Sign in to follow this  
brataccas

Far Cry directx10 gfx video.

I`m quite sure I will play this one, in the same way I will support BIS I will also support Crytek.

Farcry really surprised me when it was released and I was more impressed by it then DOOM3 which came later on as a comparison.

It looks like it will be the game with the best available graphics (to my knowledge) if they keep the release on track.

For me it will be ok if the replayability is not that great as I will appriciate the game for taking graphics to a new level.

Guest Ti0n3r

This pic might be interesting...

Reality/Crysis

Guest Ti0n3r

Btw, does anyone know if the real life pics are fake? (Since they look very much like copies of the Crysis pics).

Or maybe it's the other way around tounge2.gif

At first glance I thought hmm 4 photos  wow_o.gif

If any of them are fake I think its the "real ones". I've seen the in-game ones in hi-res a couple of months ago. They dont look nearly as photo'ish and more like graphics in full-size.

But I'm still more than impressed, and concerned with the system requirements  huh.gif

I'm still wondering - I got myself a new graphics card recently, and I'm hearing all this stuff from the developers(I think) of Crysis, saying that if you really want all the functionality of Direct X 10, I'm gonna have to upgrade. What does that mean for me and my (beloved) 7900GTX? Does that count or do they mean from the older 6XXX series where only the recent ones support the newest shader models, etc?? I'm a bit worried.

I'm guessing nothing available today will be enough to push Crysis around in all its glory at a playable pace.

We'll have to look at the next-gen video cards, CPUs and motherboard architecture for that.

yeah hell no , don't do Dx10 :P im not intrested in windows vista mad_o.gif

I fear we're not going to have much choice in the matter, unless you can be stronger than me and give up gaming tounge2.gif

After a few years of dx10/Vista, there wont be much dx9 stuff left, and those who have held on will be forced to upgrade.

Its a damn sneaky (well, its not exactly sneaky, more blatantly obvious) move by M$ to make some more $$$ confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]After a few years of dx10/Vista, there wont be much dx9 stuff left, and those who have held on will be forced to upgrade.

Maybe there won't be new "disposable entertainment" for XP in a few years but there will still be Armed Assault so at least I will not be forced to do anything but to keep playing it smile_o.gif

On another note I think it would be a good time for BIS to depart DirectX once and for all with Game2. It's supposed to be next generation and all so why not truely be that.