Sign in to follow this  
Messiah

UKF Major Release

yep faces, personally i don't like the LLauma's faces

but thx; this is really nice to let the choice wink_o.gif

thanks, there does seem to be a divide between the community as to what they think about the LLauma faces, and also, because we realise that there are many british MP squads out there who would put this pack to good use, we'd hate to break their missions by not having BIS faces.

Really like all the new stuff, awesome work!

What I like most about the demo mission is the "setup perimeter" function. BIS should include it as standard command in the command menu.

aah yes, so did I - Rhodite's a bit of a genius with things like that. Hopefully I can convince hime to make a few more for us biggrin_o.gif

I should remind everyone that the demo mission is fully SP and MP compatible, should you chose to stick it onto a server.

Good god new WMIKS love the MILAN now i can listen to duran duran while blowing apart armour smile_o.gif I'm so chuffed I Made the battle axe that is the WMIK a tribute tounge2.gif

LINKY TO PIC

Hi, i've really liked the weapons on this pack; i'll had made the Diemaco's (D) camo have more desert yellow than so many black and i'll also made the uncamoeds have the stock, grip & RAS pannels green; but well... with the JAM 3 sounds the units win a lot.

Afther seen the SJB_Jackal326 Weapons Pack 1.1, why don't you use his Elcan sight?, i like it more, but that's a personal opinion. Good job & reminds to FatJoe. Let's C ya

we used jackals ELCAN, but i prefered using my own sight... then again i've not actually seen jackals, so perhaps i'll have a look and see what i think.

as for the diemaco colour scheme, perhaps it may have looked better like that, but we were aiming to represent what's currently in service and how they are used with british SF... I've very rarely seen the green casing on british diemacos, and certainly never on the C8's - the dessie scheme was taken from this picture of the SAS operating in Iraq:

sas4.jpg

as you can see, I think we did a pretty good job on reflecting it in the addon - our diemaco pack was never meant to be a concise diemaco pack, just a comprehensive british sf pack.

Don't know if anyone else has the a problem with the p226 but is says it can't find the config.cpp and i belive one of my mates has trouble with that and the SA80 ironsight too. Any ideas?

not with that info... i've not had any problems with either (obviously) - are you sure you have Jam 3 installed?

yeh i have jam 3, it happens in the editor, you hit preview and it don't load because it can't find config.cpp etc,

error is

No entry config.cpp/CfgWeapons.ukf_sigp226

Nice packs, downloading now. Though I've already been informed that you've typo'ed in the readme of the weapons pack. In the readme it says that the classname is "ukf_sa80ironsights", whereas in actual fact it is "UKF_SA80_ironsights" (I doubt case-sensitivity matters but I included the correct case just incase - pardon the pun), I had to depbo the mission that came with the new pack to find this out.

scotty and jackal... think there's been a few typos... its not ukf_sigp226, its ukf_p226 biggrin_o.gif

sorry guys, three typos in the readme's... was not thinking that day i guess tounge2.gif. Have updated the first page to include the corrected readme's

Sexellent...It seems like an age that i've been waiting for your addon updates and i'm soooo eager to have all that your working on right now. These weapons and WMIKs will provide my much needed UKF needs. I personally love the desert textures on the Diemacos as too much camo ruins it in my opinion. I'd like to know when you gods are going to include your weapons with your soldiers instead of me having to add them myself. I'm lazy like that tounge2.gif . I take it your going to have UKF soldiers in your landrovers when you update the DPM pack, again instead of me doing it myself.. whistle.gif

PS; I can't wait to see that second MG implemented when ArmAss is eventually released.

once the dpm2 is done, i'll release a patch to make the rovers use the dpm troops as crew... and im just as excited at the prospect of a fully functional WMIK.

Hi, yes, my mistake about the Diemacos, i don't researched into the UK SF's, i just guessed it out from the US SF's, MEU units, that seems to use more proportion of desert yellow in they'r camoed weapons; sorry for the pointless argument. I'll also check out those DMP2 units. Why don't the UKF team talk to the OFrP Mod team to take the Jaguar (the plane) so another field maybe covered, or to the Falklands Mod to use as UKF that precious Lynks and maybe do a desert version too?, and the Med-Evac and one artillated?, i'll like to see very much those fields covered for the UK units, and... if i were you... i'll remove that "look to the sky" head possition on the units, now that there're enought replacement Anims as for don't make the units look so bad. But im not you, im just a player; i just were sharing with you my free opinion that no one asked me, so don't get angry, just read it(or not) and forget about. Good Job. Let's C ya

all comments are appreciated mate, sorry if you took my reply as an insult.

the look to the sky stance has been removed for DPM2, seeing, as you said, there is no point to it anymore. We're not looking to work on any aircraft or naval vessels, this has been our stance because we dont feel any need to compete with the likes of footmunch, falklands and RKSL, who are far more competant and skilled at creating such addons (although we do co-operate with all three)

perhaps in Arma the odd aircraft may make an appearance, especially as we aim to help RKSL in any way possible with his plans for Arma, so this may involve aircraft.

wait and see is all i can say really

Hi, yes, my mistake about the Diemacos, i don't researched into the UK SF's, i just guessed it out from the US SF's, MEU units, that seems to use more proportion of desert yellow in they'r camoed weapons; sorry for the pointless argument. I'll also check out those DMP2 units. Why don't the UKF team talk to the OFrP Mod team to take the Jaguar (the plane) so another field maybe covered, or to the Falklands Mod to use as UKF that precious Lynks and maybe do a desert version too?, and the Med-Evac and one artillated?, i'll like to see very much those fields covered for the UK units, and... if i were you... i'll remove that "look to the sky" head possition on the units, now that there're enought replacement Anims as for don't make the units look so bad. But im not you, im just a player; i just were sharing with you my free opinion that no one asked me, so don't get angry, just read it(or not) and forget about. Good Job. Let's C ya

Aircraft as said we should leave for others more capable to do. I would however love to see an unarmed and GPMG mounted Lynx.

OOOOOOOMG!

Yesterday Nogova, and now this!

(great addons released this week!wink_o.gif

GREAT GUYS! ABSOLUTLY FKN GREAT!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

(now all I would love to have is the snatch)

Thanks again for the excellent work you guys have done!

Super, now I can try out nogova, and check the map with these units! Fantastic! Going to be a long night... rofl.gif

EDIT

Am I like being a noob, or something worse. Because Im getting bugs when I wanted to try out the weapons on the new rovers...

dxdshot1154475871.jpg

Why is the vehicle looking like its bogged down into the sand?

dxdshot1154475912.jpg

Check the wheels. Im only aiming up, this is the 50cal one.

dxdshot1154475992.jpg

Not really an error but it looked funny.

ooh noes bug reports!

I dont exactly understand what is the problem. I though I should check for any game logics but nothing to do with that. I dont know whats wrong, the old ones worked well! huh.gif