Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Su-33 Navalised Flanker

So I should be forced to change my control setup just for one addon? huh.gif

No one is forcing you to use this addon and i think the majority will be happy to have the key mapping (when it works properly) rater than the clunky AM. I see this as progress not something to be complained about.

As I said in my previous post, I don't mind having a "clunky AM", seeing as I have mapped buttons on my joystick to use the AM wink_o.gif I don't have enough buttons to map speed up and speed down (shift + up and down) to have this and AM access from my joystick, and access to the AM is more important than remapping 2 (needed and used) buttons so that I can use just one addon

Apologies for the lateness of the reply:

Standard Hook animations: I'm all for it, but someone needs to actually put a marker down and set it in motion. And that's not going to be me, btw wink_o.gif

Hardrock, Kyle, Gnat: Thanks. I'll put the _cam setdir 0 in as soon as possible.

Franze: The AB and brake scripts not working with a joy-throttle is one of the reasons I'm not super happy with the keyscript. You can fly with right hand on joystick and left-hand on WASD, but it feels a bit strange.

Kh-31: The missile targetting/flying is a little bit poor at the moment: this will be fixed. I will also increase the damage a little bit, but as Shashman said, the LST is not a 'standard' unit in OFP - it has all sorts of weirdness in it's config, IIRC.

I'll check up on loadouts and positioning. I thought it was OK, but it may have got a little mixed up. The main gear clipping the engine _is_ an issue. It will be adjusted.

Maneuvering: I can make it a little more sensitive on the elevators, but it may be that you're turning _too_ hard. You lose a lot of speed if you try to turn too quickly. Slower target = easier to hit. Try keeping your speed up above 400-ish.

The HUD/cockpit is not final - I will add instruments and the like, but there's very little chance of a full-on digital HUD: it requires a lot of work, and there are still features that _cannot_ be done with the tools in hand, sadly.

In other news - Tu22m3 is very close: includes a new paint scheme (it's just grey rather than blue, so don't get too excited) and a new loadout (bombs instead of the missiles). An-72 Coaler is getting some work done, and so is the Il-28 Beagle.

Fencer? Maybe.

For now, how about a Foxhound:

fox1.jpg

fox2.jpg

_Very_ early stages: no comments required yet.

Quote[/b] ]

The HUD/cockpit is not final - I will add instruments and the like, but there's very little chance of a full-on digital HUD: it requires a lot of work, and there are still features that _cannot_ be done with the tools in hand, sadly.

How about some basic instrumentation on the HUD? I'd even be happy to do that for you. wink_o.gif

Apologies for the lateness of the reply:

Standard Hook animations: I'm all for it, but someone needs to actually put a marker down and set it in motion. And that's not going to be me, btw wink_o.gif

Hardrock, Kyle, Gnat: Thanks. I'll put the _cam setdir 0 in as soon as possible.

Franze: The AB and brake scripts not working with a joy-throttle is one of the reasons I'm not super happy with the keyscript. You can fly with right hand on joystick and left-hand on WASD, but it feels a bit strange.

Kh-31: The missile targetting/flying is a little bit poor at the moment: this will be fixed. I will also increase the damage a little bit, but as Shashman said, the LST is not a 'standard' unit in OFP - it has all sorts of weirdness in it's config, IIRC.

I'll check up on loadouts and positioning. I thought it was OK, but it may have got a little mixed up. The main gear clipping the engine _is_ an issue. It will be adjusted.

Maneuvering: I can make it a little more sensitive on the elevators, but it may be that you're turning _too_ hard. You lose a lot of speed if you try to turn too quickly. Slower target = easier to hit. Try keeping your speed up above 400-ish.

In other news - Tu22m3 is very close: includes a new paint scheme (it's just grey rather than blue, so don't get too excited) and a new loadout (bombs instead of the missiles). An-72 Coaler is getting some work done, and so is the Il-28 Beagle.

Fencer? Maybe.

For now, how about a Foxhound:

[ig]http://www.footmunch.org.uk/temp/fox1.jpg[/img]

[im]http://www.footmunch.org.uk/temp/fox2.jpg[/img]

_Very_ early stages: no comments required yet.

Ahhh good to have you back FM biggrin_o.gif

One of my squad mates has contacted you about your Coaler, and I'm extremely happy to see that you haven't forgotten it and are still working on it. The Russians really need a decent transport aircraft and your Coaler fits the bill perfectly wink_o.gif

Nice MIG-31...This aircraft is used as a type of 'AWACS' by the Russaiins, so will your addon have any capabilities to reflect this? smile_o.gif

Any news about A-26, can you put any images about the Invader and the new look of Il-28?

Thanks

Nice MIG-31...This aircraft is used as a type of 'AWACS' by the Russaiins, so will your addon have any capabilities to reflect this?

The MiG-31 is a two place interceptor and ECM aircraft, not AWACS according to my information. It's described as a homeland defense fighter, with strong offensive capabilities. I don't think I'd want to waste such an asset on AWACS.

Hi,

Very good work...  thumbs-up.gif

Maybe these pictures will help you...

MIG31P.jpg

mig31b-592.jpg

A Su-24 should be a good idea.  wink_o.gif

-Soviet-

Nice MIG-31...This aircraft is used as a type of 'AWACS' by the Russaiins, so will your addon have any capabilities to reflect this?

The MiG-31 is a two place interceptor and ECM aircraft, not AWACS according to my information. It's described as a homeland defense fighter, with strong offensive capabilities. I don't think I'd want to waste such an asset on AWACS.

Quote[/b] ]The Mig31M is an improved version of the basic Mig31. It includes the new SBI-16 Zaslon radar.

What makes the Mig 31 such an effective aircraft is not features such as agility (which it is not reknown for) or speed ( which it has plenty of! ) but in it's weapons system of which the radar is a major part. The Zaslon antenna is of the fixed type, instead of being mechanically directed the radar beam is moved electronically. This allows the full fuselage diameter to be used for the antenna, since antenna diameter and effective operating range are directly related it is a great advantage. Electronic steering of the radar beam is faster than can be performed mechanically, it is also more accurate. All signal processing is digital. As stated before the radar can track 10 targets and engage 4, the mission computer automatically selects the four most threatening targets. The MiG-31 can engage targets spread over a greater area than can its Western equivalent, the F-14.

Due to the Mig31's impressive radar, speed and ability to carry long range missiles they can cover a large swathe of terrotory. In a flight of four aircraft, Mig31s can cover a 900km front, sharing information through a digital datalink. They can also act as an AWACs directing other fighters to targets.

You'll have to excuse the poor english, I took this from an Italian site

Awesome!!! Yeah the Mig-31 Foxhound is a fantastic aircraft. Whats very interesting is that it actually is a decent dogfighter as well. Some people think its not due to its heritage from the Mig-25 Foxbat. However it has had substantial improvements over the Mig-25 design and can be seen at airshows performing some fairly impressive manuevers. Granted it is not as impressive as the Mig-29 or Su-27, but still has displayed respectable turning ratios that along with its powerful radar, makes it an excellent interceptor aircraft.

Even more impressive is the latest variant: The MiG-31BM. The MiG-31BM is a multi-role version that can also carry a substantial load of air to ground weaponry.

I hope Footmunch makes a BM version. That would be very nice and would make it more useful in OFP rather then simply having a high speed interceptor which while useful, only has limited mission applications.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to ALL of Footmunch's work. He's still in my book one of the greatest OFP addon makers and more importantly one of the nicest people in the OFP community.

Keep up the awesome work Footmunch!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

In an issue of one my military aviation mags (Airpower International IIRC, I forget which issue) there's an in depth article (in 2 parts) about the Foxhound, and there's talk of developing one for commercial use, to launch small satellites into orbit wow_o.gifnotworthy.gif

@Shashman

That makes sense, but the thing that gets me is the limited endurance availible to perform the AWACS mission. However, that doesn't mean it isn't possible - but by AWACS, I'm pretty sure they mean transmitting telemetry via radio rather than an actual data link.

Nope, I'm pretty sure it is an actual datalink, and with aerial refuelling, the only limit is crew endurance really (don't forget the Foxhound is a 2-seater)

hey Footmunch,

i have something for you(and who is interested) about Russian Admiral Kuznetsov's airwing training, about person who built this school and about his work left after his death.

Here you go:

Forsage:

Forsage part1

Forsage part2

Forsage part3

Forsage part4

This is a 2,65Gb DVD movie, so you need to have PowerDVD or other program.

Last flight of Timur Apakidze:

Last flight of Timur Apakidze

Download site is a bit slow. All movies are in russian language, if you can't understand it, then the footage will speak for it self smile_o.gif

Footmunch, what's going on with Su-33s? Any news?

P.S. i also will send you info about Mig-31s and 1st part of Su-27 cockpit documentation(very similar to Su-33)

I have a question about Footmunch's F-14 and the Nimitz:

I could have sworn that I used to be able to land his F-14 on the Nimitz addon, but lately when I try it either explodes or the landing gear go up. Was the F-14 ever made compatible with Hawk's Nimitz or is it just my imagination?

If so, are there any plans to update the F-14 addon to make it compatible?

Speaking of which. Did any of you guys ever figured out how AI in Su-33 can take off the Kyznetsov carrier and perform air support?

Just took my first spin in the -33, very nice, though you can add two more R-27s on the bottom of the intakes.  Flight is smooth, a little jerky either because of framerates, or whatever, but it felt good to take a spin with biggrin_o.gif

But you planning on doing a version with Kh-29/31P combo?....

I would love for someone to modify a SU-27 to a SU-35A or a SU-35BM hint hint *TomiD*