Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

What smoke is that vehcile off becuase it doesnt look like that when i blow up a bmp/t80/t72? the smoke looks normal huh.gif

and yes the sound is quite load like the foot steps crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What smoke is that vehcile off becuase it doesnt look like that when i blow up a bmp/t80/t72? the smoke looks normal

When the turret pops off that smoke comes from it but if the turret stays on it gives a fire and smoke effect.

Guest Ti0n3r

Perhaps someone could upload a version of the config, with the old FOV values? I can't seem to find the FOV part in the config sad_o.gif

Perhaps someone could upload a version of the config, with the old FOV values? I can't seem to find the FOV part in the config sad_o.gif

Ever tried the (ctrl+f) search function ?

Configs loose much of their mysteries that way, only need to know what you´re searching for wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Then you probably deleted a , (",") and forgot to put it back smile_o.gif

I dont remember, that I modified original CPP (only its copy), but it is possible that I did it by accident ... smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Its amazing really, all the hype behind the FFUR release and when its finally here, a few people praise the FFUR team, and the rest bitch about errors, which to a degree is fair as the "testers" should have caught most of them, especially the texture aspect ratio bug which fudges up dedicated servers.

The reason, why I was bitching, was because I was hoping that TB will fix those bugs in some bugfix-release.

And that doesnt mean I hate FFUR. I already said my thanks to FFUR team, Im just warning them about some bugs. Fixing them would make FFUR even better wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]When the turret pops off that smoke comes from it but if the turret stays on it gives a fire and smoke effect.

Yeah, the smoke when turret doesnt pop off looks good and isnt taking so much FPS.

Quote[/b] ]Perhaps someone could upload a version of the config, with the old FOV values? I can't seem to find the FOV part in the config sad_o.gif

Search the initFov lines in config and when you find the "solder class", change it to 0.7.

I was wondering how i would setup a dedicated server using this mod? I know how to run a standard Resistance server, but not one with a mod.

Were not bitchin about bugs, i was merely pointin out some errors that got through the beta testing, i was HELPING them. Since they did not mention that this was their last release i pointed out some of bugs, cos im taking it that they will relase a patch to fix those things. I'm not saying i don't like the mod, it is by far there best release, those Apaches are amazin, i don't know who made but it is the best Apache addon ever. Also thanks to the FFUR team for this excellent TC.

Guest Ti0n3r

Ok, I think I found the FOV part in the config, but the editable config doesn't even work... Any help?

for a dac mission check out ma sig where it says [missions]

if it doesnt load dac first time around restart mission smile_o.gif

I tried now to reinstall FFUR (because of the editable config) and it doesnt work anyway smile_o.gif

Hope TB will upload working CPP version, searching bug in 1,26 MB large config is suicide wink_o.gif

(converting bin to cpp didnt work to me huh.gif )

how did you get the turret to blow off, i tried everything lol from Ah64s, A10s, F16s, Sachels lol the works and still it didnt come off.

Just tested and with two M136/AT4 to a T80´s back the turret went flying.

But on a sidenote, does anyone else have problems hitting shit with the Javelin? No matter from what distance i tried, it always strikes a few meters behind target.

edit: King Homer told me that the Javelin is a Lite version w/o the ultra aiming procedure from Marine Assault pack...who´d guessed that crazy_o.gif

I see we have many questions not answered. Where is Tb and all the answers about the bugs and or simple questions?

Good mod anyway.

Quote[/b] ]I see we have many questions not answered. Where is Tb and all the answers about the bugs and or simple questions?

Taking along earned rest like he deserves i guess. biggrin_o.gif

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the kind words and for your support but unfortunately I can't answer everyone because of the lack of time due to some real life tasks.

Though, there's an editable config and you can find a lot of tutorials online, just use the button 'search' and you will find how to customize, improve and enhance your FFUR 2006 2.0 as you wish (Just don't forget to convert the 'editable config' to bin with binview, it should work very well if you carry out the wanted changes propely.)

As previously stated, a module including the mp and the acu configs will be released within a couple of days, probably with a minor patch that should take out the minor issues that happen online.

Regards

Thunderbird84

4 things.

1. How do I change the font used? The current one is so... Not good looking...

2. We're missing marines (and swedes wow_o.gif), so I'll add them in myself. Will that effect when I play online (on a FFUR-server)?

3. How do I make the life-bar go away? Any game with a life-bar is unrealistic...

4. Modern crisis? USA vs Russia aint modern crazy_o.gif

Good work FFUR team, the effects look nice, too bad there isn't small stripes of white.. cloud-thing-something-something, from the planes wings when you turn, but I'll live with it.

Cool feature with switchable LEDscreens in the choppers biggrin_o.gif

Good work smile_o.gif

I can't find the new Hind in the Editor. Under which category is it? help.gif

Also, did anyone tried FFUR M1A2 vs. T-80UM? It takes 2-3 shots from T-80 to kill the Abrahms, but almost 6-7 other way around. Is this my fucked up configs in the OFP messing with the FFUR?

Music is great! In some cutscenes it could be less loud, but the choice of music is very appropriate.

Love the choice of animations, these are very good. Thanks guys, you are making history in OFP community!

i've looked for an answer but to no avail.....does anybody know if there's a way to change the cursor using FFUR 2006?

i have nothing against the hammer and sickle per se.....i just find it particularly obnoxious as a cursor.

thanks.

igor

What did GOL do to get this mod running on the dedicated server?

Are you GOL guys running windows or Linuex?

Quote[/b] ]What did GOL do to get this mod running on the dedicated server?

Are you GOL guys running windows or Linuex?

We are running a Windows dedicated server.

What we did was copy our clan server folder re name it delete un needed addons, delete un needed missions. Then we installed ffur using the installer.

Then edited the server.cfg and start.bat to run the mod.

The only problem i have found is the Map buug i posted a page back at the top. But im sure a patch will sort that out.

Hope that helps.

Quote[/b] ]4. Modern crisis? USA vs Russia aint modern

Well the fact that everything about the two armies are modern for example the ACU patterns and the BDU patterns are based on the army recently.

3. How do I make the life-bar go away? Any game with a life-bar is unrealistic...

Also, its not entirely accurate because I'm killed within 2 hits, and my "life bar" still reads at at least 80%, even though I'm clearly dead, so its neither use nor ornament.

Guest Ti0n3r

btw Jackal326, great work on the M16A2... I just love it

I did exactly the same thing you guys did to the KaoS server when I installed the FFUR2006. However, I have never edited a server config.

What changes did you make to the config?

btw Jackal326, great work on the M16A2... I just love it

Thanks. If you like that, I think you'll be pleased with the rest of the upcoming pack, though this isn't the place to talk about that. wink_o.gif