Sign in to follow this  
ALYGATOR

Predator addon!

how would u make cloaking device that can be picked from a ammo create? or add it in the init

Impossible probably, as the cloacking itself is done with setobjecttexture, and AFAIK that doesnt work on other units.

Anyway, I love this addon! i edited it a bit, trew in into DAC and had a nice day with a big fight between humans and predators, where 2-4 predators usually killed a human patrol in no-time.  biggrin_o.gif

You could make a weapon that fits in secondary weapon slot and use the eventhandler "fired" to start the cloak.. Just makin sure, the script does use setcaptive true right?

how would u make cloaking device that can be picked from a ammo create? or add it in the init

Impossible probably, as the cloacking itself is done with setobjecttexture, and AFAIK that doesnt work on other units.

Anyway, I love this addon! i edited it a bit, trew in into DAC and had a nice day with a big fight between humans and predators, where 2-4 predators usually killed a human patrol in no-time.  biggrin_o.gif

You could make a weapon that fits in secondary weapon slot and use the eventhandler "fired" to start the cloak.. Just makin sure, the script does use setcaptive true right?

I think you would need to create some textures that fit the unit you want to be able to cloak, but i never tried to be honest.  wink_o.gif

EDIT: And yes it uses setcapture, thats why the enemies still target you but wont fire tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]I actually suggested back in OFP.info that a predator could be made based on the Ninja addons posted a while ago, have you considered adding some of the scripts from this addon, or the vampire addons?

I tried but it didnt work perfectly, and i dont like config.cpp editing, but i might look at it again in a week or so... wink_o.gif

Or maybe not, i cant release it anyway  biggrin_o.gif

Looks nice, unfortunately ofp.info ftp seems to be not working. Is cloak, weapons etc MP compatible?

This is a awsome addon I cant wait till the next version it is going to be awsome. biggrin_o.gif

Hi all, this is a great addon!, even though its still beta right now here is a few ideas for the newer version:

1.is it possible to make the plasma caster turn with the predator's head?

2.For the plasma caster instead of a one shot laser that is real fast, is it possible to make it shoot like in the movie, or even in the game Aliens versus predator 2?

3. How about the possiblity of lopping off a soldiers head for a trophy and then giving a preadator warrior cry?

4.Also like previously metioned is it possible to have a similar jumping ability and climbing ability like the ofp ninja?

Just ideas

no

yes

no

no

actualy 4 is a mabe but i would suggest agasint it, unless you like 3 fps wink_o.gif as i recall that particular addon never caught on due to the fact that its so incredibly script heavy it makes actual combat usage impossible

They look great ! When you released new version Predator with animation, repair bug etc ? wink_o.gif

I am downloading them NOW this is going to be so cool. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Any USMC guys from the 2nd aliens?

Ok I found a working pred link but I cant get the aliens to work I put in my ofp/res/addons folder were i put everything ealse and go into the game and cant find them in the game, I am running FFUR 2006. Let me know I really want to try them. Thanks

Drew77, why don't you just edit your first post instead of making 4 in a row? icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyone know a way to get the ai to cloak

Anyone know a way to get the ai to cloak

[_this select 0] exec "\Predator\CME1.sqs"; this animate[""CME"" ,1]

or

this exec "\Predator\CME1.sqs"; this animate["CME" ,1]

For Predator (Glaive)

this animate["CME" ,0]

For uncloaking

CME2.sqs, CME3.sqs, CME4.sqs for the other ones, to lazy to look them up but you can try yourself, just check if they have the same weapons after cloacking

Not tested because it took it straight from the config, but i think that it should work

wink_o.gif

EDIT: Those aliens are awesome, i edited them a bit so they are killable (and the AI engages them) and i had some great fights!  biggrin_o.gif

Well the aliens are great,especially the textures.

Would also be great if they could have they're own specific sounds from the movies or the games and perhaps make the praetorian a bit taller if a future version is in plans.

One thing I noticed,if I put a single alien,he's acting like an idiot standing there and do nothing,only if I aproach him he's jumping me,but if I put a group of aliens everything is ok,the aliens are coming for me.

What's the deal with a single alien acting like an braindead?

Other than that superb addons these aliens and predators, now we can have our own aliens vs predator scenarios.

Btw,when the queen is coming out?(joking tounge2.gif )

How come the aliens just stand there and they only attck when you get close to them. If any one knows why let me know.Thanks it does this on every map and I am running the FFUR 2006 mod.

The Aliens are too well armored. Throughout both games and movies, the average drone is pretty weak. A couple of bursts from an M16 to anywhere on it's body should do one in. In AvP1, a burst to the chest was an explosive death for them.

The Praetorian is supposed to be hard to kill. Hell, I remember bullets bouncing off it's head in one of the games, but it should die if it trips over a satchel or runs into a tank's view.