Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Wow that face,hands,arms,legs and feet template looks pretty...interesting..no doubt making faces will be much more of a challenge but now more detail is possible right?

The detail on the arms is just..amazing..

Oh man... there will be a lot of weird creatures running in MP games. Shame we cannot also use modified material (normalmap and specularmap) smile_o.gif

Might want to fix your hair...  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT - What tool in PS does that blending? I don't use the program as much as PSP X, so I haven't found it yet...

EDIT - What tool in PS does that blending? I don't use the program as much as PSP X, so I haven't found it yet...

What kind of blending do you mean?

Like in Jammy's picture, he hasn't just cut and pasted his face over the jawline, he's taken it and blended it into the neck. I can find the tool in PSP, but not in PhotoShop.

EDIT - Also, notice the new M203 crosshair in the flare movie? Now we just need ironsights for it.

Like in Jammy's picture, he hasn't just cut and pasted his face over the jawline, he's taken it and blended it into the neck. I can find the tool in PSP, but not in PhotoShop.

Oh.. there is more ways how to do it. Copy paste and erease unwanted parts with smoothed Ereaser Tool is the easiest one.

If you have photoshop you could always download the normal mapping tool on Nvidia's website..not sure if there is one for paint shop pro,I would hope there is. Then agian it won't do much good because you cannot test it..

Wow,that computers specs are lower than mine I think..

Pentium 2.4 ghz processor.

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

2 Gig ram

and I forgot memory.. Odd that AA can be played on such low specs with great quality.

Actually your specs are a little lower, a Geforce 6600 is a Shader model 3 card and more powerfull than a Radeon 9600.

Someone had to say it  tounge2.gif .

Still, your pc isn't that bad.

Anyway, I wonder how ArmA will do on a 7800GT  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the info,now I know that I need a graphics card more than a processor,been in debate of which to buy lately and I wasn't quite sure...And yes the term I was searching for was barrel rolls.[/quote

Oh.. there is more ways how to do it. Copy paste and erease unwanted parts with smoothed Ereaser Tool is the easiest one.

Never erase parts, use a layer mask and a big soft black brush smile_o.gif

Then use match color or hue/saturation to re-colour your face so it blends with the rest of the template.

something like this, a quicky tounge2.gif

Then use match color or hue/saturation to re-colour your face so it blends with the rest of the template.

I want those skillz. lol

When ArmA comes out I'm putting my face in the game. Sorta personalize ArmA and then my friends online could easily recongize me.

Pfff, i'm busy with putting myself into the game. I'm pretty far with the face, but with the arms and legs it is going to be hard. Well hope al this work will work out nice in the end smile_o.gif

This is the current state, very WIP. But I need some rest now :P

.Link

Wow, nj so far. I might take a stab at it, but I think I will wait until I actually have the game in my possession, so I can check it along the way.

Is there a tutorial somewhere on the net for that sort of fairly advanced Photoshopping? That's the sort of stuff that's useful, and still every Photoshopping-tutorial I know of is just full of pointless tricks I'll never use. tounge2.gif

I know this is OT, but any links to tutes including stuff like layer masks, alpha layers and all that sort of fancy stuff that I've never been able to learn by myself would be much appreciated. smile_o.gif

Yeh for real man.

I suck at photoshop.

I just need to know how to fit my face over the template with good smooth results.

Is there a tutorial somewhere on the net for that sort of fairly advanced Photoshopping? That's the sort of stuff that's useful, and still every Photoshopping-tutorial I know of is just full of pointless tricks I'll never use. tounge2.gif

I know this is OT, but any links to tutes including stuff like layer masks, alpha layers and all that sort of fancy stuff that I've never been able to learn by myself would be much appreciated. smile_o.gif

There are tons of photoshop tutorials on the net

http://www.good-tutorials.com/ is a good one to start with.

These are the results for layer masking only

http://www.good-tutorials.com/search/query/layer%20mask

This one's is good one about the match color command.

Also the videotutorials from watchandlearnphotoshop.com & totaltraining.com are very good.

Anyway, when you work with photoshop it's important to use non-destructive techniques so it's easier to change stuff afterwards. The erase tool is a no go, you better hide parts with a layer mask.

Yeah there are enough tutorials to learn work with photoshop tools. It's more important that you learn how the tools work then how to get any neat effect. When you learn/discover what tools do what, you will find out for yourself how you will work with those tools implementing your own stuff.

If you are dutch and need some handy tutorials you should visit my website, most of the tutorials are written in a less formal and more usefull way. We'd rather learn you how to create your own fishing rod then how to toss it the best way. smile_o.gif

But I must say getting these face templates perfect is one of the most difficult things out there :P You could do it like Blanco with just pasting a face in the front and mask the edges with a soft brush and match the colours a bit. But you don't have your own hear and such.

True, but there's no point to work on this before you can see an ingame result

paragraphic l, I'm Dutch, (Flemish actually), I 'll take look at your website.

I find the layering is important when lining up your new face over the stock face in the image. By setting the new face layer transparency to about 40%, you can see enough of both faces to get them lined up just right. It allows you to finetine the scaling on the new face as well.

Maybe do the face discussion here?

For the grenade launcher sights im curious how they did it with the 3d ironsights. Will you look trough other sights when you have your grenade launcher selected? (means a different zoom animation to the grenade sight)