txalin

William Porter's Blog

Based on current information and assuming that this is a genuine map of sahrani, could this be a possible scale comparison?

[im]http://www.fotocraft.org.uk/images/sahrani_scale.jpg[/im]

Quote from interview....."size wise it covers approximately 400km2, which is an area larger than Malden, Everon, Kolgujev & Nogova combined."

[im]http://www.fotocraft.org.uk/smilies/iepunch.gif[/im]

This looks quiet good smile_o.gif

so can we admit William know's 1/4 of that intire island?

Will might not be able to "visit" the intire island although he said that looks a vacations place..

Based on current information and assuming that this is a genuine map of sahrani, could this be a possible scale comparison?

http://www.fotocraft.org.uk/images/sahrani_scale.jpg

Quote from interview....."size wise it covers approximately 400km2, which is an area larger than Malden, Everon, Kolgujev & Nogova combined."

iepunch.gif

If that scale was right that would mean those moutains would be wayy to oversized smile_o.gif

If this Sarah image is the entire Island this should be a good example how big it is.

Each section fits an standard OFP Island like Nogova;

sarah4tl.jpg

Are maybe not who knows.

http://www.fotocraft.org.uk/images/sahrani_scale.jpg

i would say nogova is to small in that comparison my reason is what mat pointed out the hilly mountinous area appear to incredibly large if you were to compare those of nogova. same goes for the road net work and coast line.

to me i would  say its roughly a third bigger than nogova and as some are sugesting what we see here isnt the entire map

some rough scales for you guys:

nogova land : est 86km^2

malden land : est 58km^2

everon land : < 50km^2

kolgujev land: est 38km^2

total = 242km^2

Any orig ofp island area WITH sea included (on grid map) = 144km^2

so, if that image is the whole of sahrani, then, actually

the nogova should smaller than in this scale shown here, since you can fit 4 and a Half Nogova land masses in sahrani.

sahrani_scale.jpg

ofcourse they may mean Sahrani is 400km^2 with the sea, although that would deny common sense so i doubt that.

anyway..

The island we see from will is a part of the intire island, am i right?

where will we find the desert part of the big ‘Sahrani’?

That map show us montains and lots of vegetation..

Big Sahrani island will have only desert part, right? we cant see that desert part in that image..

That map show us montains and lots of vegetation..

Big Sahrani island will have only desert part, right? we cant see that desert part in that image..

The 'desert'could be anywhere. The map colouring doesn't reflect vegetation but topography.

red is there for you r4ead altitude better. Thecloser the red lines are together, the more steep the hill is. if it is a thick red line, then it is most likely a cliff.

Seriously people stop speculating, you can't see how big Sahrani is.

Tell me how big this island is...

Looks pretty small don't it?

And on this pic it has a incredibly large mountainous area compared to Nogova... oh come on people stop pulling stuff out of your rear ending.

... oh come on people stop pulling stuff out of your rear ending.

oooh, touchy. tounge2.gif

He's right though, we have no idea. Should be really fun though.

First thing to do should be to load up the editor and place an empty chopper and a playable guy and fly around, sight seeing.

can't wait!! crazy_o.gif

... oh come on people stop pulling stuff out of your rear ending.

oooh, touchy. tounge2.gif

He's right though, we have no idea.  Should be really fun though.

First thing to do should be to load up the editor and place an empty chopper and a playable guy and fly around, sight seeing.

can't wait!! crazy_o.gif

No that's where you’re both wrong! We have got a good idea because we've got facts to play with. And regards Madagascar There are several water features showing yet no roads and towns are shown merely as black dots. This immediately indicates a very low scale map (zoomed far out).

There's nothing wrong in speculating, and since there is no other information available it's all we can do for the moment!  tounge2.gif

Constructive criticisms only please!  naughty.gif

so what does the black marks/lines mean? roads?

its not frontiers/borders for sure.

i really think this island is a very small part of a big place. i think the water will disapear soon and instead of water we will have land.

But so far is unknown to william.. (for us hes M.I.A)

the colors don't make sense in some places..

..some places have green dark and suddently some white huh.gif

if colors mean altitude like we said before why a suddent change near water, from green back to white in some places? (south part top left)

‘Sahrani’

i really think this island is a very small part of a big place. i think the water will disapear soon and instead of water we will have land.

..some places have green dark and suddently some white  huh.gif

if colors mean altitude like we said before why a suddent change near water, from green back to white in some places? (south part top left)

?Sahrani?

The "white" (light blue) is shallower water.

‘Sahrani’

The black lines are the road network. The different colours show the elevation, .... dark green being low land and getting lighter as the terrain rises and turns to white at the highest levels. The red lines are the contour lines that separate the different elevations.  wink_o.gif

Personally I don't think that this is only part of the entire map. Placebo mentions an island not many islands, so we can assume most likely that this is all of it. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it!  think.gif

what about the white marks on the water?

could be possible hight mountains..

what you guys think?

what about the white marks on the water?

could be possible hight mountains..

what you guys think?

Water depth probably or simply glare textures to alleviate the monotony of blue!  robot.gif

‘Sahrani’

The black lines are the road network. The different colours show the elevation, .... dark green being low land and getting lighter as the terrain rises and turns to white at the highest levels. The red lines are the contour lines that separate the different elevations.  wink_o.gif

Personally I don't think that this is only part of the entire map. Placebo mentions an island not many islands, so we can assume most likely that this is all of it. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it!  think.gif

No no no, the black lines are actually rivers and streams, LOL Bravo you crack me up.

..some places have green dark and suddently some white huh.gif

‘Sahrani’

The black lines are the road network. The different colours show the elevation, .... dark green being low land and getting lighter as the terrain rises and turns to white at the highest levels. The red lines are the contour lines that separate the different elevations. wink_o.gif

Personally I don't think that this is only part of the entire map. Placebo mentions an island not many islands, so we can assume most likely that this is all of it. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it! think.gif

No no no, the black lines are actually rivers and streams, LOL Bravo you crack me up.

they said there were no rivers(large rivers), so i assum it can only be roads or small streams.. confused_o.gif

maybe they sent some codes in that pic.. wink_o.gif

‘Sahrani’

they said there were no rivers(large rivers), so i assum it can only be roads or small streams..  confused_o.gif

maybe they sent some codes in that pic.. wink_o.gif

Hey Bravo! ...I think it was just his Ozzy sense of humour!  tounge2.gif

.....But I can see where he's coming from!  scratchhead.gif   biggrin_o.gif

in wills first posts in march its early march then late march

maybe a early april then late april post for us this month notworthy.gif

poor william. we just got word that he glitched in a house and cant get out.  help.gif

LOL  rofl.gif

I'm starting to get kinda bummed out, for I a while I thought it was going to be every week we'd get something new.

have we any real soilders that know if they get month end break {wild shot} notworthy.gif <this arm flapping can be used as a calm down button goodnight.gif