Sign in to follow this  
hardrock

Eurofighter Typhoon beta

Hello folks.

The BW-Mod decided that the Eurofighter Typhoon addon would be released to public as open source beta. It is lying on my hard disk without any major changes since back in 2003, as I won't be able to finalize it, this addon is thrown out to the community.

Please do at all costs read the readme. It contains a lot of useful information that you will need anyway.

<span style='color:red'>The online documentation is more accurate and contains less errors than the one included in the download now.</span> Sorry for the inconvenience.

Documentation (Readme)

And here comes the download:

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Eurofighter Typhoon beta</span>

I hope you DID read the readme file now.

Have fun:

Download: Eurofighter Typhoon beta + ACES alpha

This addon contains the following:

- Eurofighter Typhoon addon (open source)

- ACES "AirCraft Equipment Standard" (semi open source - readme)

Here is another seperate link for ACES, which is not needed if you download the file above.

Download: ACES alpha

Sweet. haven't tested quite yet but sounds cool, judging by the readme.

Although, do I really have to place "#include <ACES\dlg\acesBaseDlg.hpp>" to the description.ext file? Because I usually just play around with the editor, and if you reall need the line, the addon comes basically unusable for me, atleast if it's really important. Combat photography only is acceptable, though, but... confused_o.gif

As hardi said , it is almost unplayable in this version.

We couldnt finish the extreme number of scripts , so dont expect anything finished.

But , if you like , you can strip the scripts apart , and make a blank version.

Although, do I really have to place "#include <ACES\dlg\acesBaseDlg.hpp>" to the description.ext file? Because I usually just play around with the editor, and if you reall need the line, the addon comes basically unusable for me, atleast if it's really important. Combat photography only is acceptable, though, but... confused_o.gif

You will get an error message and the map in the cockpit won't be loaded at high resolution, but apart from that it doesn't matter.

I´ve tested it and i have to say it´s the best airplane for OFP that i´ve tested so far.  notworthy.gif

At last.

Works Great thumbs-up.gif

I think it's the best plane I've ever seen in OFP. Really.

It certainly is one of the nicest looking planes in OFP, shame about that script you have to add, but thats only a small thing thumbs-up.gif

let's give it a try , a Eurofighter in OFp is exactly the plane that was missing , thanks !

Thanks for releasing this Hardrock. It's pretty damn good deaspite being unfinished.

Loading it up with 228 Hydra rockets is a lot of fun. biggrin_o.gif

I can't drop bombs from it though. Is this one of the bugs that need fixing or are there some special requirements to allow bombing runs: altitude, laser designator etc?

I can't drop bombs from it though. Is this one of the bugs that need fixing or are there some special requirements to allow bombing runs: altitude, laser designator etc?

Probably one of the bugs, I must say I don't know really.

Don't forget to try some Hermes landings at night at full fog wink_o.gif

Thank you for the release hardrock, I've been looking forward to this plane ever since I first heard of it. I hope someone will take the time to update the things that need to be fixed but again, it is very nice.

WOW

Fantastic.

Lets hope we get one in RAF colours now.

Great to dogfight in.

i think there were RAF roundels implemented ...

at least do we have them and maybe hardrock will release them too.

I just noticed that I did a small error at the readme file concerning the Carrier parameter at the ILS part. Online readme fixed now, rest reuploaded with fixed readme.

Great news!

Great news!

oops hardrock i didn't send you the latest version of the missiles... i'll give you the link asap

Any chance you can explain more on the types of missles, bombs and fuel from the readme?

I tried to run it but it gave me an error; not a big deal (I'll fix it later.) Nice to finally have it, regardless! Good work. thumbs-up.gif

Is ACES still in development or is it over now, too?

congratz hardrock smile_o.gif