Sign in to follow this  
deanosbeano

Destructable buildings/walls/etc

it isn't that smooth but looks good.

it's very accurate bombarding there :P

do you think you're able to have the whole building to get leveled? and to have the surrounding buildings to get affected?

well as promised and almost a side thing for myself.the reason all this started and what i would love in ofp is for this. verrrrrry w i p.

pls i know the probs and you can critisize but like with arma, this little bit is about 25% done. only joking but i have to dont i.

Deanos use for destructables.

imagine the other walls have 10000 armour. so you have to do it this way and the waltakes a lil more power to punch a hole in it. wink_o.gif and bingo.

altho in game 2 it will be done for us ,but thats 2008 wink_o.gif why wait.lol

Quote[/b] ]The game takes physics to the extreme, so not only do vehicles (be they land, sea or air) look far more convincing then before but actually features a fully integrated destructible model that helps to bring buildings down with unmatched realism – a mortar fired from a tank crashed into a building and left a wake of destruction, which continued to collapse after a significant time all based on real-world forces. Wandering into such a derelict building can be a hazardous occasion, as Marek explained when a precariously balanced bit of debris fell on his head. Nothing about this is scripted so you’ll never see buildings or vehicles destroyed in the same way; it was honestly remarkable and highlighted just how far Operation Flashpoint 2 is above the vast majority of physics-driven titles out there. Bullets as well react differently based on a variety of factors such as the angle of impact and the target structure along, significantly highlighted with trace fire shooting off in the horizon; it’s something that BiS like to call kinetic energy, the dispersal of energy from the bullet to the point of contact and whether it penetrates or deflects.

Just out of curiousity, how will you stop it from falling apart from a few HK bullets?

Looking great so far though! I can't believe this is your first addon.

Abs

i will change the type in the config. i hope and add some more mass and armour.and remove simulation "Thing" .lol but thats after i make a logic. for wrp.its more of a side thing tho to be honest ,but i will see later.somewhere between that light one and the ones in this eearly model i made.

here

I'm very interested in this project, it looks like it might be very fun!

What do you think about a "light" version with only separated doors and windows? Wouldn't this allow you to create a lot more buildings, but still add some destructability?

For example, I would love a remodeling of standard BIS buildings, except with the openable doors removed and separate door objects added. Breaching charges, here I come!

small update ,trying some total destruct for mp, first is small followed by large , i slowed for visual , fp at 38 andd 34 respectively

here ya go

I was thinking about something some time ago.

Will it be possible to shoot a piece out of the building without damaging the whole structure? Or will it be possible to drive thrue certain pieces of the building without making it collapse?

Because having pieces blown of the building without collapse will look great after a big battle. You'd have damaged houses and such but not everything blown to rubble.

yes , it is possible to implement your ideas, but unforyunately , in order to do it in an detail, costs alot of cpu power, infact it was my initiall intentions to do exactly this, but after advice from community ,i had to cale down my goals (until arma smile_o.gif. but ina two - four building scenario ,alot can be done in minute detail, i.e single bricks falling /popping etc. i think the video the end shows it along with random dammage ,at my homepage ,in the above links.right now ,i am just about done ,fingers crossed ,with the logic init, in order to make the base building comaptible with wrp. i have some major problems at the moment with my fathers health so things will go a little slowly, but i will not stop and indeed to make this work for arma in much nicer ways .:) ty .

How about some versions without totally destroyable walls, just windows and doors? I think this would be a good compromise to enable large amounts of buildings to have some dynamic aspects. For example, using breaching charges or shotguns to take a door down.

My best wishes for your father. Remember family is what is important, not a game!

Take care

The whole project look awesome...looking forward to get my copy smile_o.gif

Also: When do you think you will release it? just a tought icon_rolleyes.gif

This is looking great...keep up the good work! yay.gif

well this project going real slow, work and another project,which is rpg campaign ,inwhich i hope to incorporate all this destructable stuff. anyway, i managed a few hours at the weekend and started on this

crash test deanos

wow, this has come a long way since i last posted here, btw what is that song in the video its cool

just a tiny update , tried it with y2k running today , thats a wonderul thing smile_o.gif

anyway heres a video of what happened when i tried to get home after a hard days work in petrovice

a hard days night

@ rainbow , its coming along, part of a rpg campaign

@odin mo scripts run in back ground all are activated by event handlers on the vehicles, when activated , only one script will run.

I would have thought i would release a beta before ArMa.i will be adding to it every other destructable unit from others i can find with permission ,so it will depend on many factors.

of course when will arma be released ? i think the dates already

mentioned are a little optomistic , i dont expect to see it before spring 07 to be honest arma that is.