshots are the press demo's, which wouldnt be what the german and czech publishers have.

granted they'd sell alot if they did ship worldwide, but I'd expect that they would have a clause restricting their ability to do so, as 505 gaming would be less than pleased if one of their 'partners' in selling armed assault were to cut into their share.

granted they'd sell alot if they did ship worldwide, but I'd expect that they would have a clause restricting their ability to do so, as 505 gaming would be less than pleased if one of their 'partners' in selling armed assault were to cut into their share.

Last time I checked the publishers do not sell the games themselves. wink_o.gif

I'd assume that those screenshots are the press demo's, which wouldnt be what the german and czech publishers have.

Yeah that's probably a point. I was hoping online distribution would free us from the limitations of pre-historic corporations and their time-consuming, old-school way of distribution.  sad_o.gif

Where's the 21st century when you need it?

Last time I checked the publishers do not sell the games themselves. wink_o.gif

well, i'm sure you understand what I was getting at, due to the use of several publishers with the arma release, an interesting situation would arise if one were to offer to ship to a country where another publisher has a later release date... it would certainly cause some fallout.

online distribution is stll a possibility i hope, so you may still be in luck bunkers. Given that there is no north american publisher as yet it may be still on the cards.

and that will achieve what?

Less whining on these forums wink_o.gif

Although i do wonder how long it will take them to make 1 million dvds + boxes + manuals etc

It takes +-6 hours to print 1 million newspapers, but DVD cases are probably harder to get/make, and i have no idea about the DVDs, but i do know there usually is 1 or 2 weeks between the gold version being sent to the publisher and the game getting to the stores, not 4 months.

Its 505s first PC game, so they may need to change things used for the production, but i dont really have an idea huh.gif

Ill just use the online distribution function, its not really a problem for me. But the game will be sold alot less if it gets released just after christmas, and if reviewers review the game around november/december, and the game gets released in february then alot of gamers may have already forgotten about it...

lol - good point.

as for the time it takes... it may entirely depend on what 505 publishers have available to them, perhaps the company (assuming 505 dont own their own facilities to do the job) who print their manuals, the dvd sleeves and burn their dvds are busy with the other publishers they work for given its the run up to xmas now... and like you said, this being their first PC title I guess they're treading new ground in some respects - after all, this isnt EA we're talking about (thank god)

Ill just use the online distribution function, its not really a problem for me.

Wow. I wish I had your calm. So you think you will be able to download it in your preferred language (english I assume) before it hits the shelves in Q1 2007?

Ill just use the online distribution function, its not really a problem for me.

Wow. I wish I had your calm. So you think you will be able to download it in your preferred language (english I assume) before it hits the shelves in Q1 2007?

AFAIK it will be avaible in english

(Placebo might want to confirm this, it would calm alot of people down)

And if it doesnt.. Well, then ill go to köln to that Christmas market (Dont know what its called) wink_o.gif

Q1 2007huh.gif??

Ill be buggered if i am going to wait that long for a box.

Bring on the online distribution, unless they hold that back until after the box release at the behest of the publisher icon_rolleyes.gif

Q1 2007huh.gif??

Ill be buggered if i am going to wait that long for a box.

Bring on the online distribution, unless they hold that back until after the box release at the behest of the publisher  icon_rolleyes.gif

Well in that case:

pistols.gif Publisher

Placebo, i know this is a little bit offtopic, but the box that bis show us a few weeks ago is the final one? Or is there any chance to use another one like the black or white one showed on the box cover thread? smile_o.gif

Placebo, i know this is a little bit offtopic, but the box that bis show us a few weeks ago is the final one? Or is there any chance to use another one like the black or white one showed on the box cover thread? smile_o.gif

Developers develop games.

Publishers decide all areas of copy protection, release dates, localised languages, box covers.

I'd also like to know whether the downloadable version will be available in English. I wonder if the Q1/07 release for Europe has anything to do with voice acting and translations into English...?

I am still in awe of how weird/confusing this whole thing is, especially with only 1 month left until the supposed release.

Meaning that Europeans have to wait, for the BOX, 3 more months! ARRGGGHH mad_o.gif

It seems to be the common idea that the delay is for 505 to organise the physical production and distrabution of the game.

At the same time we know BIS were working on an online distrabution system.

Could a deal not be done where 505 pay BIS to offer this download to those in their teritories who want to download the game? Or they could even do a deal where you have to pay a little more but you get the download straightaway and the boxed version sent to you when it is ready.

I'd also like to know whether the downloadable version will be available in English.  I  wonder if the Q1/07 release for Europe has anything to do with voice acting and translations into English...?

I am still in awe of how weird/confusing this whole thing is, especially with only 1 month left until the supposed release.

I think things are quite clear now regarding the box release of the game. The last big question now is whether the game will be available for download in english. And if so: when? Placebo has stated they are working on this issue, and I'm sure he will tell us more as soon as he can.

Can we have a sticky post which shows just the release dates for each country?

Most people cant be bothered to trawl through a post which is now 40 pages long looking for this info. pistols.gif

Also any information about how they plan to let players download the game would also be appreciated.

Theres one big problem that I can think of if there is a big difference between release dates in each country and that would be hackers. What if some countries have to wait a couple of months behind others, by which time (and from vast personal OFP experience) the game is full of cheat files within that time.