Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

E3 2006

What day during E3 is the AA/NG presentation ?? Or is it everyday ?

gonk

Exactly. You can just name one game. One out of thousands. If that doesn't prove it to you I don't know what will.

but you said, and i quote...

Quote[/b] ]Games based on movies/tv series never work

Goldeneye was an example of a game made from a movie.... that worked... hence your wildly ambiguous statement was rather presumtuous and incorrect. I can name more games that 'worked', but then its personal preference as to what you think 'works'.

Exactly. You can just name one game. One out of thousands. If that doesn't prove it to you I don't know what will.

I can recall few..

TMNT games (the old NES/SNES ones)

Chronicles of riddick: Escape from butcher bay (I was really really surprised with this one)

Star Wars X-wing/Tie fighter/rogue squadron and KOTOR

Indiana jones adventure games (pure gold)

Sam & Max (was based on a comic, right?)

Dune games

Alien vs. Predator series

The recent King Kong game

The Warriors game (this is excatly how license games should be made, faithful to the original yet it dares to expand, nothing short of a kickass game)

Blade runner

And I think there are few decent games based on star trek and DC comics/marvel characters.

Guest Ti0n3r

StarWars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast wink_o.gif

Probably one of the 10 best games released the past 4 years. (my 9485.63 cents).

Star Wars, Star Trek, AvP, Dune I consider to be based on universes not movies and tv series. Games based on comics are also different, there just not enough material in one magazine to create whole game. Some effort and imagination are required. So that leaves several several games that were made before the current era of blatant "lets make a half-assed game so it comes out at the same time as the movie comes out in theatres" movie-to-game coversions. So I'd rather believe that movie-to-game conversions never work and be pleasantly surprised every once in a while, than be excited about every single crappy title that publishers announce and be dissapointed every single time. See, it works perfect for me. If Sopranos turns out to be a shitty game - I told you so, if it somehow manages to be a good game I'll just shut up and play it. biggrin_o.gif

Armed Assault, naturally, but I'm very interested to see what Nintendo has up their sleeve.

See the SONY conference.

Steam version

Mirror #1 (GameSpot)

Mirror #2 (GamersHell.com)

Conference notes.

Release dates

PS3 will be released the 17th of November in the U.S. and Europe. 11th of November in Japan.

PS3's retail prices

PS3 with 20 Gb HDD - €499/$499

PS3 with 60 Gb HDD - €599/$549

Other notes

-PS3 is compatible with PS1 and PS2 games.

-HDTV support (1080pi)

-Contains a HDD (20 and 60 Gb version)

-PS3 games uses Blu-Ray format (compatible with CD and DVD too)

-Internet access which will be much like Xbox Live.

-Possible to use USB, Memory stick, SD and Compact Flash.

-Dolby Digital Surround Sound.

-BlueTooth and WiFi (not on the 20Gb version)

-Wireless controller, up to 7 players.

The control is featuring sensors, which will allow you to control it much like the Wii (Revolution) control.

Flying a airplane by moving the control up and down, left and right and roll, without using the buttons.

I saw a few trailers and in-game playing and I must say the graphics and physics is alot more solid then what it was on PS2. The preformence has improved alot indeed. Heavenly Sword and Eight Days is two of many games featuring these things.

BIS stuff (obviously)

Spore

Crysis

Nintendo Wii...I am curious to see what people think of the controller and how it compares to PS3 and xbox360.

Meh, depend on Sony to compliment Nintendo's genius by imitating their new control scheme... banghead.gif

I am curious to see what people think of the controller and how it compares to PS3 and xbox360.

If this controller works when you tilt it forward/backwards/left/right then you can already try that concept out. MS made a wireless controller and a wired one that works like this about 5 years ago for the PC.

So nothing new there (unless I'm mistaking the way the controller works).

Personally I like the 360 controller alot. Works perfectly for everything except FPS-games, but then again FPS-games have nothing to do on a console unless you get mouse and keyboard support. Having to physicly tilt the controller in order to use it is kinda fun.... the first 5 minutes. After that it just feels annoying and your arms and wrists get tired. Only my experience with the MS controller.

-HDTV support

Well I've tested the PS1/2 on a HDTV and I gotta say this really looks very bad. crazy_o.gif

So I hope for Sony all games gets displayed in a high resolution. crazy_o.gif

The real deal starts tomorrow. yay.gifwink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Conference Program: May 9th—11th

Expo: May 10th—12th

Offical E3 site

-HDTV support

Well I've tested the PS1/2 on a HDTV and I gotta say this really looks very bad.  crazy_o.gif

Is that supposed to be some kind of a surprise considering P1 and PS2 do not support HDTV? tounge2.gif

They are showing the Nintendo conference live on Gamespot right now. The new remote demonstration is being done and the guy playing with it looks like he'll tire out by all that excercise. I guess thats one way of making kids get off and away from the consoles , they cant play if they are tired biggrin_o.gif .

Anyone know of anyother website which has got live video streamin of E3 , Gamespot is too slow.

I recently heard that the PS3 will cost 599 $ in the US, for Europe it'll probably be the usual 10-20% higher amount.

So who here has that kind of money for a gaming console? Seriously, if people buy that console then i think Sony can get away with anything...

I recently heard that the PS3 will cost 599 $ in the US, for Europe it'll probably be the usual 10-20% higher amount.

So who here has that kind of money for a gaming console? Seriously, if people buy that console then i think Sony can get away with anything...

Well, how much was the xbox when it was first released? 1100dutch guilders(=+-500€), and there were still people who bought that thing! (I bought it when it was cheaper) biggrin_o.gif

The same people who think 600 bucks is dirt cheap for a gaming pc? yay.gif

Well, how much was the xbox when it was first released? 1100dutch guilders(=+-500€), and there were still people who bought that thing! (I bought it when it was cheaper)  biggrin_o.gif

Ehem, The Xbox 360 Premium package cost me 3500 Swedish kronor the third of December (€370).

Paying  €599 for what seems to be the premium package is a lot. I’m a little surprised that the price tag is so high. Say that you’d want the console, plus one extra control and two games you’d probably have to pay almost €800.

You can’t deny that PS3 has a lot of loyal fans, and surely many grate games coming up, not to mention the included blue ray technique. But that kind of a price tag can be very intimidating.

Ezei, Im not sure if the über gamers, willing to spend shitloads of money on computers will be enough to brake even for good ol' Sony

No...A PS3 is a PS3, not a PC. You pay more for a PC than a games console and not feel guilty cause it can do more things than listen to music, play DVDs and play (In my most terribly humble opinion) games that are more often that not inferior and more expensive to similar games available on PC. Paying €600 for a games console, IMHO, is like dishing out €2500 for a PC

No...A PS3 is a PS3, not a PC. You pay more for a PC than a games console and not feel guilty cause it can do more things than listen to music, play DVDs and play (In my most terribly humble opinion)  Paying €600 for a games console, IMHO, is like dishing out €2500 for a PC

Well, you don't need a very expensive PC for the things you can not do on a gaming console.

Quote[/b] ]

games that are more often that not inferior and more expensive to similar games available on PC.

Inferior? Maybe when the console starts reaching end of it's life.

Anyways, buying a console just when it comes out is pretty much madness as you will not get too many decent games and end up spending a lot more than you should have on the console itself.

Quote[/b] ]

Ezei, Im not sure if the über gamers, willing to spend shitloads of money on computers will be enough to brake even for good ol' Sony

Sure they do, 600e is nothing to upper class brats - just check out ebay or any other net auction when any new popular console is released, those prices are just insane. crazy_o.gif

Not sure if this has been linked to yet, but..

http://titaniumtorrents.com/ has torrents of (mostly) high-def trailers of some of the trailers showed. Some are good, some aren't the best (The MGS4 video camera was bad.. Autofocus isn't always a good thing..)

- Ben

Gah. Yes, some random morons paid insane amounts for the 360 when it came out.

But what Sony is looking for is quantity. In order to sell hundreds of millions of games, you need millions of customers with the console. And I don't think we have enough brats in this world to cover sonys needs (or.. maybe we do, but most of them well prolly be too busy feasting on Russian caviar to pay notice to computer games). Prices will eventually drop, but the thought of paying around 800 Euros to get started is off putting for me.

But just to balance it out...

I’m pissed off at Microsoft right now for not having the capacity on their servers for all the demos and trailers on xbox live (due to all the new E3 content). And for making an insane move together with EA by releasing two almost identical FIFA games, and not making them compatible with each other. Oh and the fact that they’re releasing a new version of the CPU early 2007 (this is kinda inevitable, as seen with PS2 and the old Xbox)

Edit: Some of the typos..