Sign in to follow this  
brataccas

Far Cry directx10 gfx video.

just look here at the very first directx10 footage (farcry)

http://s2.putfile.com/videos/26010463625.avi

awesome, game2 would look totally outstanding if they progammed it in dx10 does anyone know if game2 is still being made in dx9?

I dunno why but looking at that vid makes the game2 pics a bit dated, cant belive im saying that... wow_o.gif

I'd guess it would use DX10, wether or not it fully makes use of DX10 is a different story tounge2.gif

It does look.. insane though :O

/me needs a new PC..

- Ben

Those graphics look great!!! and the physics is a good compliment to it too, and the shading too!

Looks at Dell Optiplex GX110 help.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Haha

Ok seriously. I think game2 would benefit hugely from DX10, its a superb API and would compliment BI's gameplay hugely!

Hauk

Pros: It would probably make the game look really, really good.

Cons: No computer would be able to handle it.

If everybody thought like you we were still at pong wink_o.gif .

ScreenShot_120.jpg

ScreenShot_074.jpg

Though the clouds and blizzard is already possible in ofp I'd like to see volumetric clouds / these kind of kickass effects in Game2, Ofcourse it (apart from the clouds!!wink_o.gif shouln't take too much time away from gameplay elements, but hey! planes need attention in ofp! tounge2.gif

Pros: It would probably make the game look really, really good.

its the same story with dx9 a few years back...

I thought DX10 will only be supported by Windows Vista (Longhorn) due to some new way it handles the HW.

I believe I've read somewhere that there are plans for atleast one more DX9.0 version for the current Windows-platform.

just look here at the very first directx10 footage (farcry)

http://s2.putfile.com/videos/26010463625.avi

awesome, game2 would look totally outstanding if they progammed it in dx10 does anyone know if game2 is still being made in dx9?

I dunno why but looking at that vid makes the game2 pics a bit dated, cant belive im saying that... wow_o.gif

some of thats not a video of a game,its a video of real life rofl.gif,no seriously that looks real dang realistic,I love it,if OFP2..or 3 whatever they want to call it,has graphics like that especially the destrucible buildings then everyones going to want it,hell you'd be crazy NOT to want it,it suits the graphics whores,the phsyics whores and the realistic or semi-realistic...oooo if it had that I wonder what walking around in a lightning storm with a dark dark sky would look wow_o.gif

Don't forget that whatever you see in that video is done on Farcry scale, wich is VERY small once you get the game. Farcry1 had thesame promises, including dynamic day/night I believe, yet none of those came true.

sooooo.... wink_o.gif

Farcry sucks because it doesnt run on my 6600GT for some reason , shadows get messed up , graphics all screwy even with different drivers from official nvidias/msi/omega. mad_o.gif

Don't forget that whatever you see in that video is done on Farcry scale, wich is VERY small once you get the game. Farcry1 had thesame promises, including dynamic day/night I believe, yet none of those came true.

sooooo.... wink_o.gif

I mean the graphics in general,not the game,I have far cry but the story doesn't make much sense..your on a boat,your a photogropher,next thing your on an island,guys hunting you then you get a gun and somehow your character is good with a gun,then you get a transmission from a guy you dont know nor does he know you,it just doesnt seem right.

This topic is about game2 and DirectX10, not Far Cry.

I liked every thing in the video, just didint like how the building fell apart. It reminded me of Soldner, the game of bugs. And if the next FarCry turns out to be like soldner. And

Game 2 or game 3, wth ever its called. Will turn out to have so many bugs like Soldner had, promis's, i dont want to doubt

it though. It all looks great, i just dont want a nother f*cked up game on my PC. So lets hope OFP do's not follow Farcry, and farcry dont follow soldner.

OFP 2 should be the game of all times, and to me it will be.

I mean OFP is already the game of all times for me, and every time i look at OFP 2 screens, i drul.. so lets not screw this up now. smile_o.gif

yet directx10 runs those graphics which was what I was mostly talkin about so I was still on topic whistle.gif

yet directx10 runs those graphics which was what I was mostly talkin about so I was still on topic  whistle.gif

You were mostly talking about your personal feeling towards the game Far Cry and it's story, not the cryengine engine -specs and certainly not DX10 and game2.

If you need to reply to this, do it through PM. Don't drag this topic off-topic again.

Erm, Far Cry was being used to point out that lots was promised before it was released (It was one of the first games to use all the shiney DX9 stuff, no..?), and the exact same thing could happen with DX10

As for "No pc will run it" : 1, it's not going to be released for atleast a year atleast, I'm sure, by then, a lot of people will have upgraded their PCs etc..

2, it'll be more efficant than DX9 I'm sure too..

3, the videos will be running at full spec, you could turn the options down, and older PC's would work

- Ben

Dx10 is - according to the rumor reports - more for providing the graphics infrastructure for WinVista.

It's Dx10 that is going to demand that we all run out and buy gfx7800's just to check email or web forums due to the fancy 3D user interface.

It's Dx10 that is going to lock up the DRM including HDCP monitors. Check your brand-new expensive LCD, and get ready toss it out in the trash when it won't play DVD's or only in fuzzy thumbnails because your display is not 'secure'.

It's Dx10 that is going to not only deprecate DX7, 8, and 9 API calls (which is normal course) but also remove them from the dx3d.dll and related interfaces, leaving you with a much less accessible wrapper for 'old' applications. Whether theres a performance loss in those wrappers or not remains to be seen, the intent is to force developers to change over.

It's Dx10 that's going to limit OpenGL to rev. 1.4 without shaders running in an emulation wrapper (goodbye Doom3/Quake4/XSI/Maya/3Dlabs/Quadro/Lightwave/etc) unless you run a vendor driver, which then is forced to switch out of the Windows graphics system to execute 'unsupported' library calls.

Oh and it also offers Shader model 4.0. Probably. And all that crap they showed in the previously linked FarCry video, can generally be done on Dx8 or 9 hardware...

"Dynamic day/night cycle" - In OFP from launch.

"Fully interactive environments" - Soldner, TA spring have destructable terrain and objects.

"Sunrays + diffuse transmission" - HL2 Source with HDR extensions.

"Real-time soft shadows" - Shadow LOD/sprite works just fine now, only question is how much you want to lag.

"Soft partigles" - particle shaders are old tech now, again merely density/lag.

"Interactive/destructable environments" - If this is done in Soldner and VBS, why is Dx10 required? That's physics, not Gfx.

"Volumetric clouds" - Doesn't IL:2, Lomac, or some of the other FS's already have this?

"Advanced shader technology" - when in doubt, don't explain :P

'What do I think'? CryTek is the SCO of the gaming world, pimped by the hardware manufacturers and M$ to convince you to shell out more ultimately for EA Games. wink_o.gif

Nice vid, but very little of that would be DX10, if any. Transmission, volumetric clouds and "advanced shader tech" (whatever that might be) are about the only things that could be.

And if MS make DX10 compatable with Vista only then DX10 won't be used much by anyone. Even MS wouldn't be that stupid....I hope....

Edit...just read your post Shin. Transmission is a part of HDR? Hmmm...you sure? Seems to me to be a "fake" version SSS (sub-surface-scattering), which isn't HDR. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The company decided to cut the backward compatibility with DirectX 9, 8, 7 and lower in this API but there will be a way to use games programmed for those APIs. Microsoft will enable support for DX 9 or lower games through a software layer, meaning it might run slower.

So, cutting complete compatibility running 90% of software what i run daily (or run them slow in the kind of emulation they are planning to do) , without talking the last 10% software using < directx7 system , is not really an advantage for me in any way, whatever "wow" factor the directx10 can have.

I find it unbelieveable how Microsoft can keep doing these "lets throw all we have now to the trash and rebuild everything" stunts and still have game developers blindly following them... Why is a company with such massive resources incapable of designing things properly for one time, so there would be no need to keep changing things all the time?

I'd hope that if BIS would go with an API change, it would be a change to OpenGL instead of this yet-another massive Direct3D API rewrite which will no doubt be thrown out of the window again in a few years making all the code written for it useless.

"Sunrays + diffuse transmission" - HL2 Source with HDR extensions.

"Soft partigles" - particle shaders are old tech now, again merely density/lag.

Didnt halopc also have the sunrays?I remember looking through some trees and I saw some of those effects,or something similar...