Sign in to follow this  
Serbian Delight

Armed Assault Video E3 Presentation

Point is rivers move downhill. Sarah is mountainous in parts, obviously high parts and low parts. Fact that there is a tide or not aint one of the things that really means much to the topic of internal water bodies, which exist in many major & smaller towns.

uhm... But rivers are affected by tide in real-life as well, no?

Only at the coastal/estuary end, once the the river rises above sea level it is usually unaffected.

16 minutes of gameplay, but sniper and tank sights almost all the time. A little bit boring. Nothing new on the comments I think.

The best of all is the Super Cobra sequence. But i´m still wondering: what the hell is doing a Super Cobra in the Army? crazy_o.gif

And I like the new animations, very well done.

I believe the soldiers are based on the Marines, not the Army. I've heard talk of the "digital" cammies, etc.

"sometimes it can rain, it can be fucking?" tounge2.gif

I dont know who was talking all the time, but he was really hard to understand and it didnt sound like his english was very good (eeeeh..., eeeh...), wich didnt give a really good impression confused_o.gif

How is your Czechoslovachian? He sounded pretty good, for a second language. Also, the audio was not real clear, which made it worse. But perfectly understandable if you listen carefully.

"sometimes it can rain, it can be fucking?"  :p

I dont know who was talking all the time, but he was really hard to understand and it didnt sound like his english was very good (eeeeh..., eeeh...), wich didnt give a really good impression :hm:

How is your Czechoslovachian?  He sounded pretty good, for a second language.  Also, the audio was not real clear, which made it worse.  But perfectly understandable if you listen carefully.

It sounded all sympathetic to me. Perhaps from a sales/marketing pov it was rubbish, but ArmA should and will sell itself by the sheer quality of the game. In ArmA's case it should be 'playing is believing' not 'talking is believing':)

"sometimes it can rain, it can be fucking?"  tounge2.gif

I dont know who was talking all the time, but he was really hard to understand and it didnt sound like his english was very good (eeeeh..., eeeh...), wich didnt give a really good impression confused_o.gif

How is your Czechoslovachian?  He sounded pretty good, for a second language.  Also, the audio was not real clear, which made it worse.  But perfectly understandable if you listen carefully.

Well, after listening for the second time i understand almost anything, also, english isnt my first language so when someone talks with a heavy accent while there is alot of other noise on the background i have some trouble understanding it wink_o.gif

And he didnt sound like he prepared a speech, wich he should have done if he wanted to make a nice presentation. confused_o.gif

My Czech is better than my Czechoslovakian.

VBS is more than just David.

A rule of thumb for video games in development: if you don't see it, don't count on it. If the devs/PR folks don't talk about it as something already in the game, don't believe it.

well about the Marines/Army thing, i think it could be a little of both, i mean from what i heard of from iraq, yes some areas are under army control and some others are under marines hand, and yes they are a different set of ppl, but at the same time inotder to have a good chance for "new" guys to learn from "old" guys, or simply just out of hands, there are also many units have a mixed kind of ppl, some from here, some from there, and a little bit from else where

the ah1 thing might be a chance that it is come with reinforcements, while the humvee thing is kind of hard to think in different way, well in order to escape from fact that bis might have done it wrong, i happens to think that it is custom made, soldiers on the front always do; tweaking this, cutting that, sticking something on it, sometime a total make over, things like these, you have to understand, it was they who fight the war, and under that matter it is frontline soldiers who have in their mind what fit them most(offically these things are not allowed, but the command would simply playing blind on such things most time)

I believe the soldiers are based on the Marines, not the Army. I've heard talk of the "digital" cammies, etc.

No, those are Army soldiers. Every soldier aside from the Sahrani forces shown thus far in screenshots has been US Army. The pattern you're seeing is the Army's "new" ACU digital pattern. The Marine MARPAT pattern looks similar, but it comes in either woodland or desert varities, whereas the ACU is a "one pattern fits all" approach.

I've seen marine desert MARPAT camo in Game 2 screenshots but not ArmA. I've seen ACU in ArmA though which is what the ARMY uses.

...apart from that, if BIS presented ArmA like this all over E3, they will prolly not find a publisher. this kinda presentation sucks. it shows only few features (most boring ones-sniping is the easy part...getting in position and out of it afterwards is the fun thing to do...)

By this kinda presentation I also understand the really shitty news in the gamezine Gamestar (.de) about OFP.

nice to see some gameplay of arma in this vid. presentation style wasn't good. but we don't know if ridl presented it to everyone like that wink_o.gif

The best thing about this video for me was seeing all the names of people with 2001 to 2002 forum join dates crawl out from under the proverbial rocks. (I haven't been following too many threads in the AA forum so there's probably more)

Good to see you guys again! biggrin_o.gif

Also, these videos and screenshots are great... but seriously a good tid-bit on any changes/additions to commands or the way scripting works would be like a Hope Diamond to me right now.

The best thing about this video for me was seeing all the names of people with 2001 to 2002 forum join dates crawl out from under the proverbial rocks. (I haven't been following too many threads in the AA forum so there's probably more)

Good to see you guys again!  biggrin_o.gif

Also, these videos and screenshots are great... but seriously a good tid-bit on any changes/additions to commands or the way scripting works would be like a Hope Diamond to me right now.

Well, it definitely wasn't apparent in OFP:Elite, but I think that AA should have more scripting options than VBS1 at this development rate.

Quote[/b] ]"sometimes it can rain, it can be fucking?"

actually he says "...it can rain, it can be foggy" wink_o.gif

has anyone noticed at the very end of the video, when he increases the viewdistance, the mousepointer doesn´t choke like it does in ofp?

I hope BIS doesn't get discouraged from reading all the whining that goes on here. I'm happy and content to play Armed Assault whenever it comes out. I'll wait till then to make my judgements. I love OFP enough to support BIS by buying ArmA when it releases and I'm sure I'll be happy with the finished product.

Stop the crying.

BIS never said that ArmA will be a completely new game, but just an "improvement" of OFP, keeping more or less the same engine. So nothing to complain about, and it may attract new members in this community which has lost a lot's of former (modding) members. goodnight.gif

i would buy arma unseen thats for sure- cause i play ofp since 2001... i remember that i played several flight sims before and started on a macintosh with "hellcats" , "fa18 hornet" and "a-10 attack". evrytime i wished i could walk around and drive the tanks and vehicles and walk to the airplane- then ofp came out. armed assault is the next and only game cause i dont play any other games anymore....thats stupid but other games are for houres- ofp is for years.

Well said. Like above, I'm trying to cut down on my whining - it's not like BIS have some kind of forum-watcher who's like:

"Holy crap, CameronMcDonald is complaining about unit switching again! Rip it out of the code ASAP!"

"People are asking for better AI! Set the release date back 16 years!"

"ACU OTVs? What is an OTV? Somebody google ACU and OTV!"

"People think William looks ugly! Get Pierce Brosnan in here!"

crazy_o.gif

All i want is an improved engine for my lovely OFP.

Armed Assault will give me many improvements that i was waiting for so long. inlove.gif

The more i watch the video, the more i am very impressed with the quality of the animations that will be in ArmA.

The "feeling" seems very natural and human-like,they are one of the finest set of animations i noticed in several games

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif to the animators, they sure know their job and how to use their motion capture studios.

"Holy crap, CameronMcDonald is complaining about unit switching again! Rip it out of the code ASAP!"

"People are asking for better AI! Set the release date back 16 years!"

"ACU OTVs? What is an OTV? Somebody google ACU and OTV!"

"People think William looks ugly! Get Pierce Brosnan in here!"

ROFL  rofl.gif

I hope BIS doesn't get discouraged from reading all the whining that goes on here. I'm happy and content to play Armed Assault whenever it comes out. I'll wait till then to make my judgements. I love OFP enough to support BIS by buying ArmA when it releases and I'm sure I'll be happy with the finished product.

Stop the crying.

hooah to that....i cant wait either...

I´d pay for just a standard Flashpoint 1.5, full price...and then some.

I have just been more and more excited as ArmA has progressed as the news has just been getting better and better amd the game has become a true game in its own right.

People payed alot more for the upgrade from OPF and VBS1 and where still happy, why? Beacause it is even with all the small crap aside, THE best/complete gamepackage ever!!

If someone told me that ArmA would cost 299$ i would still buy it, fanboy? not really, but i can see all the good stuff behind the little stuff that seems to be "showstoppers" for some. And it has outlived 4 gfx cards by now yay.gif

nice video from ArmA 75% - many bugs in this version

physic of tanks, cosmo soldier after explosions, stupid AI, etc...