Sign in to follow this  
PainDealer

IDEA Games at E3

...and the Humvee's didn't render and shadows (its a small thing i know)....

If you you're looking that close, surely you'll notice that NOTHING else in that opening scene has shadows either wink_o.gif

At the end when it zooms down the road by all the vehicles and troops you'll notice there are three types of troops shown. First ACU, then once the camera reaches to about the yellow Ural you see desert BDU, finally at the end just before it cuts to the next scene there are some Russian looking troops.

I think the russian looking troops we have seen so far are the South Sahrani soldiers. I think they are keeping the North Sahrani Opfor a surprise.

No, I disagree. You see ACU, then Desert BDU, then finally you see Russian looking troops with AKs, Russian helmets and Russian body armor. Those are definately Northern Sahrani Forces. Plus you see Russian vehicles along with American so it would seem more evened out if they showed Northern Sahrani forces.

If anything, I hope and am confident that there will be Russian forces in the plotline as a plot twist or whatever (i.e. Russians are involved in the war, with advisors, maybe Spetsnaz etc.)

I hope that I am right here

Gamestar at ArmA E3: http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc-spiele/action/33575/

its not verry good...

yes yes i, my english suckt. :P

- Flashpoint, nothing else

- they have woken up for a few days and have improved the textures and have inflated the island

- good improvement of the movements

- Both other innovations appear to us rather embarrassment-work,

- appears in times of graphic arts scaffoldings like the Unreal engine 3 or even of the Cry-engine like a bad joke

- But what wants to deliver Bohemia there - more than give. Therefore, maybe nobody also was of the company on site.

Only for the moment, needed a better translation

Will ask in the team

btw: thx Night-[Ranger], it wrote the Link in the bis-ingame Forum. smile_o.gif

as usual,blind bastards only concerned about graphics.

Perhaps I've been playing games for far too long, but ever since the BattleField: Vietnam generation, I can't really appreciate the subtle differences in graphics quality in new games. As long as there's decent lighting (which OFP1 doesn't have, imo) smooth framerate, enough world clutter to hide behind, and far views, I'm perfectly happy. Perhaps I've been playing way too many old abandonware games and freeware adventures these days. And why is it that kids these days have killer computers everywhere??? I don't even have the liberty to get an XBOX 360 because of the lack of time to play such an investment. banghead.gif

all I can say is wow....that video rocks!!

BIS notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Now Hurry up and get a publisher! yay.gif

Perhaps I've been playing games for far too long, but ever since the BattleField: Vietnam generation, I can't really appreciate the subtle differences in graphics quality in new games. As long as there's decent lighting (which OFP1 doesn't have, imo) smooth framerate, enough world clutter to hide behind, and far views, I'm perfectly happy. Perhaps I've been playing way too many old abandonware games and freeware adventures these days. And why is it that kids these days have killer computers everywhere??? I don't even have the liberty to get an XBOX 360 because of the lack of time to play such an investment. banghead.gif

I meant the revewiers. Crytek is probably also richer and has a larger team than BIS,or did. Their comparing AA to pretty much one if not the top company in graphics and such..as usual,reviewers that bitch if they don't get everything,god forbid they get these uber high quality graphics on a huge ass map with very high view distance.

Yep, but there are some many blind bastards in the media who give ArmA a bad name. sad_o.gif I hope his comp fries. :evil laugh:

I can also confidently state that *shock* Steel Beasts Pro PE feels like 6-year-old Steel Beasts! Frankly I would be shocked if AA would not feel like OFP, why break working formula?

Another revolutionary discovery to some professional game journalists is that BF 1942 is like BF2...

I can also confidently state that *shock* Steel Beasts Pro PE feels like 6-year-old Steel Beasts! Frankly I would be shocked if AA would not feel like OFP, why break working formula?

Another revolutionary discovery to some professional game journalists is that BF 1942 is like BF2...

Excellent analogy with the BF1942.

While I would argue that AA should slightly change the way missions play out (more cautious Afghanistan-style scenarios, rather than large infantry-tank rushes in OFP), I agree that AA should keep the relatively open-ended mission design of OFP.

I still can't think of a game that comes close to presenting a similar gameplay style to that of OFP.  I love how OFP gives you a scenario, and challenges you to form your own plan.  OFP even gives you the freedom to form a stupid plan and get yourself killed!  Instead of choosing one of 2-3 avenues of approach (of varying resistance), people can think of some really bizzare solutions to a "problem", from sniping, to tank rushing, to even using the tanks as a standoff siege battery!

For example, the first real Resistance mission where you ambush the supply convoy.  Want to pop out of the bushes? Ok.  How about attacking from a small forest?  Sure, great idea!  Maybe strike with a rocket attack, withdraw, and then pick off the confused convoy personell one by one?  No one's stopping you.  Or you could do what I did, climb one of the small cliffs, and launch a hail of bullets from the rocks!

Well, I heard that Hidden and Dangerous 2 comes very well recommended by some OFP fans, so I should check that out before I say that OFP in a one of a kind game.  Ghost Recon 1 was also fun too. wink_o.gif

Shoot, can't spell. crazy_o.gif

I really hope they don't even bother with a publisher and just use digital distribution. I guess they’re having trouble finding a publisher, because most publishers probably think the way that reviewer does (graphics are more important then gameplay, not to mention a realistic and “heaven forbid†challenging game. ArmA will hopefully make PLENTY of money with or without a publisher.

I wonder how much money BIS makes from their BIA simulation branch. whistle.gif

A lot of people say that the age of games being made for hardcore gamers is over.  Well, would people consider the US Marines to be casual gamers?

There must be an advantage for not catering to the lower common denominator. rofl.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

@Gamestar

You don't understand our game, stay away from it wink_o.gif

That Gamestar "preview" is ridiculous.

Gamestar is just a crappy magazine with crappy writers. It´s the lowest PC game zine in germany imo. So basically I don´t give a f*** on what they write. It´s pretty obvious that the lady who wrote that crap actually has no background on OFP or ArAs at all. EA seems to be more press (money) friendly here.

Just forget that crap, the comments on the article already will leave her crying into her tissue. tounge2.gif

Why on earth would you bother with digital distribution, given that most people who play the game do so offline, let along have a broadband connection to download it with!!!huh.gif!!! WAKEUP! Only do this when you can make a bigger cut from selling it online.

If you look closely...What the heck are US soldiers using PKM's for? (see the vehicle showcase part). But then again faces did show some variation. (Paused at every row of soldiers durring that part).

I'm starting to believe that the gaming press don't actually "play" games anyomore. They always have to rush with articles, and it seems that they like graphics intensive games probably because they are easy to write about. People can't seem to play a games at a comfortable pace anymore. confused_o.gif

I'm starting to believe that the gaming press don't actually "play" games anyomore. They always have to rush with articles, and it seems that they like graphics intensive games probably because they are easy to write about. People can't seem to play a games at a comfortable pace anymore. confused_o.gif

man i agree. G4 called the area with Armed Assault crap... Crap! im pissed...i hope Gamespot releases ArmA content like they did last year for Game2.

Edit...good night cant keep my eyes open smile_o.gif

You people have to keep in mind that the whole game press and events like E3 serve only one purpose,to get 12-16 year olds excited. Almost every gaming magazine out there is just a bunch of ads. It seems that if you dont bend over to either EA or UBI these days and make games for people with an IQ of 10 , you have hard time selling your games. I rather hope BIS finds a "big" publisher tho,because I think good chaps like Matrix Games or Battlefront can't handle this large of a product.

On SimHQ: I don't bother to read anything of those guys since they hyped Falcon4:AF to death and somehow forgot to mention how incredible buggy it still is.So their piece on Arma is no suprise(to be fair,they are more into flight-sim market anyways).

On the trailer: There are few grapical oddities here and there but overall it looks very much playable (I.e no golden tanks or soldiers attempting to use their "camoflague" to blend in with the enviroment). Hopefully in 1-2 months the AI is ready enough so we can see some combat scenes smile_o.gif

did you noticed this new screen on gamestar?

gamestar17uc.jpg

On a contrary to other zines I submitted the news about the new trailer to PC Games yesterday and they just fed it to the people without any stupid comments. It´s time to spread the word biggrin_o.gif

PC Games News

It´s funny, they included almost any info I fed them tounge2.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Hmm.. The WW2EC preview/interview will probably be posted today. So keep an eye on the WW2EC site. pistols.gif

Why on earth would you bother with digital distribution, given that most people who play the game do so offline, let along have a broadband connection to download it with!!!huh.gif!!!  WAKEUP! Only do this when you can make a bigger cut from selling it online.

Hi - I disagree with you. Most players I know, including Teamates, play OFP mostly if not only ONLINE. Probably the greatest interest of OFP is in online cooperative multipayers gaming thumbs-up.gif