Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

FFUR US ACU models Beta 0.99

[*]After several hours of work, 6 ACU models variants are now available (including 2 new models 100% ACU) :

-US Army Rifleman (100% ACU : [iBA, magazine pouches, camelback instead of canteens, goggles]) without kneepads.

-US Army Rifleman (100% ACU : [iBA, magazine pouches, camelback instead of canteens, goggles]) with kneepads.

-US Army Rifleman (50% ACU/50% BDU : [bDU IBA, BDU magazine pouches, BDU canteens]) without kneepads.

-US Army Squad automatic rifleman (50% ACU/50% BDU : [bDU IBA, BDU M249 magazine pouches, BDU canteens]) without kneepads.

-US Army Grenadier (50% ACU/50% BDU : [bDU IBA, 6x40mm M203 grenades pouches, BDU canteens]) without kneepads.

[*]'Materials Fx' added to all textures.

[*]Fixed the flag/arm patch issues (Division/squad arm patch removed).

FFURACU5.jpg

FFURACU3.jpg

FFURACU4.jpg

FFURACU1.jpg

FFURACU6.jpg

Special thanks, to CameronMcDonald for the great work he carried out on the magazine pouches, camelback... textures.

to Olemissrebel for all of the advices and pictures, and finally, to Codeblue for allowing us to base our project on their models.

regards

Thunderbird84

Very nice units! However the only thing that bugs me is the actual animation, the front hand seems to be angled too much, would be nice if it could just be fixed to sit flush with the weapon. biggrin_o.gif

They look fantastic biggrin_o.gif

But - to texture material fx: do soldiers clean their shoes all the time? They are shining more than my car just after washing  rofl.gif

FFURACU1.jpg

3 months already and still no patch? No offence but having the soldiers from previous ffur would have been good enough imo and the patch would have been ready 2 months ago. confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]3 months already and still no patch? No offence but having the soldiers from previous ffur would have been good enough imo and the patch would have been ready 2 months ago.

Well the FFUR is a mod of perfection. And those ACU troops look Great. Any update to the BDU troops and thanks TB for the info on the Wrecks.

3 months already and still no patch?

If youve been following FFUR as long as I have, you'll note that what start out as minor patches invariably end up into vastly improved new versions. Point is; have patience.

we needed a MP patch but never got yet.. should of been released as a small standalone patch not having to wait for the hole mod to be upgraded again.. huh.gif

who the hell are you to say what should have been?  if you are so anxious, make it yourself, if not, i suppose you'll just have to wait.  some people do have lives off of the computer. and @ tarik, the units look excellent!

who the hell are you to say what should have been?  if you are so anxious, make it yourself, if not, i suppose you'll just have to wait.  some people do have lives off of the computer. and @ tarik, the units look excellent!

I agree on both counts there. Some people seem to think addon-makers spend every spare moment they have modelling, texturing and/or coding, which simply isn't the case. Most have other, more pressing commitments that take presidence over, what is when it comes down to it a fun hobby.

I also agree that the units look fantastic, though the lighting seems strange on the right ACU M16 magazine pouch in a couple of screenshots. Also, there doesn't seem to be a shadow cast for the units (is that your settings, or a model issue - the models needs at least one resolution LOD with 300 or less faces to generate a shadow).

I agree on both counts there. Some people seem to think addon-makers spend every spare moment they have modelling, texturing and/or coding, which simply isn't the case. Most have other, more pressing commitments that take presidence over, what is when it comes down to it a fun hobby.

It's indeed a hobby. Remember that not all people around here are still at school or university. Sme actually have a job for 40 hours a week, have a girlfriend and go to the gym every evening 7 days a week. That kinda sums it up for me. Most of the weeks I have no time for OFP at all, because other stuff takes up all my time and I also want to spend some time with my girl and with friends.

So it's just a hobby and people that spend much time in modelling should be respected and not pushed because they don't work hard enough in your opinion. I think it's amazing this mod is even created and that he has the time to do all that stuff.

And the units look very good. I know I bashed on the first screenshots of the new units and I meant that, but I also mean that they have changed to units that look very good and are actually better than what we have now. So keep it up! thumbs-up.gif

thats not the point, we were told we would get a mp fix soon after the release of the main 2.0 but it never came did it? unless you see it around. and of course i would do it myself if i knew how..

i know how much work goes into all this stuff and fair enough they got to get on with there lives but when we get told we gona get a fix soon after release thats what we expect.. not 3 month dely so to speak. wink_o.gif

i knw a lot of people who wanted to play this on there servers and have been unable to do so for the amount of CTDs and MP problems...

edit: btw im not rushing anyone, just a quick mp thing was promised but never came.. fair enough if he doesnt want to release such thing but he can at leate ssay so.

Yada yada yada, for shit sake keep your shirt on, you think because the shit comes out freely, that some of you can go ahead and land on it and start complaining why it don't stink.

Thunderbird said what had to say, and he's doing what he can do and thats all there is to it. If you don't want him to make another 600mb mod type patch then quit bugging him about every detailed dislike, or like to have out there.

This is his mod, not ours, we as ofp members and community should give this guy his respect, and not bog him down with orders.   I think were pretty dam lucky to have the mods that we do, this game is very versatile for that.

If you want the patch to be done then leave the man alone and be happy for what you get.

If you don't like it theres many other versions of the same mod to download, and other mods as well. Try to appreciate what we do have and are getting, and not be silver spoon fed whining pinheads. I check the forum maybe once a week, my time is also limited and i'm not complaining, unless the game is your livelihood and putting food on your table then I'd suggest behaving in a manner that shows some maturity and your concern for what he is doing, and not what your not getting. Unless he openly says to you what do you want me to change, or add, or take out, then most likely your not going to get what you want.

But there is a better way to communicate.

Btw me i am patient wink_o.gif My only point here is not about the time of the patch etc   AGAIN... Its about playing with something that was already great. So many things were already great in ffur 2006 and 1.0 or 1.5 don't remember. But because of so much complaining about little details like why is that on the soldier bla bla bla. When you will all play the game i don't think anybody will keep looking there soldier and say well the canteen could habe been a little more on top etc So imo i say to tb great mod but the next time you work on another patch (the one after this one coming) then if you all like the soldiers right now keep them so that the patch won't take so long.  A mod is not just about the soldiers' texture right?

Looking great there. However do all those soldiers make up one squad? As in all those variants or do they give us some choice when chosing ACU soldiers for missions?

Anyway looking great.

Guest Ti0n3r

Outstanding work Thunderbird! Looks even better than the old FFUR ACU wow_o.gif

I don't know if it has already been asked here but I'm trying to have a dedicated server with this mod and I keep getting this error....

"invalid texture aspect ratio (16 x 256)"

In another post someone claimed it was from the mi-28 addon.

Is there a fix for this I have not been able to find the mi28 pbo's location in the ffur2006 addon folders to replace it.

Is it something else? Thanks ahead of time!

TB feel free to use the mercs now wink_o.gif edit how you please as long as credits are provided where due smile_o.gif

Hi there FFUR Fans and actors,

I am among those fans since the very first edition of FFUR, however I was wodering wether a MP config was available for version 2.0 (for dedicated distant server for instance )?

Maybe v2.5 is not that far anyway wink_o.gif

FFUR US Army Infantry Project (1.00)

Several hours were spent in upgrading the entire US Army personnel side, pondering several issues and figuring'em out to make them the most accurate and authentic possible, of course, they aren't 100% perfect, but they at least enhance an aspect of the gameplay/realism factor.

US Green Berets (BDU Camo).

Final1.jpg

US Green Berets (ACU Camo).

Final4.jpg

Final3.jpg

US Regular Infantry (Medic/ BDU Camo).

Final2.jpg

US Regular Infantry (Rifleman/ BDU Camo).

Final6.jpg

US Armored Cavalry (Crew/ACU Camo).

Final5.jpg

No worries about the multiplayer side, this time, very intensive efforts will be involved in order to make sure that the mod will work properly online, that has not been carried out with the previous release because of the huge lack of time I was experiencing, though, thank you for you understanding.

Quote[/b] ]do all those soldiers make up one squad? As in all those variants or do they give us some choice when chosing ACU soldiers for missions?

You will get the ability to play with 4 different Infantry squads in the US side, which are composed of several models variants that aim to increase the immersion feeling in game.

(ACU Infantry/Special Forces troops) & (BDU Infantry/Special Forces troops).

Quote[/b] ]TB feel free to use the mercs now

Cheers, a very nice job on 'em and keep it up.

Quote[/b] ](is that your settings

Indeed, I disable shadow settings to increase the performance due to my comp's weakness.

Thank you all for the kind words and the great support and huge thanks to all people that supported us to accomplish this US Infantry project in a limited time (Detailed list within a few days in the incoming readme).

regards,

thunderbird84

Now, there we're getting close to something.

Just turn off DXDLL's z0mg-i've-got-500-strobes-around-me-effect, we migth see the result a bit better.

JW

smile_o.gif

This is probably referred to the materials Fx because in terms of visual quality (in the shots above), there's not a huge difference between 'Dxdll-ed' shots and 'un-Dxdll-ed' ones.

regards,

Thunderbird84

tb84, what can I say but WOW wow_o.gif ! Those units are superb, the tan boot textures look a lot darker (better) than the original ones in 2.0, along with the great coyote tan pouches in contrast with the UCP. Woohoo! yay.gif

This is probably referred to the materials Fx because in terms of visual quality (in the shots above), there's not a huge difference between 'Dxdll-ed' shots and 'un-Dxdll-ed' ones.

regards,

Thunderbird84

Indeed, but skin doesn't reflect light as metal does...

Otherwise, looking super!

JW

smile_o.gif