Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Su-33 Navalised Flanker

Apologies for the lateness, but here it is:

Link -> http://www.footmunch.org.uk/beta/rktsu33.rar

su33_1.jpg

Coming in to land with airbrake deployed.

su33_2.jpg

Anti-shipping version with Kh-31 loadout

su33_3.jpg

Alternative camo version (based on a Su-35 scheme)

There are 6 versions: 3 different weapon loadouts (air-to-air,

bomber and anti-ship) times the 2 colour schemes. All are

roundel-aware and have auto-ecm, rolling wheels, leading-edge

+ trailing-edge flaps, moving canards, animated hook, etc.

These planes use Hardrock/Vektorboson's key-script to give

semi-auto afterburner and airbrake with the E and S keys.

Thanks to Gedis for reference material and beta-testing and

Gnat and UNN for Kuznetzov acceptance/testing.

Still to do:

Ejection seat routines

Better afterburner texture/animation/sounds

Parabrake scripting (not guaranteed...)

'Folded' versions (with a fold/unfold option, perhaps...)

Any and all comments are gratefully accepted.

nice job on su-33 footmunch

but i don see the Airbrake come out , only on the wing like su-27

found it was the S key

i most change my trottle buttons for Airbrake and Afterburner

found it was the S key

i most change my trottle buttons for Airbrake and Afterburner

Yep - when I said E and S keys, it's actually whichever keys are defined as 'Run' and 'Backwards'.

Apologies for the lateness, but here it is:

Its not late ... the carrier only just fixed its Arrestor system smile_o.gif hehe

Lovely looking work as usually, can't wait to DL ..... once I get home Friday sad_o.gif

su33dr1.gif

no problem with those buttons for me, as i'm using only W key for speed; E key for full speed; S for braking and X/C for rotation.

what should be changed(my oppinion):

hook! it should be controled by the player not by script, which extends hook when you press "Gear Down".

flaps! when you press same "Gear Down" flaps are fully downed, flaps should be fully controlable bye the player.

brakes! yeah, parachute would be great, but there's things to be corrected, like... when stoping on ground, air brake extends, some sord of script should change this( if script detects that gear are down and plane is on surface, it disables air brake), in other words, when stopping on surface aircraft should be stopped by simple brakes.

loadout! as you see here and here R-73 missiles are loaded, not ECM pods. ECM pods are loaded when it's planed that plane should enter area protected with SAM.

as you can see here and here it can carry missiles under the engines when on the Kuznetsov's deck.

great if you plan to make Ejection seat and whole ejecting; fix afterburners textures like here

what i like now, that airbrake extends when pressed button S and afterburnes engaged when pressed key E, as well that flaps in front of wings are working.

some great art of this plane:

Nr.1

Nr.2

Nr.3

Nr.4

I don't want to be the pain in you a.s.s. , but i only want that this great plane would be done correctly... your hard work is realy apreceated thumbs-up.gif

P.S. i still see rotating wheels when in air smile_o.gif

hook! it should be controled by the player not by script, which extends hook when you press "Gear Down".

This is done to stop having to go to the AM twice: does the player really _need_ to put the gear down and _not_ put down the hook? If I had more key-press control, I'd add separate 'G' for gear and 'H' for hook, but there's no way to do this...

Quote[/b] ]flaps! when you press same "Gear Down" flaps are fully downed, flaps should be fully controlable by the player.

The TEF are linked to the gear up/down, but they are a _visual effect_ only. The LEF are controllable, and change the flight model.

Quote[/b] ]brakes! yeah, parachute would be great, but there's things to be corrected, like... when stoping on ground, air brake extends, some sord of script should change this( if script detects that gear are down and plane is on surface, it disables air brake), in other words, when stopping on surface aircraft should be stopped by simple brakes.

I will add a check so that if speed<100, the air brake doesn't extend, but there's no way to switch between air- and wheel- brakes auotmatically (because there's no way to know if the plane is on a surface or flying).

Quote[/b] ]loadout! as you see here and here R-73 missiles are loaded, not ECM pods. ECM pods are loaded when it's planed that plane should enter area protected with SAM.

In OFP missions, it should _always_ be a SAM-heavy environment - there's no fun otherwise wink_o.gif

It's a compromise - you get the auto-flares, but the price you pay is losing two Archers. I could make 'safe' and 'danger' versions: one with Sobitsaya and good missile spoofing, the other with R-73's and bad missile spoofing.

Quote[/b] ]as you can see here and here it can carry missiles under the engines when on the Kuznetsov's deck.

The ASM has rocket pods under the engines. I can add some more weapons to the Bomber and CAP versions.

Quote[/b] ]great if you plan to make Ejection seat and whole ejecting;

It'll be essentially the same as the F-15 ejection sequence.

Quote[/b] ]P.S. i still see rotating wheels when in air smile_o.gif

Yeah, that's still a problem. I'm working on a fix, but there are no promises.

Quote[/b] ]This is done to stop having to go to the AM twice: does the player really _need_ to put the gear down and _not_ put down the hook? If I had more key-press control, I'd add separate 'G' for gear and 'H' for hook, but there's no way to do this...
It just look weired, when you taxi and then launch from catapult with the extended hook... but what do I know... huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]This is done to stop having to go to the AM twice: does the player really _need_ to put the gear down and _not_ put down the hook? If I had more key-press control, I'd add separate 'G' for gear and 'H' for hook, but there's no way to do this...
It just look weired, when you taxi and then launch from catapult with the extended hook... but what do I know... huh.gif

Congratulations AGS, you've spotted the obvious flaw in my argument: it is 'broken' during take-off wink_o.gif

I'll try a few things to see if there's a better method of controlling the hook.

For now, if you want to push the hook up at the start of the mission add:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this animate ["hook", 1]

to the init line of the Su-33

This is done to stop having to go to the AM twice: does the player really _need_ to put the gear down and _not_ put down the hook? If I had more key-press control, I'd add separate 'G' for gear and 'H' for hook, but there's no way to do this...

It is, at least should be with Fwatch by Kegetys.

Can´t explain what it does exactly, just try it.

And thumbs up for the plane, looking real good thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

The other (minor?) work around would to add a little script to the Carrier(s) once you get the AM Arrestor hook Option and use it the carriers script would lower the hook. And once down lift it again... would just mean standardising the animation name on the Hook selections. What do you think?

awsome jetplane u made footmunch. i'll try it on a mission with targets and let u know if anything anormal happens.

Well, since it's only a couple of planes anyways, standarizing hook animation name sounds like the way to go, however this would require a script to recognize when the plane is on landing approach and then extend the hook automatically.

Great plane btw, have I mentioned? wink_o.gif

Yeah, great plane, I like it.

Oh, just to mention, the afterburner script is kind of reversed after a bit of play with the aircraft, sometimes W/UP buttons also cause the airbrake to turn on, and only way to enable afterburners is to hold W/UP + C or sometimes X, witch makes it almost impossible to take off after landing.

Yeah, great plane, I like it.

Oh, just to mention, the afterburner script is kind of reversed after a bit of play with the aircraft, sometimes W/UP buttons also cause the airbrake to turn on, and only way to enable afterburners is to hold W/UP + C or sometimes X, witch makes it almost impossible to take off after landing.

Yep, I'm having the same problem with the keys getting all mixed up, sometimes the left rudder will engage brakes and right rudder will engage afterburners, etc.

Well, the camera in the key-checking script should always be set to direction 0, which doesn't seem to be the case right now.

Thank you FM for this great bird of Prey thumbs-up.gif

Love this beauty, and here's a quick conversion I made of the BIS DogFightCamel map

You now fly and fight in the SU-33 navalised Flanker, and you now have to land on the Kuznetsov CV wink_o.gif

Flanker1.jpg

Flanker3.jpg

Addon requirements are :

Footmunch's SU-33 Navalised Flanker BETA

and

[APS]Gnat's Admiral Kuznetsov Aircraft Carrier BETA 1

Tested it (alone) and it all seems to be working well, so it now needs to be tested in MP. Any takers? I need it to be hosted as I am unable to, unfortunately. PM me or just answer here if you're interested thumbs-up.gifsmile_o.gif

Get it here smile_o.gif (Thanks to Abs 01 for the hosting thumbs-up.gif

Great plane but it isnt solid, I can walk right through it.

Also, my biggest complaint, as with all of Footmunchs planes, is no working guages. With the short view distances of OFP it really helps to have guages to let you know if your losing altitude or how fast you are going.

Great plane but it isnt solid, I can walk right through it.

Also, my biggest complaint, as with all of Footmunchs planes, is no working guages. With the short view distances of OFP it really helps to have guages to let you know if your losing altitude or how fast you are going.

The guages you get in BIS aircraft are there. Other than a couple of addons which had a decent attempt for a HUD (like the DKM MI-28), this is as good as it gets in OFP