Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Its a damn shame that most gamers look to graphics these days...oh well...keep the little kids and graphic people with their graphics,I'd rather take the less graphicated games in which people believe in gameplay and teamwork.

Crysis not only about the graphic. Just see the E3 Crysis videos. The game had a decent physics too. When you run through the bushs, the vegetables are pushed out the way. I like those effect. wink_o.gif

Well that takes some CPU power away and development time aswell.

I say shmah to those who'd take Crysis over AA. At least BIS can spell correctly, and it's not like forumers like me would want their kind around here anyway.

I agree with you as far as this pout.jpg is concerned. But about the rest I think you are a bit too sceptical. Already Farcry had a few good moments since it combined large terrain with adequate vegetation and semi-intelligent AI. It would have had the potential to create a good realistic mod out of it. Crytek was a little like BIS, they developed from 0 to 100% with just one game. I mean who of us would have trusted in a game "Made in Frankfurt" before that? Laughable!

And the new engine has lots of great potential. The level of vegetation is the best I have seen so far. There is one scene of a trailer in which a fire fight breaks out in the jungle and you see trees and leafs falling left and right in a physically correct manner... and then this interplay of shadows. You can blame the unrealistic story and setting but to criticise the engine would be arrogant!

'Graphically, it's looking a bit weak'......but will i really need to care that much?

yes it might be bit outdated and yes it didnt really come up the stairs like other shiney new games, but hey, its still OFP with a new shell! i cant ask for more of that

And the new engine has lots of great potential. The level of vegetation is the best I have seen so far. There is one scene of a trailer in which a fire fight breaks out in the jungle and you see trees and leafs falling left and right in a physically correct manner... and then this interplay of shadows. You can blame the unrealistic story and setting but to criticise the engine would be arrogant!

I will make my judgement after i try a demo. Far Cry was all this and that but you could see stuff disapear in view distance not to mention the LOD detail of terrain and trees over distance was ugly. While Crysis might be an interesting game from a tech point of view i bet it will still be quite limited because of all the eye candy. The relation betwean graphics and scale in Armed Assault impresses me more.

Diferent games focussing on diferent features and gameplay, Arma is 10x more appealing to me overall smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]'Graphically, it's looking a bit weak'

thats actually a great compliment , ofp "vanilla" was graphically piss poor. But was and is until its younger bro comes out. the best game ever made.

@ farcry , well the jungle 2 min clip looked v nice for mainstreaming, but the latest e3 footage on the ship ,it just looked normal.looks like the jungle scene was just a Wow factor 2 mins promo.

Hmm interesting, in the PC Preview, Codemasters joined up to publish OFP only until after the demo came out. Maybe ArmA will have this happen to it as well, since publishers wish to wait for a more complete game demo, and see it's reactions before signing on.

Statements like "1 metre by 1 metre battlefields in Crysis" are redundant for two reasons - Crysis won't have 1 square metre battlefields, and graphically speaking, ArmA does look weak.  We need to stop pretending that the rest of the world doesn't know of this mysterious tradeoff, and start accepting that it exists in ArmA.

icon_rolleyes.gif

If you had any sense, you would have realised that my comment was an exaggeration. I have never seen nor played a game with a 1x1 metre battlefield, and certainly never will.

Please think before posting next time... wink_o.gif

Now that was a worthless reply. What sort of idiot do you think I am? Of course I realised that you were exagerrating, your point being that "levels" in Crysis are very small. What you should have understood from my reply, but instead chose to ignore to keep your pride intact, is that they aren't restrictingly small and are actually quite impressive considering the detail of the game.

I'll be sure to pass all future posts through you.

*EDIT* lets keep this thread on topic instead of fighting like children

Now that was a worthless reply.  What sort of idiot do you think I am?  Of course I realised that you were exagerrating, your point being that "levels" in Crysis are very small.  What you should have understood from my reply, but instead chose to ignore to keep your pride intact, is that they aren't restrictingly small and are actually quite impressive considering the detail of the game.

I'll be sure to pass all future posts through you.

*EDIT* lets keep this thread on topic instead of fighting like children

lol fairplay man let's not get into an argument. I think we both agree on many things, and the fact that ArmA will rock is surely one of them... wink_o.gif

lol fairplay man let's not get into an argument. I think we both agree on many things, and the fact that ArmA will rock is surely one of them... wink_o.gif

Right, now on with the show! Where are those new screenshots? What do you want to see in the next batch? Personally, I'm hankering for some night action!

Yes night action would be nice so we could see are those weird laserbeam tracers still present.

Working tracers were already in OFPE, so they will be in ArmA aswell wink_o.gif

Same with ricochet.

I'm wondering if its still going to have that whole shades of grey thing,dulling down colors unlike dxdll did,made it so if you get in light you can see all of the original colors of the unit but otherwise it was dark,much like real life.

'Graphically, it's looking a bit weak'......but will i really need to care that much?

That is just the opinion of the reviewer. wink_o.gif

That is just the opinion of the reviewer. wink_o.gif

Yeah! And there are two things we need to remember here. First what version of BIS's work are they basing their opinion on? Nothing is yet finished and most press demos etc are quite old build. Second IMHO PCZONE magazine aren't always 'on the mark' with their sometimes very wayward ‘tongue in cheek’ previews! tounge2.gif

Let’s wait for some previews on the final demo when it is done!

Well there seems to be tracers in OFPE but they are exactly the same as in ofp if you look at the video recoill presented. wink_o.gif

@ July 26 2006,10:24)]

Well there seems to be tracers in OFPE but they are exactly the same as in ofp if you look at the video recoill presented. wink_o.gif

I cant tell the diference confused_o.gif , building destruction on those gas stations looks good though smile_o.gif .