Sign in to follow this  
Messiah

UKF Major Release

Thanks, I have always used 7zip because it is free and supports many file types, but for some reason it does not like certain rar files.

Going to try the UKF mod right now smile_o.gif

Does this new weapon pack ect overwrite my existing ukf addons? If so will they still work with my mission's and DMA stuff?

very very very strange... i've never seen this and i've spent today trying to replicate the same thing... it must be an addon conflict that I dont have...

as for the MILAN scope... it was a very hard compromise to get a 'working' scope view with the car class... i didnt want to go down the BW route and make the MILAN an AI only vehicle... this was a sort of compromise.

oo by the way, is this why the L1A1s dont have susats, or did u guys just decide to have ironsights as standard?

bootneckofficer

@ actionman:

ukf_ukweps.pbo (Personal weapons) overwrites your old one, but still contains the same weapons as in the old one, it is fully backwards compatible.

ukf_weapons.pbo (Vehicle Weapons) overwrites the old one as well, and is fully backwards compatible

The Land Rover 'patch' will overwrite your ukflr90gs.pbo.

ukf_slmg as contained in the UK Weapons 2.0 rar and the LMG & SUSAT rar is the same as the one in the ogirinal weapons release, nothing has changed. We added that to the rar in case people didnt have it

@ bootneckofficer

Exactly the reason, as we couldn't tell flashpoint where to put the sight, it would always be seen from the eyes of the gunner, thus you had a SUSAT model sitting in the way, hence we went for ironsights. Hopefully armed assault will have fixed this silly problem.

Does this come with the soldiers in the pictures?, I'm not sure if the downloads say that. It's looking good though, nice.

The DPM V2.0 Pack (seen in the screenshots) is, as far as I know, going to be released at some point in the future but has not been released yet.

Thanks for the wonderful UKF mods!  Been having fun with your mission.  I've got a few questions though.

I can't seem to find the javelin anywhere.  Do I have to go into the mission editor to try it out?

My res/addons folder is getting huge and I need some help on where I can find a tutorial on how to make the smaller folders (OT).  I can't remember where I saw this write-up about it.

When will you release your Challenger II tanks?  I just luv your sig with it in there.  smile_o.gif

GD Mast

Appologies I dont think I included the Javelin in the mission.

My Bad whistle.gif

When will you release your Challenger II tanks? I just luv your sig with it in there. smile_o.gif

When I've finished it to a standard I am pleased with. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Appologies I dont think I included the Javelin in the mission.

No biggie...I just can't seem to find it in the mission editor.

Thanks DKM Jaguar for your answer.  Look forward to it's release when it's ready.   smile_o.gif

GD Mast

IM a bit confused, do the British SF use the C8 or SFW, or both? I had always assumed it was the SFW they used (C8 with longer barrel and other improvements)

Mast,I had the same problem,just check 1 page back.Here is what to do.Type this in the init box:

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "ukf_JavelinMag"; this addweapon "ukf_JavelinLauncher"

Then you will have your Jave.Word to the wise,point her to the sky and let er rip.

IM a bit confused, do the British SF use the C8 or SFW, or both? I had always assumed it was the SFW they used (C8 with longer barrel and other improvements)

we use the a weapon under the  L119A1 guise and i believe that is the SFW not a c8 messiah or someone please set me straight with your "intel"

Thanks dkell3 for pointing that out but I'm a noob to opening up .pbo files.  I checked back a couple of pages and saw what to do.  Which .pbo file do I need to open up and can I do that with notepad?

Also saw the info for making mod folders by Rhodite, is there a webpage on how to make them with instructions?

GD Mast

Do you mean,where you put the pbo.files for the addons.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "UKF_Javelinmag"; this addweapon "UKF_JavelinLauncher"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30mag"; this addweapon "UKF_SA80"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30mag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30mag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30mag"; this addmagazine "JAM_W556_30mag"; this addweapon "Binocular"; this addmagazine "ukf_bayonet"

The rifle that won the british special forces weapon trials is a modified diemaco SFW featuring a forged forntsight and the bottom rail of the RAS is modified too also have locking mechanisem like the top rail and recoile pad these modifications was made to acomondate the AG-C grenade launcher.

STGN

You released an addon with the gun in it, thats why we are discusing it, or is discusing the addon is not alowed here? i am sory if thats the case.

STGN

Feel free to discuss the Diemaco C8 addon. Just please don't turn it into a pointless debate about guns. smile_o.gif

Brilliant update guys! thumbs-up.gif

Especially the WMKII with the Milan launcher. It just gives those puppies something to defend themselves against armour. The units on the screenies look great too. The woodland units with boonies and woolen hats really smell like some nice recon action.

Hope to see them soon, but like always with the UKF, they will be released when you least expect it and then make your day. Keep on truckin lads!

notworthy.gif

sorry guys, been away...

yes, the weapon is a diemaco SFW, but we named it a C8A1 for the sake of commonality, as its based of the C8 weapon, and is, for all eyes a C8... (read the stamps on the ofp weapons, it reads SFW) and means that those wanting to use it as a C8 in other missions, could do so.

the british are also recently using the CQB C8, although i saw little point in making those models.

Ranger... thanks alot for the kind words. The MILAN WMIK has been a labour to get working, especially for the Mcar guys who helped us make it a true MILAN simulation. I'm glad you're enjoying it smile_o.gif

the british are also recently using the CQB C8, although i saw little point in making those models.

Thats odd, theres is a CQB model in the Diemaco PBO, and its very good

The updated features on the WMIK are such an improvement.  They look so cool kitted out with the updated camo netting and all the other things.

Reckon the infantry pack will see Kestral and Osprey?