Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

If it's the same as it was in OFP:E then only armor crews will be without interior views (not troops in cargo), and I'm fairly certain it's only a thing with the camera and not the fact that you can't add interior view LODs.

Looking at Page 202... and the recent Video release.. i dont like the Wreckage model of Vehicles. i mean they look just like Black versions of the original with Fire and smoke effects.. i mean i expected some holes, turrets, Tracks doors being blown off.. seeing each vehicle broken up or twisted.

But oh well.. hope to see this improved. pistols.gif

some arma pics on armed assault.org its seem to be new material click me! dont blame me if old! tounge2.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Next he talks about the animals (tierwelt). Birds were visible during the presentation. The following animals will be in the final game: gulls, hawks, bees, butterflies and rabbits. Bees can be really annoying while sniping. He could also see small pollen particles (the stuff flowers use to make you allergic). Sometimes you might even see some newspapers being blown through the streets. (telejunky)
Quote[/b] ]The statement at the Games Convention mentioned Seagulls, Hawks, Bees and Flies (I ve seen them). A rabbit is planned but not ingame yet. Dogs are not planned. (Al Simmons)
Quote[/b] ]Animal life will consist of the (famed OFP) seagull, rabbits, flies and mosquitoes. I was told that when a dead body is lying around, flies will be attracted to it. The wildlife will also react to the enviroment around them, including soldiers and vehicles passing by. (0fp.info)
Quote[/b] ]Next he talks about destroyable buildings: 3 types of buildings are planned to be destroyable: Communication installations, gas stations and bridges. [sidenote: i heard them talk about this while trying to blow up buildings in the video: BIS says that they couldn't do it for all buildings because it would look like shit and they'd rather have it right or not in at all].  (telejunky)
Quote[/b] ]All buildings are destructable in the final game. But its only rubble left after a building was destroyed. You cant shoot holes into a building like seen in the VBS video. (itim_tuko)

...And every quote is right? ...... LMAO!!

I noticed things like that too. I guess it depends who they are interviewing and how much they know.

I seen on ofp.info also that it said battles with thousands of soldiers will be possible. yeah right  icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Hmm they shouldn't even open their mouths if they're that badly informed banghead.gif

I seen on ofp.info also that it said battles with thousands of soldiers will be possible. yeah right  icon_rolleyes.gif

Not battles, just units on the map. Which could be possible if the AI which is very far away uses less CPU cycles then it doen now tounge2.gif

(My old amd athlon XP2000+ fx5200 512mb ram could easily handle 500 units, as long as they were spreaded out over an island with maybe some not too big battles at some places)

And hey, there was some interview/preview/something which was saying that, they arent making random things up tounge2.gif

BUZZARD @ Aug. 30 2006,16:40)]Then again, since gunner positions aren't limited by a game engine, mods creating their own APCs and aircraft could well provide "gunner positions" where somehow an infantryman would be able to fire something like his weapon but acting as a gunner, I suppose, but this is me just spitting out a wild theory...

This is how it was done in BF2, and it worked extremely well...

Guest Ti0n3r

Haha don't even mention BF2. It'll just make people whine about how that would make ArmA suck yay.gif

...jk wink_o.gif

armedassault32nz3.jpg

nener.gif

doesn't look much like Arma , but who knows .

we need a larger version

Ahh, I knoew that I should have added that i'm at work where they dont like me downloading videos. Anyway, sod it, I've taken a look and when they say elevators, they really do mean elevators (as in Lifts). A nice little addition me thinks. It just threw me as the two pictures had nothing to do with lifts.

I hope thats a proper lift and not just something that looks like a working lift. If it is functional, then good news for Aircraft carriers smile_o.gif

Remove images tags when quoting.

Neither of you are new here so you have no excuses banghead.gif

When I saw Placebo as last poster in this thread, for just a second I thought he actually posted a new screenshot...

Stupid me banghead.gif

very good idea to make elevators , we won't have to make 10.000 polys stairs in order to reach the 10th floor .

It also means I suppose that the geo and roadway lods are working in much more realistic way, except if this is pure scripting.

i think the elevator is scripted but i hope it works in multiplayer too biggrin_o.gif i see alot of elevator fun in the future biggrin_o.gif

I wonder if there is ability to carry in ammo crates into elevator or maybe have a bigger type of elevator for vehicles for 'em carriers. whistle.gif