Blake

Steel Beasts Pro PE

Ok.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showpost.php?p=273160&postcount=2

That process simply takes time. We can't add more than maybe two or three vehicles per year. Besides, adding more T-55 variants is of limited value. We also need to take care of the simulation engine itself, and we are somewhat dependent on customization contracts that help us with the necessay cash flow. Every vehicle that we add purely for the Personal Edition - and we do - is development money lost on customization contracts.
So much for the T-55 variants we were promised almost 5 years ago.

So, they basically only do new tanks if they get contracted to do some.

So, they basically only do new tanks if they get contracted to do some.

No, for example the T-72's and the T-62 where done on esim's own budged.

Point is: you can only do so much in a working day, and If all your man-hours are dedicated to a project that a customer has paid for...It would be realy stupid to spend that time on vehicle models that will have no direct turnover. That is in fact, how capitalism works.

If they have genuine spare time, putting in new vehicle models that MAY make the sim more attracktive and create an indirect turnover, is the way to go. But having "spare time" is a bad thing for a company.

And by the way, the article Kualus linked on says THAT there will be other T-55 variants, not when :p

Well, if they said that they would introduce T-55s five years ago (and even had screenshots of the tank model) and they still didn´t deliver... And guess what the PE edition owners also paid for their product, and quite a lot honestly. If someone was keeping his game up to date for the last 5 years he paid for license and then some more for updates. How much exactly in total? 150€? More?

(And BTW, they did say when, it was supposed to arrive for the 10th anniversary, that was in 2010)

Edited by Tonci87

Well, if they said that they would introduce T-55s five years ago (and even had screenshots of the tank model) and they still didn´t deliver... And guess what the PE edition owners also paid for their product, and quite a lot honestly. If someone was keeping his game up to date for the last 5 years he paid for license and then some more for updates. How much exactly in total? 150€? More?

(And BTW, they did say when, it was supposed to arrive for the 10th anniversary, that was in 2010)

Well, the T-55 is in the SB since 2010. The artikle talked about additional versions of the T-55, which are not there yet. Nowhere in the artikle I read something about when these additional model should be there.

And yes, the SB users paid for their product=> and got it delivered. They did not for a future version of their product.

Well, the T-55 is in the SB since 2010. The artikle talked about additional versions of the T-55, which are not there yet. Nowhere in the artikle I read something about when these additional model should be there.

And yes, the SB users paid for their product=> and got it delivered. They did not for a future version of their product.

Correct. It's still inexcusable to promise this almost 5 years ago, then go back on it just last month.

Correct. It's still inexcusable to promise this almost 5 years ago, then go back on it just last month.

I don't see it as taken back, I interpret it as it will not be there soon. Especialy as there was never a timeline given, just a declaration of intent.

So where in that post you have quoted it says: We will never make another T-55?

Everyone has a future of his favourit game he would like to have added,just look at the list Tonci87 is showing in his sig line.

But in any case, It is your opinion and you're entitled to have it...no more no less.

Okay, sure. I guess I was sloppy. I should have said "additional T-55 variants" like I did when I first posted in this thread. The sim itself is still great.

Okay, sure. I guess I was sloppy. I should have said "additional T-55 variants" like I did when I first posted in this thread. The sim itself is still great.

We can easily agree on that one ;-)

It has tons of equipment to play with in it, but I guess they will never be able to "get it all". This is especially true a Ssnake is a rivet counter, he will rather not implement a vehicle, if they can not implement it correctly.

I for one hope that they will improve control over the dismounts, their behaviour can sometimes cause me the have a hissi-fit in front of the keyboard.

So thats what I hope for the 2016(?) update.

We can easily agree on that one ;-)

It has tons of equipment to play with in it, but I guess they will never be able to "get it all". This is especially true a Ssnake is a rivet counter, he will rather not implement a vehicle, if they can not implement it correctly.

I for one hope that they will improve control over the dismounts, their behaviour can sometimes cause me the have a hissi-fit in front of the keyboard.

So thats what I hope for the 2016(?) update.

Interesting that you mention "rivet counter". This person thinks that rivet counters are part of what made flight simulators irrelevant: http://mostlyfilm.com/2011/07/27/air-con-the-death-of-flight-sims/

Personally, I am a rivet counter myself, but I can see some validity in what he's saying.

what he writes is mostly garbage... flight sims became actual sims. What was called "Sim" back in the day was what is today described as an arcade flightgame, because tech was limited. Therefore he should more complain that there are not many dedicated arcade flight games anymore... Which is actually not true, see World of Warplanes/ Warthunder. Not alot of modern era arcade games, but just flinging endlessly replenishing seeking missiles at each other gets boring fast.

Regarding steel beasts... i like the topic, but paying such a high price for a simulator game where i would be treated as second rate customer the entire time (at best) - no thanks.

Regarding steel beasts... i like the topic, but paying such a high price for a simulator game where i would be treated as second rate customer the entire time (at best) - no thanks.
Speaking of second rate, http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=21888

The old guard are squirming from the rush of new members due to DevilDogGamer featuring Steel Beasts on YouTube. No doubt they intend to treat the newcomers as second rate.

Don't know. The store and purchase option a convenient. And when you skin through the support forum ( http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/forumdisplay.php?f=17 ) any call for help of users is solved rather quickly and directly.

If that mean second rate customer, I'd be interested to hear what you'd expect from a software company?

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

Speaking of second rate, http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=21888

The old guard are squirming from the rush of new members due to DevilDogGamer featuring Steel Beasts on YouTube. No doubt they intend to treat the newcomers as second rate.

When I read that, it seems that there is a lack of info identified, that should be made available to new players. And they are thinking about a way on how to put that on the website.

What is the mistreatment there?? *puzzled*

There will always be mudslingers.

To be offended it takes two.... and I repeat what I said there:

"Lot of ignorance and lot of hatred"...hmm, must have been a different forum the the one at SB.com.

More or less heated discussion, yes. But thats what you get in when there is no heavy handed moderation and not everbody is speaking "1984" style new-speak.

But, thats just my opinion.

Don't know. The store and purchase option a convenient. And when you skin through the support forum ( http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/forumdisplay.php?f=17 ) any call for help of users is solved rather quickly and directly.

If that mean second rate customer, I'd be interested to hear what you'd expect from a software company?

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

When I read that, it seems that there is a lack of info identified, that should be made available to new players. And they are thinking about a way on how to put that on the website.

What is the mistreatment there?? *puzzled*

The first, I have no complaint about. The second, however, their hostility to a situation they were not expecting is veiled, but detectable. But that's just my opinion.
There will always be mudslingers.

To be offended it takes two.... and I repeat what I said there:

"Lot of ignorance and lot of hatred"...hmm, must have been a different forum the the one at SB.com.

More or less heated discussion, yes. But thats what you get in when there is no heavy handed moderation and not everbody is speaking "1984" style new-speak.

But, thats just my opinion.

Yes. Let me post this again to remind you of the mudslinging that happens in that community: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=21198

Edit: I forgot to mention, just to be clear, I'm not on SimHQ.

Edit 2: More mudslinging: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4134134/Re:_Vendetta_every_Friday#Post4134134 When I said that any VU that isn't from Germany gets treated passive aggressive, my statement was outdated. That was the way it was when I was in the community and in my VU of outcasts. Now it's the Dogs of War VU that is the outcast.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4135135/Re:_Vendetta_every_Friday#Post4135135

Wow, talk about a rude and uncalled for response to a simple information post.

Since we are not on the SB forums I can speak my mind. Those comments are exactly why the SB community has made the name for itself that it has.

Really, truly sad for such a small community. Ever wonder why the community is so small? Its not because of the complexity of the sim I assure you.

eSims might want to think about that.

Edited by Kualus

Yes. Let me post this again to remind you of the mudslinging that happens in that community: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=21198

Edit: I forgot to mention, just to be clear, I'm not on SimHQ.

The interesting question is: what is your axe to grind and with who. You seem to run a lot of effort to find arguments on other websites. One is unlikely to do so without some kind of motivation.

The interesting question is: what is your axe to grind and with who. You seem to run a lot of effort to find arguments on other websites. One is unlikely to do so without some kind of motivation.
Take a look at what I said at the bottom of this post: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?46458-Steel-Beasts-Pro-PE&p=2943945&viewfull=1#post2943945 That's some good motivation. If you guess my identity from it, PM me.

Do you really want to know how low this community can sink? This community sinks low enough that people have to post PMs to show how disrespectful a poster was, and these same people get shouted down because the offender is a member of the old guard. Said old guard offender has no high ground to lecture on, since he started this shit stirring deliberately after Tjay's criticisms were answered in a satisfactory manner by Nils.

Note the people talking about how PMs should stay private. Not a single one of them protested when one of their old guard and eSim's semi-official video producer posted one of my private emails on their forum, with the offending shitbag lying about having no other way to contact me, even though I wrote in it to not respond to me, and he did have another way to contact me. I had to fight with Nils to get it taken down, with him spewing bullshit about how the rules were there to "protect the forum members" and could not be used by me, and lying by stating that I had already posted all of the contents publicly.

What is your handle on their forums?

What is your handle on their forums?
I'm not there anymore. Don't intend to be, either. That may change one day, but not today. The incident you quoted occurred despite the fact that I was not on their forum.

Can we pleae not wash the dirty laundry of other forums on this one?

Normally I would agree with that statement Tonci87

But in this case the person is responsible for spreading a lot of mistruths about the SB Forum and its members

I have been a member of the SB forum for over ten years and his statements are simply not true or exaggerated

He has used comments made on the SB forum completely out of context to further his vendetta.

I agree. Can the soap opera stop now & just use this thread to discuss SB itself? I'm kind of interested in SB (I owned the first iteration) but I dislike having to read OT comments instead of reading something relevant.

I agree. Can the soap opera stop now & just use this thread to discuss SB itself? I'm kind of interested in SB (I owned the first iteration) but I dislike having to read OT comments instead of reading something relevant.
I'm willing to help your decision. I have changed my opinion from 2012 on whether or not to buy. Yes, it is worth buying, for single player alone. The graphics engine has its charm. The gameplay has a variety of experiences, from peace and thinking as you move up, to the heat of battle, to the satisfaction of artillery calls, to infantry ambushes, to the eye in the sky experience of the Micro-UAV and the generic medium UAV. The detailed armor and damage modelling make the game really enjoyable, and so do the partially clickable interiors of vehicles like the ASCOD Pizzaro, ASCOD Ulan, and the CV9030-FI.

The USD 115 entry price is no big deal. People voluntarily spend much more than that in a year on WoW, TF2 hats, WoT, etc. There is a trial option where you get the full game and time limited licenses to try before you buy. If you want to go into multiplayer, and don't want to have to deal with the community in general, join any one of the VUs, as they actually behave well.

Edit: I apologize for violating the letter of the forum rules for responding to a thread after I reported a post in it, but I wanted to help someone, not continue a fight, and thus I do not think I violated the spirit of the rules.

Edited by Kualus

Normally I would agree with that statement Tonci87

But in this case the person is responsible for spreading a lot of mistruths about the SB Forum and its members

I have been a member of the SB forum for over ten years and his statements are simply not true or exaggerated

He has used comments made on the SB forum completely out of context to further his vendetta.

That maybe so, but there is no need to air such views from one forum to another.

Thanks